The Only Pivot - page 227

UJ is going crazy...

seems like a bumpy ride today...

Files:
crazy_uj.jpg  468 kb

limestreamx:
seems like a bumpy ride today...

It's not just that pair. AUSJPY, GBPJPY & USJPY ALL SHOT DOWN. I'm hoping it'll reach support levels.

BTW- Thanks to TF, DW & others for keeping up with this.

david,

I'm going through the code to see when usebrain gets triggered, when it is true. However, I can only find instances when usebrain==false . If I were to set the Brain filter to true, when would it come into play in the code?

thanks,

dee

brain

deeforex:
david,

I'm going through the code to see when usebrain gets triggered, when it is true. However, I can only find instances when usebrain==false . If I were to set the Brain filter to true, when would it come into play in the code?

thanks,

dee

I took a glance at the code- looks like line 326 to me.

I have the problem that the PivotLevelSun is not progressing from alone (after approx. 8pm), i then have to restart the metatrader and then level is up to date again, quite strange behaviour, TF you got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

deeforex:
david,

thanks,

dee

Here is the code:

if(iMA(Symbol(),0,2,0,MAMode,pricemode,1) < daily-buffer*Point)

{

if(iMA(Symbol(),0,2,0,MAMode,pricemode,1) < weekly-buffer*Point || useweekly==false)

{

if(brain>Open[1] || usebrain==false)

{

You will see something similar to this in several places. These are the conditions that need to be meet at the start of the day 1:00 on my broker to enter a short trade

1- the moving average needs to be below the daily pivot

2- the moving average needs to be bolow the weekly pivot, or useweekly has to be false

3- the brain stop line needs to be above the open price, or usebrain needs to be false

Only Pivot + Waves Auto Trend Indicator

Good Day Gentlemen...

I hope we all gathered some nice pips yesterday!

I have been trying different indicators for filtering purposes.

The Big Red "Semafore" as it is called, on this chart may be useful in indentifying the correct side of the trend. According to the developer (asystem2000), on this forum, the red pivot dot does not repaintafter it appears. Though it does take some bars after the pivot has formed to appear, it could be used as a filter? The Red Trendline(which changes according to market conditions) (called the Forecast High Trendline) could also be used? Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree here?

Perhaps the more experienced traders/programmers might be able to test and validate this theory?

Comments most welcome.

This forum has been a great inspiration and help to me. I thought I would try and contribute something.

Best Regards

Spy

davidwillis:
can you post all your settings, so I can see if I can duplicate what is happening. It should be opening 4 positions with 4 tp points.

David, I'm sorry - I think it was over load with the margin... I'll try agan.

We have a sell signal and I am short @ 211.01 using David's EA v1.7.

FYI: I have done some preliminary backtests with W1F and Original strategy and it looks like the Original is the winner hands down. I need to do a visual backtest to confirm the trades before we scrap W1F.

Note: You will notice that I have added links to important files, indicators, templates, etc... on my signature for the convenience of all OnlyPivot traders. Let's all thank DeeForex for the great idea. Thanks DeeForex!

TimeFreedom

What you see on my chart are comments, which David coded into EA v1.6, but left out on v1.7. I changed the appearance a little for my convenience.

TimeFreedom

robertmc:
Hi TF, I've noticed on your charts you have info on there that does not show up when I use v1.7. Where is this info coming from? AND could you list what indicators you have running in your last screenshot. THANKS!
Reason: