Terminator Version 4 - page 12

parez:
Hi Project 1972,

I started T4.11 on IBFX Mini 20k on July 31 on 12 pairs with default settings, but since than nothing happen - all installed charts say "OrderType= Waiting Signal".

I trade 3 pairs (USDJPY, USDCHF and GPBUSD) manually with very small amounts, no T4.11 installed on this charts.

Is it OK, that the EA wait or is there a problem with my separate manual trading?

Paul

The EA is not trading because it can't found strong trends on any pair in the direction of carry trades, In our demos the EA is fighting hard to get rid of loss trades opened before the carry trades drop.

We are on not favorable market condition for trade positive swap, and the EA detect those conditions with his indicators.

Trading update

Fellow Traders,

i am not unhappy that 2 things happen at present:

-DD is getting back into a normal level(live account <1% of equity)

-No new trades getting opened

Sometimes it is better not to be in the market, than expose your money to the next possible correction in the carry trades, right after wave 1 is finished.

If we have seen a so called A-B-C move, than we are in a fading B upmove at present.C move could bring us way down further.

So i am dilligently waiting for the EA to keep running smart, as the last few weeks.

Project 1972, i think, that your T.4.11 has a lot of earnings potential, if applied correctly.

My suggestion, to keep cash in reserve has played out very well, with only a few AUD trades still open.

All others closed.

Janus

developing new ea

project1972:
If "excessive floating loss" is on the account protection is also active, the EA will close the trades very fast, as sooner they reach a very minimal profit, it mean that the reward/risk relation is very low in this condition but the EA try to get out of those big orders as fast as it can.

Anyway my accounts didn't blow-up but it was in edge of a major loss, a drop of 100 pips more would have trigger the stops and a 50% of account loss.

That's the problem of martingale EAs, the drawdown is exponential and not linear, you need 500 pips drop to reach 10% drawdown but at 600 pips you are at 50% drawdown and at 620 you are at margin call. (this is only an example, drawdown depend of the amount of pairs and others factors)

That's the reason I stopped the developing of martingale EAs, not matter how many protections you add, the system is flawed from the start if you can't get rid of a incremental lot size and the exponential drawdown.

The Reward don't worth the Risk on those conditions.

I am coding a new version without any martingale but still a trend follower with some cost averaging scheme, and several new ideas, so far backtester results look very promising and with a way better relation risk/reward.

hi, project1972

i am agree with you about martingale-problem, i am happy that you're design

new ea without martingale-logic ? can you post it ? i'd like to test it.

thanks in advance

giapel

giapel:
hi, project1972

i am agree with you about martingale-problem, i am happy that you're design

new ea without martingale-logic ? can you post it ? i'd like to test it.

thanks in advance

giapel

I don't have anything ready yet, I am still backtesting a new version without any martingale logic. Its unfinished yet.

T4.11 trade negative swap, although TradePositiveSwapOnly is true

Hello Project1972,

I've started TSD 4.11 on Aug. 14 on a clean account with default settings, i.e. TradePositiveSwapOnly = true.

But it opened several GPBUSD sell positions!

On the chart is: "We trade it: only Long Signals" but "Order type: Short" (see attached screen copy). Is it possibly a bug?

Thank you for your work, regards,

Paul

Files:
screen01a.gif  114 kb

parez:
Hello Project1972,

I've started TSD 4.11 on Aug. 14 on a clean account with default settings, i.e. TradePositiveSwapOnly = true.

But it opened several GPBUSD sell positions!

On the chart is: "We trade it: only Long Signals" but "Order type: Short" (see attached screen copy). Is it possibly a bug?

Thank you for your work, regards,

Paul

Not, its not a bug, is a broker swap change, IBFX just changed the swap rate and now GBPUSD is positive in the long side, days ago it was positive in the short side, it happened after TER 4.11 started opening the short positions, Anyway In my demo all short positions closed yesterday.

I see that you are using it on Diary Charts, be careful, the exit confirmation can not trigger and you will miss some exits.

Files:
ter4.11.gif  26 kb

Missing exit on GPBUSD

Thank you, Project1972, I forgot, that the H1 chart is default and above can miss an exit... and it is happen on Aug. 28, now I'm in DD.

Paul

new EA

hi, project1972

are you developing new EA, do you want to start forward-test it ?

thanks in advance

giapel

Terminator V2.02

I purchased Terminator V.2.02 from a vendor on the internet. So far it has held up very well on my demo account trading small lots. But I am a little confused here as to what is the most current Terminator version and where my EA fits into the evolutionary process and exactly who, if anyone, has the exclusive right to SELL this EA. Looks like you can get it free on this forum, no?

sleektrader:
I purchased Terminator V.2.02 from a vendor on the internet. So far it has held up very well on my demo account trading small lots. But I am a little confused here as to what is the most current Terminator version and where my EA fits into the evolutionary process and exactly who, if anyone, has the exclusive right to SELL this EA. Looks like you can get it free on this forum, no?

- Terminator version 1 was created by Tom Maneval for this elite section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

- Version #2 was created by him as well https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174859 here.

- version 2.03 with GenerateMagicNumber function: improved by wyrsav here in elite section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174859/page34

- Terminator v2.03_absolutefilter2: improved by me here in elite section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174859/page36 and this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174859/page36

- version 4 was created by project1972 for elite section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177320

sleektrader, I am very sorry.

Terminator EA all the versions were developed inside our forum.

Reason: