PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 65

richest:
do you mean that I have to attach the two indicators first in order this EA to work? how about the tf setting?

No you don't need to attach the indicators. TF M30 is good.

tiger_wong:
You are using DPO and FX Snipper as the indicator to find the trend direction. Of course, EA will open position according to the indicator. That's why I mentioned that we has developed this PipMaker as our assistant and semi automatic mode.

To disable the indicator, change the value to "0".

Please read my previous post about the explanation of the parameter before using this EA. I think thing like this make other great coders fly from this forum

I want the Indicators but can you explain a little more on setting the Buy and Sell option. If I set one to false and one to true will it only trade in one direction? What happens if they are both true or both false?

Thanks

here is my forward test of ver mod4c today

Don't forward test in a week..

Just start again today..

Files:
nf.gif  6 kb
nf.htm  22 kb

duyduy:

Just start again today..

What settings?

Thanks

richest:
do you mean that I have to attach the two indicators first in order this EA to work? how about the tf setting?

if you set UseDPO=0 and UseSniper=0 then EA doesn't need any indicator. It just need TradeLong or TradeShort or both of them, you decide the direction manually.

This EA will work at any TF because it works based at tick price. The setting of indicator DPO and Sniper are fix, written at the code source. If you want to change them, you must change the code from meta editor.

matrixebiz:
I want the Indicators but can you explain a little more on setting the Buy and Sell option. If I set one to false and one to true will it only trade in one direction? What happens if they are both true or both false? Thanks

Indicator DPO

extern bool UseDPO = true; // Trades long if 30Min-LWMA is above daily open and short if below (idea from OnlyPivot thread)

Indicator Sniper

extern bool UseSniper = true; // Trades long if above 0, opposite for short

code :

double val=iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_M1,"FX Sniper\'s T3 CCI",120,5,0.618,0,0);

it uses Period M1, CCI Period = 120, T3 Period = 5, b factor = 0.618

If you set the TradeLong = true and TradeShort = false, EA just opens Long direction, and vice versa.

If you set both of them = true, EA opens Long AND Short

If you set both of them = false, EA doesn't open ANY positions.

Have a nice weekend everybody.... and Happy New Year

tiger_wong:
if you set UseDPO=0 and UseSniper=0 then EA doesn't need any indicator. It just need TradeLong or TradeShort or both of them, you decide the direction manually.

This EA will work at any TF because it works based at tick price. The setting of indicator DPO and Sniper are fix, written at the code source. If you want to change them, you must change the code from meta editor.

Indicator DPO

extern bool UseDPO = true; // Trades long if 30Min-LWMA is above daily open and short if below (idea from OnlyPivot thread)

Indicator Sniper

extern bool UseSniper = true; // Trades long if above 0, opposite for short

code :

double val=iCustom(NULL, PERIOD_M1,"FX Sniper\'s T3 CCI",120,5,0.618,0,0);

it uses Period M1, CCI Period = 120, T3 Period = 5, b factor = 0.618

If you set the TradeLong = true and TradeShort = false, EA just opens Long direction, and vice versa.

If you set both of them = true, EA opens Long AND Short

If you set both of them = false, EA doesn't open ANY positions.

Have a nice weekend everybody.... and Happy New Year

Ok, so does the "Indicator settings = True" override the TradeLong and TradeShort settings and Visa-Versa?

duyduy:

Just start again today..

I would be second to matrixebiz, what setting and tf you used?

thanks to tiger_wong and matrixebiz for answering my question

hi

i have only bunch of caracters etc when i try to downkload this expert.whats a problem?

Neo:
Ok... you guys asked for it

The reason I didn't post the entire EA previously is that I generally "rewrite" EAs in my own formatting style which helps me work out what's going on. I also generally rename variables and functions, though that may just be OCD

Anyway, the major deviation from Don's version is that I grafted the magic number routine from Fifth's Blessing code and added error reporting to a text file. There are a few minor revisions too but the most important is that I added the trend filtering into the Start() function.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that the Martingale side of things isn't working correctly but that's no big shakes at the moment.

Opps... almost forgot! I converted all neccesary "extern bool" parameters into "extern int" so that you can use them in optimisation mode in the strategy tester (0 = false, 1 = true) - the boolean code is just commented out throughout so you can switch it back if you want.

If you find any other issues then I guess you'll let me know

freedom131477:
hi i have only bunch of caracters etc when i try to downkload this expert.whats a problem?

Right click on the file and select Save link as

A little help for Tiger Wong

matrixebiz:
Ok, so does the "Indicator settings = True" override the TradeLong and TradeShort settings and Visa-Versa?

Tiger Wong, thanks for the fantastic job you are doing and maybe I can help a little.

Matrixebiz, if you have Trade Long = true and Use Sniper = true, the ea will only place trades when the Sniper is above zero. Trades above the first trade will be placed at trend intervals when the Sniper is above zero or green.

Below the first trade the price must be at least "spacing" pips away and the Sniper must be above zero. So if the price trended down strongly by 100 pips and the 1 minute sniper never got above zero, no further trades would be placed. As soon as the sniper pops its head above zero and it is more than "spacing" below the lowest buy it will place the next trade.

If you have TradeLong = true and TradeShort = false it will only ever place Long trades regardless of what any of the indicators are saying.

Reason: