Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 103

Yes, it is your colour stochs with my setting for the 5 and 15m charts. It is attached.

It is just a pity that a signal/alert cannot be made for a combination of the two overlaid stochs as it is so accurate and so very profitable as they do not repaint.

TEAMTRADER

PS

As a further explanation, as long as the two stochs are from the same mq4 file then the different settings give the cross, then cross of the level, then the signal/alert. 89/13/3 and 21/13/3 for example, 13 being the slowing figure.

rhaychj:
Do you have .mt4 for this TEAMTRADER?

Hi TeamTrader,

Thanks for the reply with the .mq4. Do you ever use this on a 4HR chart? If so, what settings would you recommend?:)

As a further explanation, as long as the two stochs are from the same mq4 file then the different settings give the cross, then cross of the level, then the signal/alert. 89/13/3 and 21/13/3 for example, 13 being the slowing figure.

Hi TEAMTRADER

thanks for the efforts,just my curiosity,if fast stoch should not be drop early here ,located in picture.

Files:
gbpusdm5_1.png  61 kb

rhaychj:
Hi TeamTrader, Thanks for the reply with the .mq4. Do you ever use this on a 4HR chart? If so, what settings would you recommend?:)

I have the settings for the 4hr chart as 144 - 5 (slow) - 2 and 21-5-2, both being LWMA.

If you use this and change the timeframe to 1hr you can confirm your trades as the 1hr and 4hr charts will show trends when white (under 15 or over 85).

TEAMTRADER

Yes, that illustration was to show when the fast was over the slow and, importantly, recrossed under the 15 level - that would be a signal and an alert.

No one seems interested in making this signal and alert so it is a manual 'pattern recognition' task.

The stochs cross themselves for a signal/alert but also they cross levels which is the confirming signal/alert.

The crossing down of both the individual stochs in your arrowed area is a perfect continuation entry point for the downtrend - it is the convergence point of the 2 stochs.

TEAMTRADER

mntiwana:

Hi TEAMTRADER

thanks for the efforts,just my curiosity,if fast stoch should not be drop early here ,located in picture.

The crossing down of both the individual stochs in your arrowed area is a perfect continuation entry point for the downtrend - it is the convergence point of the 2 stochs.

TEAMTRADER

i understood all,you are right and logic is valid,but my question is still there,where i pointed the arrow,if fast stoch should not drop down before slow stoch cross all 2 (25 and 15) level lines....but in your illustration....slow stoch is going down (crossing) early than fast stoch.

I had misunderstood your question

If it had not crossed below the 25 and 15 then the trend down would more likely to be faltering. Both stochs individually were crossing down almost at the same time – the eye can see that the trade is down but a signal/alert that I had asked for (without success) would only be triggered where I put the vertical line and arrow, maybe a candle earlier. Does that answer it?

TEAMTRADER

mntiwana:

TEAMTRADER

i understood all,you are right and logic is valid,but my question is still there,where i pointed the arrow,if fast stoch should not drop down before slow stoch cross all 2 (25 and 15) level lines....but in your illustration....slow stoch is going down (crossing) early than fast stoch.

YES or NO?

Could someone code a new indicator please?

Any setting of stochastics crossing another setting of stochastics with control over the levels where the cross occurs.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

anybody have this indicator with specific settings:

it is stochastic appear what is momentum on 3 higher time frame from current time frame if it is up you will see blue color if it is down you will see dark blue.....

gozila:

anybody have this indicator with specific settings:

it is stochastic appear what is momentum on 3 higher time frame from current time frame if it is up you will see blue color if it is down you will see dark blue.....

Isn't that dss?

Reason: