The Only Pivot - page 218

Maybe an idea to lower SL en TP on these kinds of days, something like TP1 30 pips, TP2 60 pips and SL 45 pips. The first TP would at least have given some profit.

nohills:
Maybe an idea to lower SL en TP on these kinds of days, something like TP1 30 pips, TP2 60 pips and SL 45 pips. The first TP would at least have given some profit.

There has been occasions where there was a SHORT, but the most could've gotten was 24 PIPs before an LONG signal came along.

What you have suggested is a good idea. Maybe one can set the SL to BE+1PIP to avoid a loss as much as possible for the remaining trades. I know that it can knock us out and continue going in the right direction to profitability. The remaining trades should always be allowed to run since it should be considered as free money or one can scale out as different TP levels are hit.

The key question is how to determine these kind of days before they happen. I guess one clue of a ranging, low volatility day could be US holiday? I agree that if we can foresee a ranging day that we should reduce SL and TP in half E.g. TP_25_50_MaxSL65, once we are in profit +25 close one lot @ +25 and move second lot to BE+1, etc...

TimeFreedom

nohills:

Today was a star attraction day hehehe/. neither went up nor down...marvelous ranging market...slendide :P

TimeFreedom:
The key question is how to determine these kind of days before they happen. I guess one clue of a ranging, low volatility day could be US holiday? I agree that if we can foresee a ranging day that we should reduce SL and TP in half E.g. TP_25_50_MaxSL65, once we are in profit +25 close one lot @ +25 and move second lot to BE+1, etc... TimeFreedom

or no trading at all.

jarro:
or no trading at all.

Guys i got to tell u, use this indicator called AMA, would help u avoide such scenario.

Basically when price is below/above ama and closes there its a warning sign, when next candle goes further and red/blue dots, its a more confirmed signal.

ive attached the indi

ama.mq4

adaptive_ma.pdf

Good luck, god bless and Steven we always luv u bro!

Regards,

Tony

Files:
ama.mq4  4 kb
adaptive_ma.pdf  304 kb

tonydtrader:
Guys i got to tell u, use this indicator called AMA, would help u avoide such scenario.

Basically when price is below/above ama and closes there its a warning sign, when next candle goes further and red/blue dots, its a more confirmed signal.

ive attached the indi

ama.mq4

adaptive_ma.pdf

Good luck, god bless and Steven we always luv u bro!

Regards,

Tony

Is that the same as the ama slope except that its in a sub window

Sorry for the big image. First image post.

Nice reversal pattern

Morning star reversal pattern.

Files:

Say this...to yourself...

I'll never take revenge if the market go against me.... pray for better tomorrow(today)...

Reason: