The Only Pivot - page 142

Jarro,

I got in late waiting for a retracement back to the open pivot. If you look at the chart you will notice that it did retrace back up initially but missed the open pivot by 2 pips. I concur that we should wait for the next signal if we miss the first train. This is where the word "discipline" comes into play.

TimeFreedom

jarro:
I guess the lesson learned here is don't take late (and especially really late) signals. If you miss a trade (signal), wait for the next one. Don't force a trade.

TimeFreedom look at your on time trades minus the late trades and you Rock!

Keep up the good work.

Jim

ET,

I think one way we can get in earlier into trades is by switching to a shorter timeframe like M5 once we see a signal approaching on H1. Let me know what you think.

TimeFreedom

et_phonehome_2:
I wish we could get the best of both worlds. TimeFreedom's chart above gets the SHORT signal one candle later than MIG, but the LONG signal gets in one candle earlier than MIG.

Got stopped out on the short trade -75*2 lots = -150 pips.

Note: Will not take any more trade signals right before news release.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
Got in short @ 210.35 for the third signal of the day. We have USD news coming out in approx. 30 minutes. TimeFreedom

core:
I will OP at 210.80-211.00 area.

And TP in 210.00-20 area.

Stop Loss at 211.60

Loss 60 pips.

OP 211.00 SL 211.60

Today 65+60-60= 65 pips

i don't know what to say guys, geppy going wild today.

it hit my SL, and the price turn back where i put the TP.

i still have an open buy position but for now i removed my SL. let see where it goes.

i guess i have to keep my eyes glue on the screen.

Files:
gj.jpg  129 kb

Here is a recap of today's 01-17-08 trades:

Short @ 209.77 -150

Long @ 210.97 +163

Short @ 210.54 +101 Discretionary Trade ("DT")

Short @ 210.35 -154 DT

Short @ 210.93 +163 DT

Total:+123 pips

Note: Missed Long Trade @ 211.53.

New rule for self is to only take two trades max per day and not trade close to news releases.

TimeFreedom

Hopefully we have an easier trading day today. I felt like I was chasing G/J around by the tail all day. Got in long @ 210.52.

TimeFreedom

Got in long at a better price @ 210.19.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
Another long trading day coming up I guess. Got stopped out of the short trade for -150 pips. TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
Got in long at a better price @ 210.19. TimeFreedom

Good signals TimeFreedom.

BT signals = BUY

Today 51 pips from Buy Signals

It's Friday and we should expect nothing but a choppy day. Closed out the buy for +168 pips. +18 pips for the day.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
Got in long at a better price @ 210.19. TimeFreedom
Reason: