Bliksem (Counter Trend EA) - page 5

Impressive Results

Nubika,

Your results are quite impressive. Would you mind sharing your settings?

Regards,

Chrisstoff

nubika:
Here is my statement. Running live Demo since the beginning of the month. Perfect result.

I manually close all open orders and pending orders, when there is at least $50 profit in equity.

nubika

I have been also forward testing - but together with another EA so I cannot send a statement. But so far looks quite promising, huge floating profits and actual profits about half of the max float.

Only one feature concerns me: the EA have opened only buy orders, not a single sell order. Of course this may be because of the uptrends of the market, but still...

Any comments?

Hi Gentz, I have been using the EA since 09 July and it has only opened buy orders as well. I think it only trades with the trend and as the trend has been upwards for a while now that is probably why it only opens buys. I am sure that when the market moves into a downward trend it will open sells. I have been using on the GBP/USD where it opened buys and then tried on the USD/JPY and there it opened sells. Hope this helps

chrisstoff:
Nubika,

Your results are quite impressive. Would you mind sharing your settings?

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Chrisstoff

When I first set the EA up, I used the settings from the first post, but the EA never opened any trades, so I decided to go back to the default 55,13,13,13 settings.

Everything is at default.

Yes it only opens buy orders at the moment. I use EUR/USD and GBP/USD

I only added GBP/USD in the last 1 week.

Just to see more action. So far it is very safe and never had to be concerned of margins. But you need to close it manually when it is in profit.

I just made another $100 today. I always start with $3000 mini demo accounts, since that is what I have as a live account with IBFX. (400 : 1)

If it keeps up for the next 1 - 2 weeks, I will start it on live account.

So far the best performing EA.

nubika

Nubika,

Thank you for the information.

BTW, if reaching USD 50 profit on the whole account is your only closing criteria then you can use a closing EA for that task. A closing EA continuously follows your balance and equity with attention. Closing EA should be attached to a chart different from your trading charts. If you are interested you can find such an EA with description here and there are other similar EAs in this forum as well.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

nubika:
Chrisstoff

When I first set the EA up, I used the settings from the first post, but the EA never opened any trades, so I decided to go back to the default 55,13,13,13 settings.

Everything is at default.

Yes it only opens buy orders at the moment. I use EUR/USD and GBP/USD

I only added GBP/USD in the last 1 week.

Just to see more action. So far it is very safe and never had to be concerned of margins. But you need to close it manually when it is in profit.

I just made another $100 today. I always start with $3000 mini demo accounts, since that is what I have as a live account with IBFX. (400 : 1)

If it keeps up for the next 1 - 2 weeks, I will start it on live account.

So far the best performing EA.

nubika

I'm still waiting downtrend

Hi, everybody!

Here is my result on this moment. Now uptrend help us, but we need to wait downtrend for understanding how it works. I'm waiting for SellLimit orders. I've manually closed all open orders and pending orders two times. You can see where.

gling57.

Files:
blicksem3.htm  62 kb
blicksem3.gif  5 kb

I too have other EA results intermingled with Bliksem but let me summarize my situation. I attached the EA to GBP/USD on June 29. It has only opened buy orders during the entire time frame (up trend).

The demo account started with $8,000. By July 3 I was up +$4,000. Then I was down a couple of hundred, up $1200, down a thousand until July 11/12 when it closed up another +$12,000. At one point during this time I was up, equity wise to around $33,000 (from $8,000). I didn't close anything manually because I wanted to see what the EA did. The trades during this sequence closed out so that my balance and equity were at $29,000. Another $1,500 up on July 12. Then July 12 through July 17 down $2,700. Then on July 18 about $7,000 was lost in closed trades.

The point of all this is that 1.) this EA has worked very well during this trend (I have been hoping for a plateau and reverse to see how it reacts) and 2.) this EA, as is, is incredibly powerful--both positive and negative. I started with lots of .1. I would definitely start with less if I ever decided to go live.

Kudos to the developer of this EA for the interesting approach and for sharing.

update

The gbp and $ are at very extended highs so you would have to use at your own risk as things appear to be ready to turn and start chopping. Terminator 4 on the elite section works something like this. That does about 25 a month. Also, you are right it doesn't open a lot of shorts.

After about three weeks and three demo accounts I have had only one loss set of trades, with GBPUSD when starting testing.

Has anyone tested the EA with different trailing stop values or trailing stop procedures? This may be the loss generating weakness of the standard setup in sudden trend changes.

Last nights results with GBPUSD and EURUSD:

- fixed trailing stop: full 50 p's loss at the highest order level

- non-fixed trailing stop: loss at about half of the loss with fixed trailing stop

- manual closing: nice profit

Reason: