The top tenets of mechanical trading - page 8

Will They Work with Live Money?

My biggest question about system trading (EA's) is can we get performance with Live Money comparable to backtest and demo results?

I have tried three different systems, two purchased and one written by me, that backtested well but did NOT do as well with live money.

There seems to be two types of problems, 1) typical system design issues with over optimization or unstable design, and 2) some brokers manipulate the prices and spreads making it very hard for the customer to make money.

With one system I traded live, all of my trades matched up very well with the trades using the same system in a demo account with a different broker, till the profits started to build up. Then problems started to occur, spreads would widen, and fills would be delayed or not occur at all, even on market orders. The system continued to make money in the demo account but not with live money.

Has anyone experienced these problems? Anyone had lots of good experience? Any solutions available? Thanks!

Truckload:
My biggest question about system trading (EA's) is can we get performance with Live Money comparable to backtest and demo results?

I have tried three different systems, two purchased and one written by me, that backtested well but did NOT do as well with live money.

There seems to be two types of problems, 1) typical system design issues with over optimization or unstable design, and 2) some brokers manipulate the prices and spreads making it very hard for the customer to make money.

With one system I traded live, all of my trades matched up very well with the trades using the same system in a demo account with a different broker, till the profits started to build up. Then problems started to occur, spreads would widen, and fills would be delayed or not occur at all, even on market orders. The system continued to make money in the demo account but not with live money.

Has anyone experienced these problems? Anyone had lots of good experience? Any solutions available? Thanks!

Hi Truckload,

Change your live account to other(s) broker !

why 90% of EA loss money

i have use EA for 1 years, and find out most of the EA lossing , because those EA chase the trend instantly , that is chase trend EA, which can profit only on strong market ~~

but however the market 80% of the time is being weak

and many EA use a very wide stop loss e.g. 2000pips of eurusd and short tp such as 20 pips , which is easily stop out by broker house for those account below 2000usd (0.1 lot)

ATC 2008 nub 1 EA is a middle term investment EA , which take profit is 460 pips, although it TP is long , but when the price is linger at a fixed range, it will lost lots of chance to enter market, when hold a position for a long time

so a best EA is to determine the market now is being weak (price fixed at a range ) or being strong(to chase the trend break-out system) ~~

what do u think ?

Reply - What are your weakneses?

Ola, folks.

My biggest weakness at this moment is

f) I still haven't defined a good money management system.

g) I believe that I have magical powers (woooshuuu... mmmmmmmmmmmm... listen, folks, the sun will rise again... wait... TOMORROW! You see, it is not hard) and can predict the future. (the price will go down after it goes up, and vice versa, just find out when it will happen - yes, the hard part)

Anyway, still fighting with Money Management and working on my own strategy.

Take care,

Have fun,

Simon

6. Technical indicators don't work

Strongly agree

get rid of all that crap from your charts all you need is price volume and the dom

how long ahve you been winning?

I'm just wondering about those 'winners' giving advice, whether EA or manual. How long have these guys (or their Eas) been profitable? for all i know, 95% of people could have been profitable for 3 months and then decided because they are now 'profitable', their advice is worth giving.

"with great powers, comes great responsibilities" - uncle ben

About expert advisor

I think that the difficulty about the expert advisor is the uncertainty of the signals. And the most difficulty for the traders is how to choose these signals to follow.

nickgurtsu:
6. Technical indicators don't work

Strongly agree

get rid of all that crap from your charts all you need is price volume and the dom

I agree. I think there are a few that may work. good luck figuring out which ones. they don't work mainly because they're too slow for forex. they work great in stocks and commodities though. I'd say 95% of styles/methods/systems (or whatever you want to call it) that uses indicators under anything that's not used on the daily chart, will eventually stop working because those special settings are just curve fitted. people always wonder why their method fails. theres' your answer. only about 5%-maybe, (and that's a huge maybe) 10% of technical indicators work.

this is what i see from only trading live for a year. just drop all that stuff and figure out the 5% that does work so you don't become the 95%

Ea ma just for buy only

Hi all , can anyone please knock me up a simple ea for a ma for a buy signal , i have attemped to do one but when the signal as been hit , the buy order opens and when i reach the target profit off 10 for example , i just want the ea to not open anymore buy signals , i just want it to come below the other ma so when again it reaches the buy signal it will open a new buy trade .. does this make any sense to any of you , MA 10 AND MA 80 , if anyone can knock one up ,

many thanks pete

Elfive 9:
14. The average trader who is persistent and lucky enough to eventually become a profitable trader regularly will first lose $20K - $30K in the markets and spend another $10K on books, lessons, eBooks, subscriptions and software. The rest will perish somewhere along that path.

Load of Rubbish.

Reason: