Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 27

:)

SIMBA:
Hexadecimal,

I visually tested it on H1 TF for EURJPY..and it repaints BIG TIME and moves to adjacent bars(up to 3 bars maybe? ),additionally,the quality of the signals is far worse than tested before..

Hexadecimal,would you care to comment?

1-Why it does repaint on H1 tf and,APPARENTLY,doesn`t on M30 and H4?

2-Why signal quality,APPARENTLY,is exceptional for M30 and not so for H1,when the settings you posted are for ZIGZAG forced time:60?Probably due to the deficiencies of the mt4 tester when in front of mtf indicators?

3-Did you know it repainted on H1?What is your live experience with it?

Regards

hi simba ..

1-Why it does repaint on H1 tf and,APPARENTLY,doesn`t on M30 and H4?

ans : when you test on say m15 .. the zigzag is already drawn on 60tf so all it is doing is showing you where it is in 60tf which is the past market action and on visual mode you have the feelig holy grail . you did the right thing then testing it on 60tf for which it was configuered and oops!.

hope it helps

rswamy4449:
----------------------------------------------------

Here is the link!

Sincerely,

rswamy4449

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177296

thanks rswamy, I aprecciate that... cheers Walter.

cbrock5000,Guyver

cbrock5000:
The easy way to test is to let the visual run fast at speed = 31 - 32 and mark the approximate time for when the zig zagy and NLZZ line show up. Then go back and restart the test and run the visual slowly at the point where you know the signals will show, then once you have both signals place a vertical and horizontal line at price and time then continue running till your next signal. Until we have EA's testing this is the quickest way I am aware of. If this shows promise several testers could take different pairs and different months to arrive at a complete backtest worthy of study.

Hi cbrock5000,Guyver

I have read some of your posts and have enjoyed your pertinent comments(both of you)..I understand that what cbrock5000 proposes is just what I did until I realized it was too good to be true..see post 266 in this thread by Guyver(Thanks a lot Guyver,you confirnmed what I already thought but wasn`t sure about..)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177573/page18

BASICALLY:Visual backtesting of a repainting mtf indicator is misleading when used in tfs different than the one the indicator is presetted at..you only see the last repaint,the complete one,all the intermediate ones are not even hinted at..Try it,do a visual test on H1 tf,the indicator was "forced" at H1,then compare with what you get at M30..Then ask yourself..Where are all the missing signals?..At our broker`s pockets maybe ?

Hexadecimal

hexadecimal:
Hm Very colorful

I don't know why but here the picture is different. Here is my USD/JPY CHART.

I`m also attaching the original mq4 file and the saved template from my chart. And after all i`m really satisfied from this zigzag indicator.

cheers

Hi Hexadecimal,

Don`t worry,these things happen,you posted it with all your illusion,wanting to share something profitable,this process discovers that the indicator was probably not so good..It has happened to almost everybody once and to me at least several times ..the important thing is that if you are really satisfied with this indicator,there must be something of value worth exploring,worst case we learn,best case we learn to earn

I will visual test your mq4,check the code,test different settings and compare with bear indicators,and,probably,check live on Monday..Will keep everybody informed

..............I will visual test your mq4,check the code,test different settings and compare with bear indicators,and,probably,check live on Monday..Will keep everybody informed

Thanks Simba, understanding the repaint issue - has anyone looked at the performance if you take the first time the indicator and the NLZZ touch at the same time. This showed promise in the short backtest I performed a few hours ago.

Example: ZZ paints - repaints - repaints - repaints - then NLZZ line shows. This would be the first point that both indicators now touch same price. Enter here, then utilize MM to close or wait for opposing signals. This is simply the BigBear entry on a shorter time frame and different ZZ. Can we test this to confirm or deny its capability?

droesparky:
hey bigbear in the above post you said enter when the line and pointer appear. You do mean on the close of that candle right?

no - he indicated in earlier post he enters as soon as the two signals appear together. So if the pointer appears -repaints - repaints then the NLZZ line appears or touches the same price as the ZZ pointer for the first time, then he enters.

Cbrock5000

..............I will visual test your mq4,check the code,test different settings and compare with bear indicators,and,probably,check live on Monday..Will keep everybody informed

Thanks Simba, understanding the repaint issue - has anyone looked at the performance if you take the first time the indicator and the NLZZ touch at the same time. This showed promise in the short backtest I performed a few hours ago.

Example: ZZ paints - repaints - repaints - repaints - then NLZZ line shows. This would be the first point that both indicators now touch same price. Enter here, then utilize MM to close or wait for opposing signals. This is simply the BigBear entry on a shorter time frame and different ZZ. Can we test this to confirm or deny its capability?

OK,will check visually with the tester tomorrow and post back here,thanks for your comments

Multiple possibility-The Definite in the Relative world

Dear all

seen this thread grow since its day 1 read all of it. And it reminds me of

multiple possibility that exist in this world that can happen in all our lives.

The arrow in our lives can go down or more down or just turn back up.

What determines what happens next? Logically us the choices we make u might ad

Similarly choices in world of ticks, bar charts and time zones in short the financial market is a summation of choices...Now lets imagine there is just one person called as the Entity having a definte choice. This entity would have intention, goal and direction

To study all the above volume and why price has the need to go up or down or sideways would give much insight and also into making a successfull ea.

Happy Trading

shohreh:
Dear all

seen this thread grow since its day 1 read all of it. And it reminds me of

multiple possibility that exist in this world that can happen in all our lives.

The arrow in our lives can go down or more down or just turn back up.

What determines what happens next? Logically us the choices we make u might ad

Similarly choices in world of ticks, bar charts and time zones in short the financial market is a summation of choices...Now lets imagine there is just one person called as the Entity having a definte choice. This entity would have intention, goal and direction

To study all the above volume and why price has the need to go up or down or sideways would give much insight and also into making a successfull ea.

Happy Trading

I want what you are smoking.

SIMBA:
Hi cbrock5000,Guyver

I have read some of your posts and have enjoyed your pertinent comments(both of you)..I understand that what cbrock5000 proposes is just what I did until I realized it was too good to be true..see post 266 in this thread by Guyver(Thanks a lot Guyver,you confirnmed what I already thought but wasn`t sure about..)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177573/page18

BASICALLY:Visual backtesting of a repainting mtf indicator is misleading when used in tfs different than the one the indicator is presetted at..you only see the last repaint,the complete one,all the intermediate ones are not even hinted at..Try it,do a visual test on H1 tf,the indicator was "forced" at H1,then compare with what you get at M30..Then ask yourself..Where are all the missing signals?..At our broker`s pockets maybe ?

Simba,

all zigzag repaints..

do some visual test with DT_ZigZag,Zigzag laurer which is also MTF indicators and you will be amazed it is better then this the phat_zigzag [original name] the only difference is where normal DT_zigzag shows only one leg it can display not necessarly several to show last peaks and througs[still i see no use cause trend can still follow] and will repaint. you know bitter truth about zigzags

regards

Guyver