PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 220

Hi Mrtools,

thank you very much for your reply.

All of a sudden it is trading now, I did not apply any change to the setup.

What I still don't understand, it has opened a long position, but the indicators clearly indicate a short trend.

I have adjusted the indicator settings to the settings in the EA, it should actually reflect the setup.

Thank you in advance!

Files:
pipmaker2.jpg  168 kb

tfi_markets:
Hi Mrtools,

thank you very much for your reply.

All of a sudden it is trading now, I did not apply any change to the setup.

What I still don't understand, it has opened a long position, but the indicators clearly indicate a short trend.

I have adjusted the indicator settings to the settings in the EA, it should actually reflect the setup.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Tfi_markets,

One thing I noticed is if you are using Itrend and Macd the ITrendPeriod is actually the time frame for the indicator and also the MacdTf is the same for the Macd, if you want to use them same as your chart time frame set those periods to zero, for now that's all I can find.

Hi Mrtools,

thank you very much for your advise. I will try it out.

Hi Mrtools,

I had a second look at the PipMaker V1 EA.

I have added Fisher_m11 and the iTrend indicator to the EA. As you can see from the screenshot, both indicators show a negative trend, what is also reflected by the EA, but for some reason the EA doesn't open a short position. Do you have probably an idea what might be the reason?

Thank you in advance!

Files:

tfi_markets:
Hi Mrtools,

I had a second look at the PipMaker V1 EA.

I have added Fisher_m11 and the iTrend indicator to the EA. As you can see from the screenshot, both indicators show a negative trend, what is also reflected by the EA, but for some reason the EA doesn't open a short position. Do you have probably an idea what might be the reason?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Tfi_markets,

The iTrend is, if using default settings is using 60 minute time frame, and the fisher by default is using FisherPeriod which is 240, or 4 hour timeframe, could be why it didn't open a trade.

Hello Mrtools,

thank you very much for your idea. I had a look at the indicator settings;

the Fisher Indicator Range periods are 10, iTrend indicator shows Bands Period 10 and Power Period 13.

What indicator and settings would you use with the Pipmaker V17_3?

Do you probably have a recommendation for a good EA trading in H1?

I have good backtest results for Ichimoku V 5.3.3. and EMAplusWPR_V_2 EA. Profit Factor is around 3.

Thank you in advance.

With kind regards, Thomas

Hi Mrtools,

I found the values in the code, and in the input parameters, I have adjusted it according to your advice. When I have more time I will dive deeper into MQL4 coding.. I guess I start to understand the EA now. It is actually quite a Swiss army knife, makes it possible to implement different indicators and strategies..

Thank you.

tfi_markets:
Hello Mrtools,

thank you very much for your idea. I had a look at the indicator settings;

the Fisher Indicator Range periods are 10, iTrend indicator shows Bands Period 10 and Power Period 13.

What indicator and settings would you use with the Pipmaker V17_3?

Do you probably have a recommendation for a good EA trading in H1?

I have good backtest results for Ichimoku V 5.3.3. and EMAplusWPR_V_2 EA. Profit Factor is around 3.

Thank you in advance.

With kind regards, Thomas
tfi_markets:
Hi Mrtools,

I found the values in the code, and in the input parameters, I have adjusted it according to your advice. When I have more time I will dive deeper into MQL4 coding.. I guess I start to understand the EA now. It is actually quite a Swiss army knife, makes it possible to implement different indicators and strategies..

Thank you.

Tfi_markets, best I can say is maybe at first go with the default settings to start, usually the developer will see something in the market they think they can take advantage of and develop the EA that way, then add or remove from there. As far as EA's on H1 time frame the Ichimoku one you spoke of did okay on the Yen pairs especially, back when I last tested it.

Hi

Can anyone post the last version and indcator so that can load it onmt4 as the post is very long so hope someone can do that Thanks

anybody still using this?

Reason: