Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 34

Saw Khine
Saw Khine  

Looking for a Exit EA with Stochastic

Hello everybody

I really want a EA which can exit current trading with Stochastic (eg: 9,3,3) Crossing. I usually exit my trade before I go to bed but sometimes if there is a good opportunity, I want to leave a trade with a kind of EXIT EA. I found PSAR trailing stop EA and its a good one but sometime PSAR make a huge pips . If somebody has this kind of EA or has a mql4 coding please help me.

millions thanks

mithetnme

vmbhat
vmbhat  

Best stoch indicator

Hi seniors,

I am new bee in forex trading.I know one AFL which is useing for stock trading with the help of Amibroker. the details of indicator is as below.Can any one prepare and post here this indicatorin MT4 langauge for forex trading .So all members will get benifit of the same.

_SECTION_BEGIN("Stochastic Slow");

periods = Param( "Periods", 20, 1, 200, 1 );

Ksmooth = Param( "%K avg", 12, 1, 200, 1 );

Plot( StochK( periods , Ksmooth), "%K"+_PARAM_VALUES(), ParamColor( "%K color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("%K style") );

Dsmooth = Param( "%D avg", 10, 1, 200, 1 );

Plot( StochD( periods , Ksmooth, DSmooth ), "%D"+_PARAM_VALUES(), ParamColor( "%D color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("%D style",styleDashed) );

y0=LastValue(Trough(StochD(periods , Ksmooth, DSmooth ),1,2));

y1=LastValue(Trough(StochD(periods , Ksmooth, DSmooth ),1,1));

x0=BarCount - 1 - LastValue(TroughBars(StochD(periods , Ksmooth, DSmooth ),1,2));

price_start=Close[x0];

x1=BarCount - 1 - LastValue(TroughBars(StochD(periods , Ksmooth, DSmooth ),1,1));

price_end=Close[x1];

Line = LineArray( x0, y0, x1, y1, 0 );

Plot( Line, "Support line", colorBlack );

Buy = y1>y0 AND price_end<price_start;

PlotShapes(shapeUpArrow * Buy, colorGreen,0,Line);

y00=LastValue(Peak(StochD(periods , Ksmooth, DSmooth ),1,2));

y11=LastValue(Peak(StochD(periods , Ksmooth, DSmooth ),1,1));

x00=BarCount - 1 - LastValue(PeakBars(StochD(periods , Ksmooth, DSmooth ),1,2));

price_start1=Close[x00];

x11=BarCount - 1 - LastValue(PeakBars(StochD(periods , Ksmooth, DSmooth ),1,1));

price_end1=Close[x11];

Line = LineArray( x00, y00, x11, y11, 0 );

Plot( Line, "Resistance line", colorBlack );

Sell = y11price_start1;

PlotShapes(shapeDownArrow * Sell, colorRed,0,Line);

if( Status("action") == actionCommentary )

{

printf("(Interpretation is not available yet)");

}

_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("ZIG-ZAG");

P = ParamField( "ZIG Price field" );

change = Param("% change",1,0.1,25,0.1);

Plot( Zig(P, change), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("style",styleOwnScale) );

_SECTION_END();

with the hope to receive positive feedback from senior members.

pl help me in this matter

Marcel1966
Marcel1966  

Problems with buffers (Stochastics)

I hope anyone can help me. I try to add an additional Moving Average to the usual Stochastics but the last two MA's do not show up in my graph. Probably I do something wrong with the buffers. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Marcel

A couple of things needed to be changed

Attached the changed one so you can see in the code what is changed. Anyway, it looks like this now
regards

Mladen

Marcel1966:
I hope anyone can help me. I try to add an additional Moving Average to the usual Stochastics but the last two MA's do not show up in my graph. Probably I do something wrong with the buffers. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
Marcel1966
Marcel1966  

It's working. Thanks very much, Mladen!

kcadelina
kcadelina  

settings

Hi! What settings do you use on your Stochastics? I'm using (14,3,3) on mine on the 4h chart but it seems I'm getting a lot of false signals. HELP!

Craig Gardiner
Craig Gardiner  

Unusual Stochastic settings

littlebopip:
Hi! What settings do you use on your Stochastics? I'm using (14,3,3) on mine on the 4h chart but it seems I'm getting a lot of false signals. HELP!

A lot of people use 8,3,2. Others use 5,3,3. Here is another one that I use that is very effective: 13,13,1, high/low, simple. Smoothing set to one forces this stochastic to look like a Williams Percent Range with a simple moving average. I have drawn a line in the attached screen shot wherever there is a cross. As you can see of the nine signals there is one false signal and one not very good signal. Which is quite good but is also why a couple of other indicators should be used for filtering regardless of the indicator or settings.

good luck,

gcgman

Files:
dentiok
dentiok  
dentiok
dentiok  

A BIG favor please

specially to fxbs, could you code an indi similar to "Stochastic_OC.mq4" made for you in post #178 BUT with this dinapoli stochastic and add alarms not only in OB/OS zones but also TOO whenever there is crossing?

I would appreciate very much for your interest in this indicator, it is really important to me as a newbie.

syk1kz
syk1kz  

Hi all i have been using this stochastic indicator for a little while that will get an average of 3 time frames. It uses the current time frame plus the 2 next highest time frames. So for example if you used it on the M5 time frame you get the average of the M5 + M15 + M30. I was wondering if it would be possible to get this edited so we could choose the timeframes we want the average to come from rather than having it hard set. So for example we wanted the average from the M1 + M5 + M15 instead.

Thanks for any help

Files: