Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 62

droesparky:
So its persistance that pays in this method?

I would say yes. In my method I have a bit less losses, but the profit to overal loss ratio might be the same. Still there are more losers than winners. One needs to get their head around this before going live.

Arrow

Hello Bigbear

thanks for your patience and kind explanations of your method.

Does the arrow have to touch the candle?

Regards,

Pluto2

In post one it says they both appear, in post 29 it says touch.

One or the other needs to be edited JMHO

thanks for sharing I am make positive pips so far.

user..

How are you doing with the nonlagdot indicator, thus far? (Folks I voted "good" in the poll and please excuse the interupption...I have been following along in this thread and I felt that user4001's contribution, might have been overlooked)

Learning how to be a trader and dealing with back to back losses proves to be challenging and I understand those of you needing filters to deal with managing your emotions. You are not wrong.

ES

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177573/page32

user4001:
The nonlagdot indicator seems to be usefull for those who want to test it.

will that dot repaint after a candle has closed?

spibytes:
BigBear and 11, You guys have taught me more in this thread than I thought was possible. I even had a pretty good profit this week. Hopefully, you'll get that 'Vanquish' soon. See you guys next week.. Have a Safe and Happy Holiday..

Hey spibytes,

You are very welcome. We believe in what goes around comes around.

Peace,

Bear-

droesparky:
bigbear you said you set stops below the arrow. I have made the arrow size 3 but for stop sake I take it you use the normal sized arrow? on gbp/jpy the size of arrow can be a lot of pips.

Hey droesparky,

What I actually meant was below/above the high/low of the candle with the arrow. Hope that explains it better.

Bear-

droesparky:
another question I have about that pointer is why does it stay where its at when its way out like that. When it touches the zigzag it will move to the next bar if the next bar is lower or higher. However it seems to stick to where its at when its way off like that.

Hey droesparky,

That is a quetsion that a coder would need to answer. I am not sure why.

Bear-

redyM:
Hi Bear,

That a good info from you.

Your KISS system has, on the average, consecutive LOSS/WIN = 10/1.

Total_Profit_LOSS(10 losses) / Profit_WIN = 1/2.

But 1 Loss = 30 pips and 1 Win = 600 pips average.

So that total profit for one transaction (one arrow+NLZZ) is equal to 600 - (30x10) = 300 pips average.

I assume that profit is only from one pair, so it will be about three time if we trade GJ, EJ and UJ....Great !!!!

Good Bear

Hey redyM,

You hit it on the nose. If you have read any books on trading anything not just Forex, you will learn that most pro traders lose way more then they win. But when they win they win BIG!!!!

I am no pro trader but I try to follow what the big boys do.

Thanks for your input,

Bear-

droesparky:
So its persistance that pays in this method?

Hey droesparky,

That is so in anything. I have benn through 100's of "systems". Some free some that cost thousands. Some good, some bad. The point is I found something that works. For me.

You need to be comfy with what you do in trading. I dont want to knock other peoples system because I have no right to do so.

If it works for them great! But they dont work for me.

Let me give an example. Someone sent me a system they where developing where the SL was between 100 & 200 on a 4 Hr chart. The system was generating around 700 a month. When I told them about FTC they said it would never work. You will get stopped out so many times. Its true. I do. But When I win I dwarf what I lose by a substantial amount.

Im ok with losing 30-50 pips a trade. Not 100-200. He said he averages only 4losses a month. I average 7-9 a month. He averages 3-5 wins between 100-200 pips each. I average around 3 wins @ 400-1000+. You see my point.

He still was not comfy with almost 10 losses. He was so worried about his "average". Who cares about averages. It does not matter in Forex. What matters is how much you get in the end.

He is trading minis right know. Lets see if he is comfy with full lots losing 200 pips. Not me.

There are many great systems on this & other forums. This is the one that works for me. I hope you all can make some pips on this until you find what works for you. If this is it then great! If not I understand.

Good Luck to all of you.

Bear-

Reason: