SYNERGY Trading Method - page 25

error report

my EA still not picking trade though the Manual Indicator is doing better than the later version. attached to this mail is the error report as dislayed by the journal while back testing.

I think this might help you in proferring solution to the problem

I posted a new version of the indicator because I removed the Print() statements from the code, so it would not fill up your experts tab. You do not need to do anything to "turn it off", just use the new Ind I posted instead.

autumnleaves:
Got it, but I'm not sure how to turn off outputs. Is that in the indy? autumn

fowope:
my EA still not picking trade though the Manual Indicator is doing better than the later version. attached to this mail is the error report as dislayed by the journal while back testing. I think this might help you in proferring solution to the problem

Non is helping with some backtesting now and if I can prove the Chaikin indicator does not help, then I will just remove it altogether. Then you will not get zero divide errors. As far as the other, I am adding a check that should fix it as well.

A new version should be out Monday or Tues....

Simple Synergy

May I prevail upon someone with a very fast computer to do some optimize runs with the attached EA. Because of the array used in the EA, backtesting and optimization are hopelessly slow on my computer.

Here are some suggestions for testing. Do not try to optimize all the inputs at once, and please use the longest time period you can tolerate. Ideally it should be subjected to 2 years of data, but it may only be possible to run it on 2 months at a time.

thanks

autumn

extern double P_SARStep = 0.02; range: .018 - .026

extern double P_SARMax = 0.2; range: .18 - 0.3 step: 0.3

extern double P_EnvDev = 0.1; range: .04 - .15

extern int P_ATRPer = 13; leave as is

extern int P_ATRMin = 7; range: 3 - 15

extern int P_ATRMax = 20; range 10 -25

extern int P_SORPer = 8; range: 5 - 13

extern int P_SOYPer = 21; range 13 - 34

extern int P_SOSlow = 8; range 3 - 15

extern int P_STDFPer = 13; leave as is

extern int P_STDFMin = 180; range: 150 250, step: 5 or 10

Files:

How about stops ?..........

Simple Synergy

Stops? There aren't any. You can use a TP, but I set it to 999 to allow all trades to exit on signals. No SL, and exits and TS are handled by signals. There is also no money management. This version is intended as a test of the effectiveness of the signals.

Thanks

autumn

Simple Synergy

I think I forgot to mention that it was developed on a 15 minute timechart.

autumn

Synergy EA trading Nov 26

Viddy these trades with EA on usdjpy today. I started the EA late last night so it may have missed some action earlier on Sunday evening. One of the trades is a rogue, it seems.

autumn

Today's trades

here is the chart

Files:

autumnleaves:
Viddy these trades with EA on usdjpy today. I started the EA late last night so it may have missed some action earlier on Sunday evening. One of the trades is a rogue, it seems. autumn

Looking at the chart... what trade was "rogue" and why?

I will try to run a little test and see if it looks the same as this chart... What is the time/price you got for entry & exit?

Okay, Autumn, I tried to run it, but cannot get the same trades you did.. cannot get the long one shown because it is still in a long trade from the green arrows prior to that. So I'm not sure how you go that trade. Same for the short... my chart gets the short signal, but is still in that long until two candles later. What broker?

Thanks,

-Derk

Reason: