Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 41

Thanks.

I am testing with PercentEquityTrailing = 2 (default one) and PercentEquityTrailing = 1 (same as with Electra EA new settings).

By the way I edited your post to upload image to the forum and image is small so sorry.

Hello Guys,

on Sunday I have launched this EA on my VPS and below is the list of closed orders so far (micro lots!):

broker: Alpari UK Demo,

PercentEquityTrailing = 2

Files:
5bbpk1.jpg  17 kb

Updated visual statement.

Alpha with settings: PercentEquityTrailing = 2:

Alpha with settings: PercentEquityTrailing = 1:

After the news right now.

Alpha with settings: PercentEquityTrailing = 2:

Balance: 10,300

Equity: 10,407

Alpha with settings: PercentEquityTrailing = 1:

Balance: 10,452

Equity: 10,458

No trades on live account

First off...a BIG thank you to Project1972 for releasing this E.A to the forum. It is much appreciated! Thank you!

i have a question. I loaded the E.A on several mini accounts both live and demo and the E.A opened several trades on the demo but none on the live account.

The live and demo mini accounts are with IBFX.

Any thoughts on why this would happen?

There are no errors in the journal.

To understand why I am testing Alpha with settings: PercentEquityTrailing = 1 as well so you can see the performance for PercentEquityTrailing = 2 settings.

----------------------

PercentEquityTrailing = 2 settings:

Alpha9v1.19.

IBFX broker.

H1 timeframe.

19 pairs.

Since since 30th of December 2007.

Lot size is 0.01 and 0.02 -

increasing by MM slowly (not martingale).

Max Floating DD is -1586.98 dollars

(for all 19 pirs all together).

Max Floating DD: 14.38%.

Annual ROI: 93%.

Starting deposit size 10,000.

by 1st of February 2008 equity 10,362.

by 1st of March 2008 equity 10,343.

by 31st of March 2008 equity 12,164.

by 01st of April 2008 equity 9,670.

by 21st of May 2008 equity 10,407.

------------------------

PercentEquityTrailing = 1 settings.

Alpha with PercentEquityTrailing = 1 is testing less than 1 month (since 11th of May this year); starting deposit is 10,000; Alpari UK broker; equity now is 10,462.

This new settings (PercentEquityTrailing = 1) came from this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178196 during the discussion in the end of the thread.

Hi Newdigital,

Thanks for responding. the deposit size is $3200 on the live mini account, and $13,000 on the mini demo acount. could that be the difference even though the recommended minimum is $1000 for an IBFX mini?

newdigital:
EA is not trading often.

May be something with settings or deposit size?

It is my settings which i am using/testing right now for 10,000 initial deposit size.

Alpha with settings:

- PercentEquityTrailing = 2 (tested from long time ago)

and

- Alpha with settings: PercentEquityTrailing = 1 (tested

during the few weeks with good results).

Settings/pairs (as the images) are attached.

Besides EA is using 2 indicators (this post).

And it is MTF EA. It means that you should have data from many timeframes even if you are trading on H1. If you installed Metatrader so it is empty by data: you will see just H1 only, or you should wait few days untill the data will be loaded by itself.

To spead this process up (with data) you may load it. It is 2 minutes and it is very easy: go to this page https://www.mql5.com/en/forum and you will find some very small video about how:

- to check Metatrader's settings and settings for autotrading;

- to download data of your broker to your Metatrader;

- to refresh the chart to synchronize the data from history center with the data on your chart.

It is really very easy and it is something about preparation of "fresh" Metatrader for autotrading by EA. Especially for such MTF EA as Alpha.

Some more is on this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176023/page2

Realbabyfx1:
Hi Newdigital, Thanks for responding. the deposit size is $3200 on the live mini account, and $13,000 on the mini demo acount. could that be the difference even though the recommended minimum is $1000 for an IBFX mini?

I do not know ...

19 pairs is not a joke ... it is something related to drawdown (DD).

You can see so called 'visual statements' (images which i am posting regularly). It is Account Equity Analyzer indicator from here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173442/page2 and you can see DD:

Max Floating DD is -1853 dollars (for all 19 pirs all together) for PercentEquityTrailing = 2 settings (for 10,000 deposit trading 0.01 or 0.02 lot size mainly):

It is for Alpha with PercentEquityTrailing = 2 forward testing since December 2007 (about 5 months).

If DD is more than 1,500 for 19 pairs so deposit should be more than 2,000 or 3,000 exactly. I am not sure about 5,000 but I think it is better to use 10,000.

Files:

Alpha with PercentEquityTrailing = 1 is testing for 10 days only and because we did not have DD case yet:

So, I am testing just to see about "what is bad here" to understand minimum deposit size and DD.

Files:
Reason: