The Only Pivot - page 168

davidwillis:
did anyone get that buy signal @ 12:00 using my ea? Mine didn't get it, but I was having some power outages. I thought I had it all fixed by then, but didn't get the trade for some reason.

your ea is in post 1632???

how does it perform??

I mean open lots and so so it also takes partial profits??? As my backtests was results not so well but it could be good if it follows exact rules

Has anyone try using the MTP on a live account?

I used to use S/L on my live account, but I had noticed that the broker would slowly move price upwards to trigger my S/L exactly, and then price would head back in its intended direction. I had this issue with brokers like MIG and IBFX.

I was thinking something crazy. Maybe the EA should just monitor the trades with a mental S/L, and when price goes within x-PIPs including the spread, trigger the close immediately as if a S/L was entered explicitly.

stace:
your ea is in post 1632???

how does it perform??

I mean open lots and so so it also takes partial profits??? As my backtests was results not so well but it could be good if it follows exact rules

Yes, that is it. It should follow the rules exact. Let me know if it doesn't. you can set it up to have up to 3 take profits. if you have three, it will close 1/3rd at the first, another 1/3rd at the second, and the last 3rd at the third take profit.

TP1,TP2,and TP3 are the three take profit targets. If you don't want three, then put 0 in TP3.

SLinitial is the initial Stop loss. SL1 is where it moves the stop loss to when price reaches SLA1 (-1 in SL1 means it moves the stop loss to be+1). SL2 is where the stop loss is moved to when price reaches SLA2, and SL3 is where the stop loss is moved to when price reaches SLA3.

et_phonehome_2:
Has anyone try using the MTP on a live account?

I used to use S/L on my live account, but I had noticed that the broker would slowly move price upwards to trigger my S/L exactly, and then price would head back in its intended direction. I had this issue with brokers like MIG and IBFX.

I was thinking something crazy. Maybe the EA should just monitor the trades with a mental S/L, and when price goes within x-PIPs including the spread, trigger the close immediately as if a S/L was entered explicitly.

That could be done. But if you lost your connection or something, the stop loss could get passed.

davidwillis:
That could be done. But if you lost your connection or something, the stop loss could get passed.

It will be better to do like et_phonehome_2 said no matter loosing connection I will close manually, but those mother**kers brokers are always doing like that I have had a lot of such shit

Soon it will show long on GBPJPY

so 2 longs and 1 sell almost in the row

Got StopLoss

Hi David Willis,

I'm using your EA, it works fine, and almost accurate, but is it possible for us to lock the SMMA with M1?

I've got StopLoss just now at 212.81 but with default setting.

Thanks everyone, I thought it should be enough for today.

Happy Trading....

prepare to long

jhp2025:
Hi David Willis,

I'm using your EA, it works fine, and almost accurate, but is it possible for us to lock the SMMA with M1?

I've got StopLoss just now at 212.81 but with default setting.

Thanks everyone, I thought it should be enough for today.

Happy Trading....

do you mean look for a cross of the SMMA on the one minute chart? I could do that, but wouldn't you get more false signals? when I get a chance, I will look into coding it so you can set the SMMA for any time frame you want.

Accuracy

Hi David,

You're right according to the false signal, but just to make it sharper, once we notice that the trend come towards the daily open pivot line, we can switch the time frame to either M1 or M5.

Or we can set it fixed with M5, so we don't have to worry about swithcing time frame, and we can live with it, just set it up and forget it.

I've got some more question in line with this valuable TOP System as:

1. Is it possible to make more than 3 options for those TP and SL? It's just an ide, and if it is difficult to make, then get rid of it please.

2. Is it possible to draw pivot lines and smma within this EA, so we don't need to run indicator separately?

Thanks for your fast response and cheers.

Reason: