Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 60

judylim:
Hi

Can anyone confirm again ?? Whether the arrow MUST touch the line or not?

i am newbie here....

Many thanks.

Judy

i don't think it matters...remember it just an indicator it does not predict the past i think u still need some sort of filter (i.e. stochs) before entering. The arrow did not touch and i still entered and made money ...

Read all posts

Hello Judy,

take the time to read every single post in this thread from beginning to end. It is especially important if you are "newbie". It will help you to understand the method. I am not criticizing your question, just trying to help.

Regards,

Pluto2

basza:
Hi all,

Just about 3am Saturday morning here and after my nutting off at Microsoft, I have managed to download Linux and installed MT4. Just in the process of downloading indi's and setting up charts for Monday start.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and have gained plenty of pips this week.

Cheers

Basza

Basza,

May I contact you via email/messenger regarding installing mt4 on Linux? I'm trying to get it going on Fedora 7 but am getting some errors. Please send me a PM if it's ok.

Thanks!

Signal

droesparky:
according to post #29 on page 3 it has to touch.

Actually, touching/not touching doesn't matter. By "touching" he means the only requirement is that the zigzag line ENDS on the same candle that the arrow APPEARS on. From my understanding of the code in the indicator (WOW the documentation is lacking) - the placement of the arrow is dependent on the bar, not it's actual location.

great weekend

Well we will start a new month next week. I hope everyone had a great trading week.

Everyone have a great labor-day weekend

See you next week !!

It is odd sometimes its not close to the candles and sometimes it remains on a candle thats not the lowest or highest.

Hey forex11 thanks you also for this system. It takes a little prowess but it has a lot of potential.

Pointers

droesparky:
It is odd sometimes its not close to the candles and sometimes it remains on a candle thats not the lowest or highest. Hey forex11 thanks you also for this system. It takes a little prowess but it has a lot of potential.

Well, the reason it does that (remains on a candle) is because it only updates the arrow when there is a change - and it's not just the new high that the indicator is showing... there's more to the calculation.

It's position on the screen would be something that someone like CodersGuru could answer - but from what I see, you just tell it on which bar/time to plot your arrow, and it decides where to put it. Sometimes the placement may be off, especially if you have adjusted your vertical zoom.

safire25:
Hi,

Does the arrow have to touch the ZigZag line for a trigger?

Please see pic, is this a new sell triggering?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

I took the earlier signal when I thought that the trend has exhausted. Then the arrow repainted and it hit my stoploss. Anyway I had my second entry after I comfirmed it by using EMA crossing. The second entry proves it is profitable. Anyway I only took the signal when the arrow and the zigzag line are touching each other.

Thanks everyone for you kind help

Judy

burn0050:
Hi Bear,

One of the reasons that I think the EA doesn't work well is the exit rules. I think I could modify the one from Nix to exit differently. You say that you can either exit with another zigzag line (no arrow) or wait until the next signal to reverse.

I think the trailing stop and stop loss are too close in this EA. I think that by using just an initial stoploss then break even stop loss, the EA would have better results. The other lingering question is whether to exit on the next signal or just the line. Can you tell me which one you use?

Thanks,

burn0050

Hey burn0050,

That is what I have been saying since the start. Anyways I think its a great idea. 75% of the time I exit at the first bounce. For programming sakes I would just do that.

Thanks ,

Bear-

Reason: