Terminator Version 4 - page 6

Hi Project, where can I find that nice indicator "drawdown analyser" ? It seems really useful for all martingale type experts... thx in advance

Hi,

I would lkie to test this system. Could somebody tell me what are all the parameters used for?

I would like also to better understand martingale systems. Do you know where I could find some documentation?

Cheers,

Daniel

I like the way you work, and the secured swinging martingale you made. I will give it a forward testing and post here my statements if you don't mind.

Thanks.

ps: i don't know why i don't find antimartingale EA, based on adding new lots on winning position when new signals appears.

ze0202:
Hi Project, where can I find that nice indicator "drawdown analyser" ? It seems really useful for all martingale type experts... thx in advance

drawdown analyser is an stats indicator and EA I am developing, I will post here when ready. Still it have some bugs to debugging

I like the way you work, and the secured swinging martingale you made. I will give it a forward testing and post here my statements if you don't mind.

Thanks.

ps: i don't know why i don't find antimartingale EA, based on adding new lots on winning position when new signals appears.

You will not find it, simply because they don't work on 99% of market conditions, you can invert any martingale to do it.

The best approach is using a grid to follow the trend and close all the positions after it reach a predefined profit, but you need to operate it in a manual way.

The only system I know who work well with this scheme of adding to a winning position is the Turtle System, but it is a very long term system and I don't know of any EA write correctly to follow this system.

Indicators needed?

Hello Project1972,

Excellent piece of work you have done!

But how about the indicators listed in the programm code? You haven't mentioned that they are needed although they are used in the code.

They are needed, aren't they?

Regards

Gentz

Gentz:
Hello Project1972,

But how about the indicators listed in the programm code? You haven't mentioned that they are needed although they are used in the code.

Regards

Gentz

Hello gentz,

everything needed is listed in thee comments of the EA

Gentz:
Hello Project1972,

Regards

Gentz

Those Indicators were tested but now, they are not used at all, the default settings (It give the best results) only use MA's, Stochastic and a Ichimoku indicator, all, are default on every MT installation. no need to install any additional indicator.

To project 1976,

thank you for your advices and for this EA, i have many questions about different parameters, even if the default set up is the optimised one (it's important to understand how the thing works and i'am not very comfortable with ea's):

1: Manual: 0/1 does it mean that if you turn off your pc and come back one week later, the EA will manage the open orders with its magic number? (is this usual for all the EAs?)

2:Soft account protection: i don't catch the difference betwwen Margin Protection and Margin Protection 2. Secondly are the preset values of 99 and 80 the left margin (in percent) or the below limit of the trigger.

3:StopLoss:0 ;does it mean we have no sl till the breakeven is triggered ??

4: Account protection (below maxtrades) do not see the difference with "force account protection" example: if force AP is on, and AP is on how this is manged. May be it is an account protection concerning only the trades number not the equity?

5: magic number: is it specified by single chart, or for all the opened orders what ever the chart?

6: Use Enter confirmation: does it mean we will wait for a signal to average the loss positions, what ever the amount of loss is (martingale progression)?.

7: Dynamic Range Calc: how it works??

8: Safe range factor: Do we trade in this limits?? Is this value used by the DynRangeCalc?

Take ProfitMT:6; you say the value has to be between 1 and 2. Honestly i don't understand clearly the TPMT and the SecurProfitMT, and if there is any correlation with the Sl, the BE, and the trailed SL. If there is any.

I forward test your EA on 13 pairs (majors and crosses) but for now i have just 2 orders opened (euraud; audusd), using ichimoku.

Definitely i like this approach of martingale and thank you for that.

I forgot: wich signal do you use with ichomoku??

Flytox:
To project 1976,

thank you for your advices and for this EA, i have many questions about different parameters, even if the default set up is the optimised one (it's important to understand how the thing works and i'am not very comfortable with ea's):

1: Manual: 0/1 does it mean that if you turn off your pc and come back one week later, the EA will manage the open orders with its magic number? (is this usual for all the EAs?)

If set to 1 the EA will manage the open orders and continue the progression if needed but WILL NOT OPEN TRADES after the orders closed or if there are not orders open on some pair the EA will not open trades if a signal arrive.

Its a soft exit, as you may know some orders can be open for weeks or even months, if you want to stop the EA at some moment without loss money use this function with days, weeks or months of anticipation.

2:Soft account protection: i don't catch the difference betwwen Margin Protection and Margin Protection 2. Secondly are the preset values of 99 and 80 the left margin (in percent) or the below limit of the trigger.

MarginProtection 1 will prevent the EA to open more orders on free pairs, MarginProtection 2 will accelerate the closure of the orders if that level of margin is reached (Lower Profit)

3:StopLoss:0 ;does it mean we have no sl till the breakeven is triggered ??

Not Sl, the SL will be an equity stop, the trailing stop only work if there is only one order open.

4: Account protection (below maxtrades) do not see the difference with "force account protection" example: if force AP is on, and AP is on how this is manged. May be it is an account protection concerning only the trades number not the equity?

it enable the MarginProtection 2

5: magic number: is it specified by single chart, or for all the opened orders what ever the chart?

magic number is for all the orders on all chats there is not need to change it.

6: Use Enter confirmation: does it mean we will wait for a signal to average the loss positions, what ever the amount of loss is (martingale progression)?.

This a very important function it add a lot of stability to the EA, The martingale progression is not a fixed pipstep, The EA use a Stochastic signal to locate a probably turning point.

Imagine this: the EA buy 0.1 lot GBPJPY and this pair suddenly breakdown 400 pips on a fast movement, the EA WILL NOT FOLLOW the progression and enter trades in that condition UNTIL that pair make an stop on his movement.

(Probably turning point) This function is useless if the movement is a slow one or with many failed turning points, but work VERY well on the fast ones

The same for the EXIT confirmation, The EA will not take profit or close orders at profit if there is a Fast movement at our favor.

7: Dynamic Range Calc: how it works??

It look the ONE day worst movement in the last 2 years

8: Safe range factor: Do we trade in this limits?? Is this value used by the DynRangeCalc?

The trading range is = One day Worst Movement * Safe range factor

Take ProfitMT:6; you say the value has to be between 1 and 2. Honestly i don't understand clearly the TPMT and the SecurProfitMT, and if there is any correlation with the Sl, the BE, and the trailed SL. If there is any.

I forward test your EA on 13 pairs (majors and crosses) but for now i have just 2 orders opened (euraud; audusd), using ichimoku.

Definitely i like this approach of martingale and thank you for that.

I forgot: wich signal do you use with ichomoku??

I don't remember the logic about SecurProfitMT or the signals of the Ichimoku, I wrote this EA the last year and I didn't look at the code from many months ago, but more or less this is the logic behind it.

Thank you for all those answers. The EA has now opened 8 trades (13pairs) and closed 2 with 80 pips winning. I continue the test. I switched 4 pairs to firebird signal with 0.2 percent enveloppe. Let's see.

Reason: