The Only Pivot - page 166

We have a buy signal and I am in @ 212.73. FYI, we have US economic news releases coming out in approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes.

TimeFreedom

Signal

I got buy signal alert at 212.17, is anyone get the same alert to buy?

Signal

Sorry, I mean 212.72

Please help !!

David Willis, Time Freedom

Please guys I can't get the pivot_v_1_1 to work. I am not getting the smiley face if you know what i mean. Either the face is not smiling or I am having X. What I am doing wrong . Please!!! Thanks in advance !!!

Go into Tools --> Options and click on Exper Advisor tab and make sure the Enable Expert Advisors and Allow Live Trading checkboxes are checked.

If you copied the EA into experts\ folder make sure you restarted the platform.

TimeFreedom

mrebrov:
David Willis, Time Freedom Please guys I can't get the pivot_v_1_1 to work. I am not getting the smiley face if you know what i mean. Either the face is not smiling or I am having X. What I am doing wrong . Please!!! Thanks in advance !!!

Thank you Time Freedom !!!

Thank you Time Feedom

Closed out buy trade for +51 pips. Initially I was getting a little worried with US news coming right around the corner. Done for the day with +194.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a buy signal and I am in @ 212.73. FYI, we have US economic news releases coming out in approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes. TimeFreedom

as promised. here is the new EA that uses the right moving average. Attached Files pivot_v_1_1.mq4 (10.1 KB, 88 views)

Davis,

When I try to backtest this EA I continue to get error message 131, which usually indicates a problem with the trade volume. I am using FXDD with all your defaulkt settings and lot = .1. Any ideas?

Thanks,

TimeFreedom:
No calculation needed to determine todays open price @ 00:00. TimeFreedom

I mean in general what is the calculation used to determine the pivot we use? The math of it...

Thanks for the response.

You should use Lots = 0.20 to allow the EA to close one lot (0.10) at +50 pips and move the second lot (0.10) to BE+1, etc...

Edit: I don't think FXDD allows you trade less than 0.10 lots and the EA is trying to close 0.05 lots which it can not do.

TimeFreedom

saintmo:
Davis,

When I try to backtest this EA I continue to get error message 131, which usually indicates a problem with the trade volume. I am using FXDD with all your defaulkt settings and lot = .1. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Reason: