Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 34

Problems with buffers (Stochastics)

I hope anyone can help me. I try to add an additional Moving Average to the usual Stochastics but the last two MA's do not show up in my graph. Probably I do something wrong with the buffers. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Files:

Marcel

A couple of things needed to be changed

Attached the changed one so you can see in the code what is changed. Anyway, it looks like this now
regards

Mladen

Marcel1966:
I hope anyone can help me. I try to add an additional Moving Average to the usual Stochastics but the last two MA's do not show up in my graph. Probably I do something wrong with the buffers. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

It's working. Thanks very much, Mladen!

settings

Hi! What settings do you use on your Stochastics? I'm using (14,3,3) on mine on the 4h chart but it seems I'm getting a lot of false signals. HELP!

Unusual Stochastic settings

littlebopip:
Hi! What settings do you use on your Stochastics? I'm using (14,3,3) on mine on the 4h chart but it seems I'm getting a lot of false signals. HELP!

A lot of people use 8,3,2. Others use 5,3,3. Here is another one that I use that is very effective: 13,13,1, high/low, simple. Smoothing set to one forces this stochastic to look like a Williams Percent Range with a simple moving average. I have drawn a line in the attached screen shot wherever there is a cross. As you can see of the nine signals there is one false signal and one not very good signal. Which is quite good but is also why a couple of other indicators should be used for filtering regardless of the indicator or settings.

good luck,

gcgman

Files:

A BIG favor please

specially to fxbs, could you code an indi similar to "Stochastic_OC.mq4" made for you in post #178 BUT with this dinapoli stochastic and add alarms not only in OB/OS zones but also TOO whenever there is crossing?

I would appreciate very much for your interest in this indicator, it is really important to me as a newbie.

Hi all i have been using this stochastic indicator for a little while that will get an average of 3 time frames. It uses the current time frame plus the 2 next highest time frames. So for example if you used it on the M5 time frame you get the average of the M5 + M15 + M30. I was wondering if it would be possible to get this edited so we could choose the timeframes we want the average to come from rather than having it hard set. So for example we wanted the average from the M1 + M5 + M15 instead.

Thanks for any help

Files:

thanks for posting, this looks interesting.

BTW if u wanted m1/m5/m15 just attach it to an m1 chart and thats what u will get, I am looking at that right now myself.

Odysseus

Step stochastic indicator is on this post. This is the only correct (non-repainting, non-deformed) version of step stochastic that exist in any platform.

Divergence using Stochastic: some general information about it was collected on this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175886 and some of them are on this post.

painting the past: Stochastic is not paiting the past. But we need in some systems for this indicator to be painted the past. Read some exotic explanation/request https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173249

how to understand the price movement using 3 Stochastic indicators:

- template attached (M5 timeframe). It was taken from asctrend M5 informational template from elite section here.

- some other informational templates about price movement understanding are here.

Multi Timeframe Stochastic:

- MTF stochastic momentum indicator is here;

- MTF Stochastic is here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here (#MTF Stochastic v. 2.0);

- Stochastic_Standard_4TF_cja updated indicator: this post.

Stochastic with alert is #MTF_Stochastic1.1 with alert is here; #MTF Stochastic with alert is here; stochastic with alert EA is here, stochastic with alert thread.

- Many Stochastic indicators in one page collected: is here.

StochHistogram indicator is here.

- StochHistogram indicators with alert (2 indicators) are on this page.

- Color Stochastic indicator is here and here and here.

- StochCandles_80_20 indicator is here.

Files:
Reason: