The Only Pivot - page 172

We have a long signal and I am in @ 213.15. Again, probably not the best idea since we have US coming out in approx. 15 minutes and also in 30 minutes. I will keep a close eye on this trade and take early profit if possible.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
Can anyone say chop suey. Closed the short trade for +51 pips. Looks like we will get a buy signal in approx. 1 hour and then 30 minutes later we have US economic news releases coming out. Not sure I will take the buy signal so close to news. TimeFreedom

Taking this buy/long trade so close to news release felt like old times trading the new. You get this weird feeling in your stomach. Got out of the buy trade for +20 * 2 lots (0.20) = +40 pips. Trading the news is not my cup of tea anymore. Done for the day.

Edit: Notice how G/J found resistance @ yesterdays high @ 213.40.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a long signal and I am in @ 213.15. Again, probably not the best idea since we have US coming out in approx. 15 minutes and also in 30 minutes. I will keep a close eye on this trade and take early profit if possible. TimeFreedom

Hello, dear collegues!

Have you considered other pairs for trading TheOnlyPivot strategy?

Regards!

I am doing this on other pairs

basically all JPY pairs seems quite profitable

Back Test Result

Hi Steven Ali, David Willis, and Time Freedom, and other contributors...

I did a bit modification and the result jumps up, as the time shift should be set to 0 (zero) and 3 (three) on the iMA sections.

Error on the SLA3 placements should be corrected....

And the result is....

BUT WHY THERE'S AN ERROR TAG: Mismatched charts errors 358?

Can someone of you clarify why could it happen and how to solve it please?

I'll appreciate all of your effort and many thanks in advance.

Files:
topv12.htm  98 kb
topv12.gif  9 kb

TimeFreedom,

Good observation about the resistance level. Notice that 213.40 would have been a nice little short..................

TimeFreedom:
Taking this buy/long trade so close to news release felt like old times trading the new. You get this weird feeling in your stomach. Got out of the buy trade for +20 * 2 lots (0.20) = +40 pips. Trading the news is not my cup of tea anymore. Done for the day.

Edit: Notice how G/J found resistance @ yesterdays high @ 213.40.

TimeFreedom

1. You have no modelling quality and testing for not long period...

2. This EA will not be good on backtest, because a) tester will be sucking with pivot levels in past... b) tester is particulary joke.

3. For period 1 year EA looses very fast. With good modelling quality

4. The only way I see is forward test.

jhp2025:

I did a bit modification and the result jumps up, as the time shift should be set to 0 (zero) and 3 (three) on the iMA sections.

And the result is....

nice signals from BT & OnlyPivot, but I am not trade

Files:
mytrading_6.jpg  82 kb

First problem I noticed is that your settings for the EA are not correct. Your SL1, SL2, and SL3 should be -1, -50, and -100. To fix the mismatch you should download M1 historical data from Alpari. Enclosed you will find procedures to get 90% modeling quality.

TimeFreedom

jhp2025:

And the result is....

Files:

I try to stay away from extremely long candles and trading at the end of the day. Most likely we will get a retracement from the quick fall and get in at a better price.

core:
nice signals from BT & OnlyPivot, but I am not trade
Reason: