The Only Pivot - page 228

DavidWillis,

I watch "PivotCustom_4TimeFrame and it looks also usefull for entry, specially the Weekly Pivot line, I don't know why it doesn't draw the same line with "OnlyPivotLevel_W1F" (the golden line).

Could you add this on your EA rather then only using OnlyPivotLevel_W1F (sorry I can't do programming task).

TIMEFREEDOM, could you share your EA setting and your MTP setting ? thank's

what happening...

Files:
gj.jpg  256 kb

I try to stay away from indicators as much as possible, but after a while I go through withdrawals. I will take a closer look.

TimeFreedom

spymez:
Good Day Gentlemen...

I hope we all gathered some nice pips yesterday!

I have been trying different indicators for filtering purposes.

The Big Red "Semafore" as it is called, on this chart may be useful in indentifying the correct side of the trend. According to the developer (asystem2000), on this forum, the red pivot dot does not repaintafter it appears. Though it does take some bars after the pivot has formed to appear, it could be used as a filter? The Red Trendline(which changes according to market conditions) (called the Forecast High Trendline) could also be used? Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree here?

Perhaps the more experienced traders/programmers might be able to test and validate this theory?

Comments most welcome.

This forum has been a great inspiration and help to me. I thought I would try and contribute something.

Best Regards

Spy

confused...

TimeFreedom:
We have a sell signal and I am short @ 211.01 using David's EA v1.7.

FYI: I have done some preliminary backtests with W1F and Original strategy and it looks like the Original is the winner hands down. I need to do a visual backtest to confirm the trades before we scrap W1F.

Note: You will notice that I have added links to important files, indicators, templates, etc... on my signature for the convenience of all OnlyPivot traders. Let's all thank DeeForex for the great idea. Thanks DeeForex!

TimeFreedom

Hi TF...why my EA 1_7 opened buy n yours opened short....did I miss something?

I think your getting the Pivots confused with the OnlyPivot, which is the daily open price. Pivot points are not the same as daily or weekly open price.

I have already shared my MTP and EA v1.7 presets a few posts back. Please look back a couple of pages.

TimeFreedom

kissaki:
DavidWillis,

I watch "PivotCustom_4TimeFrame and it looks also usefull for entry, specially the Weekly Pivot line, I don't know why it doesn't draw the same line with "OnlyPivotLevel_W1F" (the golden line).

Could you add this on your EA rather then only using OnlyPivotLevel_W1F (sorry I can't do programming task).

TIMEFREEDOM, could you share your EA setting and your MTP setting ? thank's

Very odd v1.7 EA

I am long G/J and G/U but Sell G/CHF??

We need a better filter?

I use IBFX broker. Which broker do you use?

TimeFreedom

9w2ymz:

Broker

Hi Time

I am using ODL.

Rgds

There was no short going into the Asian Session. No arrows indicating a long yet, but I am sure once the current hourly candles closes there will be.

9w2ymz:

It was very close to a long trade. If you are using a different broker, it could have easily been a long signal, which at this point looks like it would have been better.

Reason: