PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 59

Which is the latest best working EA? Which version has an option for MaxLoss in dollar amount? I think the problem with to much negative float with the EA is I don't think it has an option to set that if a trade gets to a MaxLoss amount of $3 close the trade.

Thanks

ones:
Hy all, i'm an italian trader

i think that the problem of pipmaker ( a good version is V9-1) is the work in one direction: it's ok if work only long or only short; if it work long/short it's not so better.

The problem is to insert into it a trend indicator that give it the basically trend: what do you think?

So, if we have into system a trend indicator, the PipMaker could work in that direction!!!

So when this trend indicator (based on time frame daily) go long, our pipmaker work only with buy trades and viceversa.

What do you think?

Kind rgds

Ones

www.consultingtrading.it - home page

ones,

We've covered that before. The problem is all trend indicators lag... thus you will always have out-lier trades in the wrong direction that will always be losers. Now, price has to chop enough to cover those out-liers. I have not found a hands-off completely profitable EA configuration of this type.

Carl

How to close the out-liers

crodzilla:
ones,

We've covered that before. The problem is all trend indicators lag... thus you will always have out-lier trades in the wrong direction that will always be losers. Now, price has to chop enough to cover those out-liers. I have not found a hands-off completely profitable EA configuration of this type.

Carl

Would it work to examine each currency pair traded each day at the end of the trading day and to manually close out all of the trades of the currency with out-lier trades and then restart the ea on that currency?

For example, I demo traded 3 currency pairs for 3 days and have about $200 net profit for all three pairs. The only pair with an out-lier trade is the usd/jpy for about -$13. So, I could close out all the usd/jpy open trades for only about a $12 net loss, but still have a substantial overall gain for 3 days. After all, I ran the EA (using the PipmakerV5aNeo_Enhance_V2_mod4) through the FOMC and all other news for 3 days and only had one out lying trade for -$13!

Any thoughts on the workability of this strategy would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yeah...

stech,

Yes, I've been trying to get my EA to close all trades when a daily profit target has been met... but, I can't get all of them to close (in backtest). I don't know if its a bug in the backtester, or what.

I've heard several stories of short term gains. But, long term? The jury is still out. I have been working on this EA for over 8 months and have not found a good long term solution.

Carl

The EA worked itself out of a jam

Well the EA worked itself out of the outlying trades so I didn't have to close out anything manually. Just for information's sake I've attached my statement and settings I used (IBFX demo acct).

I changed one thing in the EA's code. I changed the Sniper CCI period to M30 and ran everything on the 30 minute chart. Everything seems to be working ok.

Here are the settings I used:

TradeShort=1

TradeLong=1

UseDPO=1

UseSniper=1

LotSize=0.1

LotIncrement=0.1

Multiplier=0

ProfitTarget=5

OpenOnTick=1

Spacing=8

TrendSpacing=1000

CounterTrendMultiplier=1

CloseDelay=0

CeaseTrading=0

PasueTrading=Pause Trading at Timeinterval

StartTime=0

EndTime=0

QuitTrading=Quit Trading at Time

endDayHourMinute=0

RightSideLabel=1

SessionTarget=25

MaximumBuyOrders=10

MaximumSellOrders=10

SLTotalinDollar 250

I've been using the EA's indicators in the hopes of filtering out bad trades. I know in backtesting they don't seem to help but we'll see what forward testing brings.

Files:

stech137:
Well the EA worked itself out of the outlying trades so I didn't have to close out anything manually. Just for information's sake I've attached my statement and settings I used (IBFX demo acct).

I changed one thing in the EA's code. I changed the Sniper CCI period to M30 and ran everything on the 30 minute chart. Everything seems to be working ok.

Here are the settings I used:

TradeShort=1

TradeLong=1

UseDPO=1

UseSniper=1

LotSize=0.1

LotIncrement=0.1

Multiplier=0

ProfitTarget=5

OpenOnTick=1

Spacing=8

TrendSpacing=1000

CounterTrendMultiplier=1

CloseDelay=0

CeaseTrading=0

PasueTrading=Pause Trading at Timeinterval

StartTime=0

EndTime=0

QuitTrading=Quit Trading at Time

endDayHourMinute=0

RightSideLabel=1

SessionTarget=25

MaximumBuyOrders=10

MaximumSellOrders=10

SLTotalinDollar 250

I've been using the EA's indicators in the hopes of filtering out bad trades. I know in backtesting they don't seem to help but we'll see what forward testing brings.

Can you post the EA your using?

Thanks

EA's are posted on Page 1

matrixebiz:
Can you post the EA your using? Thanks

Hi matrixebiz,

I'm using the PipmakerV5aNeo_Enhance_V2_mod4 version of the EA posted on the first page of this forum. The only thing I changed was the period of the Sniper CCI indicator from M1 to M30 in the code which you can do easily. I don't want to post another version with another name because it is too confusing.

Ok, thanks. Does it matter what TF the chart is running on?

hi all - checkit this acc (pipmaker 2a)

Login : 1756147

Investor : f8apaia

Interbank FX

Hi folks..

After one week testing,,,

I don't forward testing using my current FXDD demo anymore.

Cause I use it for testing of new version modified by Tiger Wong.

It is with total SL and already bug free... H

All I can say is this version is good to go.

Thanks to Tiger Wong

Reason: