Bliksem (Counter Trend EA) - page 6

Well, this evening (Sydney time) Bliksem capitulated to the 100 pip drop of the EUR/USD.

Lost 75% of the equity. The last few orders are way too big. The last 2 trades lost $2000 alone.

Back to the drawing board.

Did not open any counter trades. I put on the board USD/CHF as that has a downward trend, but no trade at all. I wanted to see whether the EA opens any sell orders. Nothing so far.

In the last 12 month I have tested at least 50 different EAs. I have 12 EAs running constantly all the time on my Notebook. None of them are safe and making constant profits so far. Sooner or later they all blow the account.

We might have to concede defeat with the EAs. There is no EA which you can just set and forget. At least it is not invented just yet.

Lets keep working on it.

nubika

any good settings for this day situation??? when EUR/USD, gbp/usd is downward trend....

and KaMpeR... this EA just buy orders???? couse i never seen sell order...

thks

Hi,

Im planning to start forward test of the bilksem3.0 and require some assistance.

1) What are the optimal settings for this EA right now ? Default ?

2) Which currncy pairs do you recommend me to attach this EA to ?

3) Which timeframe would be recommended ?

Thanks in advance.

Happy Pipping

I just started demoing this yesterday with the default settings and, of course, got creamed overnight.

I'm not giving up on this one yet. I'm going to widen the gap between trades maybe to 20 pips, with a 20 pip SL and TP and limit the maxtrades to 3 or 4. We'll see.

Sell position??

Well, as expected, my EURUSD hit the 9th grade all the way down today. I am not surprised about the loss. I wonder if Bliksem can trade short. I tested it on EURGBP since yesterday. The condition met for short trade but it has not placed any short trade yet. Does anyone has Bliksem traded short for any currency pair?

Tweaked version

Please find attached version which allows user defined inputs.

The only addition is "No_TS_Stop_Loss". This is the SL setting you choose if you don't use a trailing stop.

I'm an inexperienced coder, it would be appreciated if someone would double check this.

Files:

xcooper,

Plot the MAs on the charts and look at the 4H.

No short trades should have occured since about Jun 15.

looks fine. Anyone have any suggestions for tops and bottoms?

As far as angles of moving averages or gann programming that could help the entry or exit point?

I put this on a demo all week it hasn't opened any trades?Any suggestions?

gling57:
Now this version can SELL & BUY!

I also add AutoIncremets, StopTrading after closing all open orders & remove some bugs.

One else bug... Upgrade, please.

Thank you Gling. I will try this one.

Reason: