Bliksem (Counter Trend EA) - page 8

KuPretMan:
any good settings for this day situation??? when EUR/USD, gbp/usd is downward trend....

and KaMpeR... this EA just buy orders???? couse i never seen sell order...

thks

Guys, let me explain what is happening here with the order situation.

I am a manual trader, and by choice I trade H4 and D1 setups mostly. I do not mind only getting 1 trade a week because I know it's going to give me 500 pips or more, so I wait and I watch for a good setup to enter the market.

This EA has been built by myself with the same patience when it looks for entries, they are few and far between. These last 3 or 4 weeks have been exceptional for this EA because the trend has been good and pretty steady.

I want you to now look at what the EA is doing now that the trend has gone against us, check your statements, you've lost money, or have you?

Point is the EA looks for a really strong trend before it starts to trade so if it's trading long, then it is going to be a damned long time before it takes any short trades and the trend is going to have to change direction gairly radically for this to happen.

You will find that many people will give up with this EA because it does not trade enough, well that is just plain stupidm believe me, this EA trades plenty and it will often not trade for a month at a time if the market is choppy.

Now I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather finish the month with the same money I started with than loose money purely because I went looking for trades that did not exist.

So please guys, be patient, this EA will take shorts, but only when it thinks the market is right to do so.

Thanks

Wayne

WNW:
Please find attached version which allows user defined inputs.

The only addition is "No_TS_Stop_Loss". This is the SL setting you choose if you don't use a trailing stop.

I'm an inexperienced coder, it would be appreciated if someone would double check this.

Hi WNW

Thanks very much for the mods, I'll play with it a little and let you know what I think.

I would however prefer something along the lines of the post I made a little earlier? Do you know of any coder that may like to give us a hand here if you cannot manage this?

Thanks

Wayne

gling57:
Now this version can SELL & BUY!

I also add AutoIncremets, StopTrading after closing all open orders & remove some bugs.

One else bug... Upgrade, please.

And one else bug. Fixed TrailingStop for first SELL order.

Upgrade, please.

Hi Gling

Thank you very much for the modifications I will test and let you know what I think?

I need a few days though, still trying to catch up. :-)

Regards

Wayne

xcooper:
Bliksem is one of my favorite EA because of the very low drawdown. In the ranging market, I close the the trade manually to take small profit and let it ride on trend when it comes. Attached is the statement for a small $500 mini account shows the trade from July 2nd till now. It did open the first SELL position today after the the trend turn-over yesterday. The equity went up to $924 on July 24th and then turned down to $673 after the EUR$ turned over.

Hi Xcooper

Thank you for your patience and for testing without loosing patience, as you have just seen and pointed out, there is nothing wrong with the EA, it has been designed to take trades only when it has an 85% chance or more of completing the trade succesfully. So it will happily trade in both directions, but only when the trend allows.

If people now start getting impatient and then force the EA to trade more often, then I have wasted my time bringing this EA to this forum as it will end up like most of the other counter trend systems, in the garbage.

The problems left to resolve are as you have correctly pointed out are, banking the equity before it reverses on you and applying some kind of exit to profitable trades at the first signs of a reversal so that profits are not lost.

Thank you most sincerely for your diligence and patience.

Wayne

hoosain:
Hi Gling57 I attached your EA yesterday but even with the huge drop on the GBP/USD it did not open a SELL order? I am not a coder but if someone could get this ea to sell as well it could a sure winner

Hi Hoosain

It will sell when it is ready and the trend is right, do not rush it, please.

Thanks

Wayne

Hi Kamper

Point taken and many thanks to you for taking the time to respond to the various questions. I have a much better understanding now of how bliksem works. Thanks once again

hoosain:
Hi Gling57 I only use it on the GBP/USD and there it only did buys

See post#63. You use old version.

tururo:
How may I be of assistance?

KaMpeR,

If you haven't found a coder yet tururo offered assistance earlier in this thread. At that time you wanted to wait and identify the best alternatives and suggestions for improvement.

Hopefully he is still available to help.

saintmo

KaMpeR:
Hi Xcooper

Thank you for your patience and for testing without loosing patience, as you have just seen and pointed out, there is nothing wrong with the EA, it has been designed to take trades only when it has an 85% chance or more of completing the trade succesfully. So it will happily trade in both directions, but only when the trend allows.

If people now start getting impatient and then force the EA to trade more often, then I have wasted my time bringing this EA to this forum as it will end up like most of the other counter trend systems, in the garbage.

The problems left to resolve are as you have correctly pointed out are, banking the equity before it reverses on you and applying some kind of exit to profitable trades at the first signs of a reversal so that profits are not lost.

Thank you most sincerely for your diligence and patience.

Wayne

Wayne,

Thank you for sharing such a nice EA. I tested this EA for about a month and it has been doing great. I am a manual trader, using 4X Made Easy and a strategy called "Big Light". As the first time I saw this EA, it lighten me up that the concept is quite close to the way I trade manually. This EA proves itself to be one of the best. As this morning on EUR$, I took the profit before I went to work because the indicators said the EUR$ is not going any deeper for the day. My equity grows nearly double in one night. I am not saying it exaggeratedly. For a good EA with capability to secure profit and avoid choppy market, trading one currency pair is good enough to make for living. If Dan's Steinitz HAS EA can sell for 50 bucks. Bliksem is worth a lot more as long as it improves to secure profit and stay away from the choppy movement. Well, I can tell because I am testing the HAS EA too. Attached is a statement for July.

bliksem_1.htm

Files:
bliksem_1.gif  5 kb
bliksem_1.htm  61 kb

KaMpeR:
Hi WNW

Thanks very much for the mods, I'll play with it a little and let you know what I think.

I would however prefer something along the lines of the post I made a little earlier? Do you know of any coder that may like to give us a hand here if you cannot manage this?

Thanks

Wayne

You're welcome. Sorry I can't offer anything more substantive, my coding skills are very limited.

I have had very little success on this forum getting help for any coding.

I've occasionally received help from Igorad and MrPip, but I think they're usually busy with a number of different projects.

This strategy obviously has a lot of thought and work behind it which certainly gives it more credibility with prospective coders. You may want to directly contact the above to garner some feedback.

In the meantime I'll continue testing.

Reason: