Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 86

TEAMTRADER:
Hi MLaden,

Can you stop your on-chart 3 stochs from repainting please? I have changed the colours to only show 3, 4 and 5 - all others have been changed to none so I can see the change in direction.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Try it out now (the problem with colors is solved in this one) : onchart_stochastic_3_nmc_1.mq4

PS: since for the bounds higher time frame ATR is used, it is a sort of a multi time frame indicator and since bands are determining the extent of stochastic drawing on chart, you have to bare in mind that those can change. What never will change (in normal - non multi time frame mode) are the colors and crosses now. Multi time frame mode works as any multi time frame indicator

Appreciated.

I have entered 2 of these indicators with different settings to show a more reliable entry. I generally put my 'rules' on a new template to check them over a few days so you can ignore all my writing.

The upper TF facility will not be used by me as ultimately this will be used on renko or range charts.

TEAMTRADER

mladen:
Try it out now (the problem with colors is solved in this one) : onchart_stochastic_3_nmc_1.mq4

PS: since for the bounds higher time frame ATR is used, it is a sort of a multi time frame indicator and since bands are determining the extent of stochastic drawing on chart, you have to bare in mind that those can change. What never will change (in normal - non multi time frame mode) are the colors and crosses now. Multi time frame mode works as any multi time frame indicator
Files:
us30m5.png  69 kb

Hi MLaden,

It does not work satisfactorily on the renko charts - the channels are very wide (off the screen) and the stochs K&D lines are also off the screen (not within the price hugging channel as in normal TF charts).

Can this be adapted for renko? That is to show the K&D lines are between the channel closer to the renko bar price?

Thanks if you can do anything. I certainly don't want to go back to trading normal TF charts if possible.

TEAMTRADER

krelian99:
Can someone tell me the advantages of oscis on the chart? My stoch lurks in the box. I'm afraid if it is liberated on the chart, it runs to death, apart from that it messes up everything.

dear krelian99.....,if you explain me some thing about your matter,with words or with pictures,may be i can serve you

( lurks in the box. I'm afraid if it is liberated on the chart, it runs to death, apart from that it messes up everything.)

i did not understand your problem.if you can explain better in German language,i can translate it too....but please with exact proper German text words,no mis spell.

mntiwana

Es wurde im normalen Anblick versteckt und dann direkt auf den Charts und machte ein heilloses Durcheinander mit Honig auf...excuse my French...

es ist nicht französisch

es ist Deutsch

und wir sind hier ........ mit breiten Herzen

augen auf

fruchtbaren Köpfe

höflich Einstellungen

nicht mit jeder Art von engen und Schrumpf ed Geist ....... und eifersüchtig

mntiwana:
es ist nicht französisch

es ist Deutsch

und wir sind hier ........ mit breiten Herzen

augen auf

fruchtbaren Köpfe

höflich Einstellungen

nicht mit jeder Art von engen und Schrumpf ed Geist ....... und eifersüchtig

Translation: "and we are here ........ with broad heart

open eyes

fertile minds

polite settings

not with any kind of narrow and shrink ed spirit ....... and jealous"

I was once dating a girl...(but no hanky-panky)...until she came to me saying she was pregnant...I think because my mind is fertile...and even though I would describe that girl as narrow (if you know what I mean)...her shrink said she had a great spirit...and he was kind of jealous I was dating her...which I was NOT! in a normal sense...

jeder ist bekannt ....... aus den Worten ....... er werfen ..... den Weg .... er spricht .... vom Niveau ....... er angehört

so dass wir alle hier .... genaue denke ........ was ist Ihr Grund zurück ...... und welche Art von Familie ... Sie gehört .... unter welchen Umständen ... ..Sie wurde ....... brachte alle ist jetzt klar,

mntiwana:
jeder ist bekannt ....... aus den Worten ....... er werfen ..... den Weg .... er spricht .... vom Niveau ....... er angehört so dass wir alle hier .... genaue denke ........ was ist Ihr Grund zurück ...... und welche Art von Familie ... Sie gehört .... unter welchen Umständen ... ..Sie wurde ....... brachte alle ist jetzt klar,

I am happy it's crystal clear:)

Uff, better we go on talking in BSE (bad simple English). That's were we are all good in

See, an osci on chart isn't better than in a box (subwindow), but you can apply TL and divergences and so on on it. You have all the space for PA-analysis and patterns on the chart. Much is possible but why mess the chart with an indicator that is circuitous to read and disallow all the advantages of an osci in a box (his natural habitat)? I can take the tires of my car and mount them on the roof (with power train of course). Don't missunderstand me, I like innovative and sometimes crazy approaches, but as practical person I must question the sense. So it must be a killer indicator and I can't realize it as a beast. That's why I'm asking what the purpose is to free the beast.

Reason: