The Only Pivot - page 147

I want everyone to understand that the indicator, TheOnlyPivot_Signal_Sun, I posted here draws the arrows on the chart and not the EA.

Place the TheOnlyPivot_Signal_Sun indicator in the experts\indicators folder and restart your platform and then attach the indicator to your chart.

TimeFreedom

cmartin371:
I cant get this to work. I have it in the appropriate folder but it does not show up on my chart. Thoughts?

Thanks TimeFreedom

If i understand the rules correctly is everyone long on GBPJPY today?

We have a long signal and I am in @ 205.39. Obviously the buy signal is a counter trend signal and has a good chance of going against us, but we must follow every signal. Actually I am expecting a retrace near 206.00 before it heads back down.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
Teldon,

I am trading the Only Pivot strategy on a demo account, but will go live at month end. I usually trade every signal, but will also open some discretionary trades. Most trades don't last very long and I use MTP_1.7 to manage my trades when I am away from the monitor.

TimeFreedom

thanks TF ,

i will do a demo from today, i will trade every signal to start with and then weed out the false ones as i am learning. Hoping to trade like TF and Peter

soon. Guys , advise me on the SL , TP and money management.

MM is different for everyone, therefore I will discuss what I am doing based on lot size and risk & reward. On a 10K standard account I trade two (0.20) mini lots. I close one (0.10) mini lot at +50 pips and move the SL on the remaining (0.10) lot to BE+1 pip. At +100 pips I move the SL on the last (0.10) lot to BE+50. I close the last lot at +110 pips. The max SL is -75 pips. I risk 75*2 = 150 pips to make 160 pips. My risk to reward = 1:1.06.

I am working on getting better risk to reward numbers. Let me know if you have any ideas.

TimeFreedom

teldon:
thanks TF ,

i will do a demo from today, i will trade every signal to start with and then weed out the false ones as i am learning. Hoping to trade like TF and Peter

Wow, I am already out for +160 pips. Don't know what to do with all the free time. Maybe I will get a good night sleep.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a long signal and I am in @ 205.39. Obviously the buy signal is a counter trend signal and has a good chance of going against us, but we must follow every signal. Actually I am expecting a retrace near 206.00 before it heads back down. TimeFreedom

teldon:
thanks TF ,

If i were you,i would be more apt to listen to and learn from Timefreedom.He is honest about his trades.Shows losses and wins But for the other guy,shows only what he banks no losses.If its too good to be true probably is.

50 pips this morning

Files:
gajah_2.jpg  51 kb

Sl & Tp

core:
50 pips this morning

HI CORE, what price you closed the trade this morning?

and what price you open the current buy signal? have you opened it?

i just want to ensure my self. i use your system.

tq.

Here is a recap of last weeks trades using the Only Pivot strategy:

01/14/08 - 01/18/08

Monday: +50 +113 = +163

Tuesday: +98 -75 +51 +51 +111 = +236

Wednesday: +52 +51 +41 +48 = +192

Thursday: -150 +163 +101 -154 +163 = +123

Friday: -150 +168 -152 +52 = -82

Total: +632pips

Note: A couple of the trades were not taken based on the Only Pivot strategy. They were based on support and resistance and price action.

TimeFreedom

Reason: