PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 116

Here are my resullts from 3.1. - 25.05.08 with metaquotes-data. But the results in demo and also in livetrading can be very different, when you use the EA with data from other brokers. And maybe some brokers have slippage or requotes. This is important to know.

Files:

erdenmensch:
Here are my resullts from 3.1. - 25.05.08 with metaquotes-data. But the results in demo and also in livetrading can be very different, when you use the EA with data from other brokers. And maybe some brokers have slippage or requotes. This is important to know.

Well,I used on live, is certainly not working like in a demo account.

Most obvious difference is that is not open same amount trades as in demo, but less.

I think a reason is data filtering/smoothing in live data feed.

Another reason is order processing time, in live it take longer than in demo so even if I have same order opened in demo and in live there will be a difference of 1-3 pips between open prices.

I don't have a live statement cuz I mix some EAs with manual orders so result will not reflect performance of a single EA.

Enforcer:
Well,I used on live, is certainly not working like in a demo account.

Most obvious difference is that is not open same amount trades as in demo, but less.

I think a reason is data filtering/smoothing in live data feed.

Another reason is order processing time, in live it take longer than in demo so even if I have same order opened in demo and in live there will be a difference of 1-3 pips between open prices.

I don't have a live statement cuz I mix some EAs with manual orders so result will not reflect performance of a single EA.

Yes, I think the same way like you. Thats the reason I only trade a automatic system by fxcmbroker. Do you like?

Forex Trading System

Are your results better with pipmaker EA? Please let me know and which broker you use it with normal-, mini- or microaccount?

I'm on Alpari UK, there is no micro, mini, you open an account and trade any lot size you want. There are no limitations on scalping or hedging or other taxes except bank transfer fees.

If results are better? For sure, I'm a lousy manual trader, basically I don't have enough patience, so EAs, including PipMaker recover what I lost on manual trading )

erdenmensch:
But the results in demo and also in livetrading can be very different, when you use the EA with data from other brokers. And maybe some brokers have slippage or requotes. This is important to know.

Exactly.

Broker's time server is important too. Different brokers will have different results due to their different time.

FerruFx

well i've put a slightly modified version of this EA on my live IBFX account mini account. We'll see how it goes. So far no trades.. but then again my version is suppose to ride trends.. so I'll have an update sometime soon..

sorg:
Hi!

I'm running forward test since last Thursday.

You can follow up here: Statement: 2019807 - Pipmaker v15

It is pipmaker v15 ; with all settings at default values.

I run it with the following pairs : EURUSD, USDJPY, GPBUSD, USDCHF, EURGPB, EURJPY, GPBJPY, AUDUSD, CHFJPY, EURCHF

I am quite impress by the result and the straight line of the equity curve.

On the other side it is quite scarying to see that the open positions are barely in profit; but finally this EA perfectly does what it name says : it makes pips!

I will run this test for a few weeks. To be honnest I am quite concern by the draw down. Even with the MM rules activated; I guess that the draw down can be very painful !

If in one month or two the test is successfuk , i will consider switching to live trading.

What are the brokers wich are known to be fully compatible with pipmaker and mini account ?

Hi!

My test is still running. (pipmaker v15, with defaults settings)

After a very profitable beginning; i am now a bit disapointed by the situation:

- Pipmaker doesn't make pips anymore

- The open trades are in not so good situation: I am loosing money on every pair; But pipmaker has not cut the positions for the time being. But, as i have reached the maximum number of open trades, it can't open new trades (that's the reason why it stopped making pips !)

which parameters should i modify in order to avoid this type of situation where i am stucked ?

Thank you in advance,

regards,

Sorg

Reason: