The Only Pivot - page 224

TimeFreedom:
@ David

Your EA v1.6 is working great except for one small bug. Looks like the EA is reversing a trade once SMMA closes above/below the Daily Open Price only. It needs to reverse a trade once SMMA closes above/below the Daily Open Price and the Weekly Open Price. Take a look at the enclosed pics for a visual explanation.

FYI: I have tested YTD and it looks like W1F is more profitable with less trades compared to the Original with no filter.

TimeFreedom

I guess I didn't understand the rules right. I thought you would have a stop and reverse at the cross, but you wouldn't open the new trade, because it was filtered by the weekly.

So if I understand it right, if you are using a filter, you will just stay in the trade until you get a new trade in the other direction, or you get stopped out?

You got it. We get a signal only if SMMA closes above/below the Weekly and Daily Open Price.

TimeFreedom

davidwillis:

So if I understand it right, if you are using a filter, you will just stay in the trade until you get a new trade in the other direction, or you get stopped out?

We have a buy signal and I am in long @ 209.96 using EA v1.6.

TimeFreedom

Hi TimeFreedom

Thanks for your daily trading reports.

I just got the signal to go long gj too, though I am confirming with Braintrend1stops.

Can you advise in your experience which setting is best for confirmation, Weekly or Brain?

I am also using v1.6 of David's EA...(THANKS DAVID!!!!)

Thanks

Spymez

Files:
pivot.jpg  57 kb

I have not tested Brain as a filter, therefore I can not comment, but W1F looks good based on my recent test. Waiting for David to fix a small bug on W1F to do a more extensive backtest.

TimeFreedom

spymez:
Thanks for your daily trading reports.

I just got the signal to go long gj too, though I am confirming with Braintrend1stops.

Can you advise in your experience which setting is best for confirmation, Weekly or Brain?

Thanks

Spymez

W1F + Brain Filter?

Thanks Time

I wonder if both filters could be used?

Will look into it.

Rgds

Spy

We can visually test the concept of W1F and Brain filter together first, but IMO too many filters.

TimeFreedom

spymez:
Thanks Time

Will look into it.

Rgds

Spy

TimeFreedom:
@ David

Your EA v1.6 is working great except for one small bug. Looks like the EA is reversing a trade once SMMA closes above/below the Daily Open Price only. It needs to reverse a trade once SMMA closes above/below the Daily Open Price and the Weekly Open Price. Take a look at the enclosed pics for a visual explanation.

FYI: I have tested YTD and it looks like W1F is more profitable with less trades compared to the Original with no filter.

TimeFreedom

ok, here is 1.7 which fixes that problem.

Files:

spymez:
Thanks Time

Will look into it.

Rgds

Spy

You can turn both of them on and test it if you want. In fact, you can even use the buffer filter with both of them.

Buffer

Thanks David

Do I set buffer switch to 1 to enable?

Please remind me what the buffer does. I have read the thread but its getting big now.

Rgds

Spy

Reason: