Bliksem (Counter Trend EA) - page 14

Is anybody trading this now?...and what is your set file?...is there ongoing work with this concept in another thread?

ES

traded it live for awhile with modifications and other indicators - but too many glitches (touchiest ea I have ever seen) and I just said phoeey to this martingale stuff. On the orginal it blows out on 1 bad turn. A 1 hour spike against a 4 hour trend isnt enough. However, I like the ability to manage individual orders .. Like most martingale eas', it is great in a trending market and you can really roll your cash. Maybe wolfe could do something with this ea and roll out the martingale in both the positive and negative direction.

Changes to Bliksem EA

I changed the EA to open 4 trades in the basket and when the Equity - Balance > $50 I close all the trades.

Seeing as how there is some renewed interest, maybe we could reopen this little can of worms and see where it takes us?

Hey ES, long time no see, how the hell are you?

Cheers

Wayne

WNW:
As I was looking at the EMAs on all the charts, it occured to me that maybe another rule could be employed for added accuracy. Price must also be in agreement with the EMAs. In other words, if the 13 is above the 55's (buying), price should also be above the 13, and vice-versa. This may prevent taking a trade during a correction or directional change.

This idea, I like very much. Hey, where did all the coders go?

barnardgj:
I changed the EA to open 4 trades in the basket and when the Equity - Balance > $50 I close all the trades.

Ek het aan jou privaat boodskap geantwoord. Baie dankie dat u vir my n boodskap gestuur het, anders so ek hierdie gemis het?

Cheers

Wayne

ahh..I am still stumbling in the dark...mostly talking to myself

ES

KaMpeR:
Seeing as how there is some renewed interest, maybe we could reopen this little can of worms and see where it takes us?

Hey ES, long time no see, how the hell are you?

Cheers

Wayne

KaMpeR:
This idea, I like very much. Hey, where did all the coders go?

I think all the coders are avoiding martingale like a deadly plague. Those coders are a smart bunch, I tell ya.

jbfx:
I think all the coders are avoiding martingale like a deadly plague. Those coders are a smart bunch, I tell ya.

Well if they are avoiding this one, then they are not as smart as they think they are but rather blinkered, I'd say.

Just my 5c.

Wayne

Reason: