Bliksem (Counter Trend EA) - page 7

forward testing July 02 till now

Bliksem is one of my favorite EA because of the very low drawdown. In the ranging market, I close the the trade manually to take small profit and let it ride on trend when it comes. Attached is the statement for a small $500 mini account shows the trade from July 2nd till now. It did open the first SELL position today after the the trend turn-over yesterday. The equity went up to $924 on July 24th and then turned down to $673 after the EUR$ turned over.

bliksem.htm

Files:
bliksem.htm  57 kb
bliksem.gif  5 kb

gling57:
Now this version can SELL & BUY!

I also add AutoIncremets, StopTrading after closing all open orders & remove some bugs.

One else bug... Upgrade, please.

Gling,

The 20 days average daily range used for Auto_Increments seems to be a great addition to the increment piece. Thanks !

By the way, could you explain a little bit about the StopTrading function you added?

Currently I use two EA along with Bliksem. One is to close all opening trades if the account reaches certain amount of loss, which is helpful when the trend is about to turn over. Another one is to close all opening trades when it generates certain amount of profit. This helps to take small profit during the ranging or convergence. Is there any chance that you can add the function to close all trades based on the loss and profit we set for the EA?

ajk:
looks fine. Anyone have any suggestions for tops and bottoms? As far as angles of moving averages or gann programming that could help the entry or exit point?

Attached is Turbo JRSX. Looks like it may be useful for exits when it changes direction. Zero crosses implies price direction change.

Files:

wnw

Are you thinking rsi of 6? or something like that to control some bad spike entries if above 80/20 on a market turn? It might also be interesting to incorporate somehow the Aroon horn indicator? Anyway, interesting ea to take you on a wild ride

thks gling57... i will tes this EA......

Hi Gling57

I attached your EA yesterday but even with the huge drop on the GBP/USD it did not open a SELL order? I am not a coder but if someone could get this ea to sell as well it could a sure winner

Please, read post #1

hoosain:
Hi Gling57 I attached your EA yesterday but even with the huge drop on the GBP/USD it did not open a SELL order? I am not a coder but if someone could get this ea to sell as well it could a sure winner

Look at this report.

Files:

Hi Gling57

I only use it on the GBP/USD and there it only did buys

Files:
statement_2.htm  63 kb

Thank you

saintmo:
I too have other EA results intermingled with Bliksem but let me summarize my situation. I attached the EA to GBP/USD on June 29. It has only opened buy orders during the entire time frame (up trend).

The demo account started with $8,000. By July 3 I was up +$4,000. Then I was down a couple of hundred, up $1200, down a thousand until July 11/12 when it closed up another +$12,000. At one point during this time I was up, equity wise to around $33,000 (from $8,000). I didn't close anything manually because I wanted to see what the EA did. The trades during this sequence closed out so that my balance and equity were at $29,000. Another $1,500 up on July 12. Then July 12 through July 17 down $2,700. Then on July 18 about $7,000 was lost in closed trades.

The point of all this is that 1.) this EA has worked very well during this trend (I have been hoping for a plateau and reverse to see how it reacts) and 2.) this EA, as is, is incredibly powerful--both positive and negative. I started with lots of .1. I would definitely start with less if I ever decided to go live.

Kudos to the developer of this EA for the interesting approach and for sharing.

Hi Saintmo

Thanks and you are welcome. My apologies to everyone for not replying to this thread sooner, but I have been tied up with some personal matters, but we are back to normal now.

One thing that is glaringly obvious, and has been picked up by a bunch of people, is the exit strategy.

I have worked for over a year now to try and get the entry strategy to a point where it can be left to run 100% automatically no matter what the trend is doing. I think I have accomplished this fairly well, it is now time to pay some attention to the exit strategy and for this we need a decent coder, so any and all suggestions welcome.

(If there is a coder on board, thanks you, please do NOT be cross with me for not noticing yet, I am only at page 5 of the posts and still catching up)

Regards

Wayne

nubika:
Well, this evening (Sydney time) Bliksem capitulated to the 100 pip drop of the EUR/USD.

Lost 75% of the equity. The last few orders are way too big. The last 2 trades lost $2000 alone.

Back to the drawing board.

Did not open any counter trades. I put on the board USD/CHF as that has a downward trend, but no trade at all. I wanted to see whether the EA opens any sell orders. Nothing so far.

In the last 12 month I have tested at least 50 different EAs. I have 12 EAs running constantly all the time on my Notebook. None of them are safe and making constant profits so far. Sooner or later they all blow the account.

We might have to concede defeat with the EAs. There is no EA which you can just set and forget. At least it is not invented just yet.

Lets keep working on it.

nubika

Hi Nubika

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you, this entry strategy, I think anyway, is as near as perfect to any counter trend entry system that I know, in fact I do not know a better one.

There is always going to be the reversal that kills counter trend strategies, and the only reason that they do get killed is generally because people are greedy and do not cut their losses.

Now you seem to have been having a lot of fun with the EA and some good success so I'd really like your opinion on the following two idea, which are on my T0-Do list and I may as well bring them to the table now.

1) Take profit based on equity gain.

By this I mean that there are many times when the EA roars into a siutation where equity is way above balance and then it falters and looses a huge amount of the equity and the balance is therefore compromised.

I would like to see an addition to the EA whereby the minut the equity exceedes the balance by 5%, 15% or 30%, whatever suits the end user, that the EA then does a split and closes that profit.

2) Close alternate Trades with a TP.

The other suggestion that I have been given is to close every second trade as soon they are proffitable by X amount, and let the others run, but reduce the Trailing Stop value for the bigger trades so that they do not loose everything they gain on a reversal.

Suggestions and any other options would be most welcome.

But please, if anyone is coding this, DONT, PLEASE, DO NOT mess with the entry strategy, it works and until you have tested another entry for about a year and can prove to me that it is better, leave this one as it is, thanks.

Reason: