Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 97

mladen:
The idea of that indicator is not to combine stochastic of different settings, but to check the overall trend that is valid on all time frames.

The indicator does not give signals or alerts as far as I can see - which is the specific requirement for scalping on renko/range.

The composite does not work on any of my offline charts.

Direction from a stochs indicator can often be a predicted future direction so that is why I was looking for a signal/alert for the separate settings of stochastics as in post 956.

I know I have asked for this before so it cannot be easy.

Thanks if it can be done.

TEAMTRADER

No idea why it does not work for you on offline charts

Previous example was on one kind of offline chart. This one is on another kind (renko in this case). All you have to do is to click on the the time frame button(s) that you wish to be used in compositing the stochastic and it will work. As I told : it has to work on any offline chart the same way as on any regular chart.

PS: that ex4 was built using build 788. If your metatrader build is lower than that, then the chances are that it will not work. But in that case it will not work on regular charts too (not just offline charts). There is no limitation that would prevent it to work on regular charts and then not to work on renko or any other offline chart

TEAMTRADER:

Previous example was on one kind of offline chart. This one is on another kind (renko in this case). All you have to do is to click on the the time frame button(s) that you wish to be used in compositing the stochastic and it will work. As I told : it has to work on any offline chart the same way as on any regular chart.

PS: that ex4 was built using build 788. If your metatrader build is lower than that, then the chances are that it will not work. But in that case it will not work on regular charts too (not just offline charts). There is no limitation that would prevent it to work on regular charts and then not to work on renko or any other offline chart

I have got the indi to work now but it is a long way away from the signals and alerts for an indi with separate stochs settings.

The MTF stochs looks similar to the composite so I will try to get something working based on that - as the MTF has alerts. If I can't I will post again asking for the separate settings indicator with signal and alert.

I presume the separate settings stochs signal/alert cannot be coded?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

I had no problem with the indicator - it works just fine

Dynamo stochastic dynamo_stochastic.mq4

Files:

I have not been able to get a signal/alert based on the composite but I have been able to get a prospector springboard signal based on stochs 15m and 30m arrows/alerts scalping on a Renko chart.

Thank you.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:

mladen:
There was an omition of one basic rule when atr is used for emphasizing some value in the previous version of cci of stochastic : the value that should be used must osculate around zero line (otherwise the logic of using atr is broken). This version corrects that : cci_of_stochastic_amp_atr_2.mq4

Here is a comparison - lower is the new (correct) version : obviously the new version is more accurate and in lower part it is avoiding false alerts

One more upgrade - in order to avoid some false signals this one is smoothing the values with minimal or no lag at all (see the comparison - some false signals eliminated but the lag does not exits with default settings) : cci_of_stochastic_amp_atr_3.ex4

Love it!

Vertical line signal on this indicator possible?

TEAMTRADER

Files:
gbpusdm5.png  57 kb

mladen:
One more upgrade - in order to avoid some false signals this one is smoothing the values with minimal or no lag at all (see the comparison - some false signals eliminated but the lag does not exits with default settings) : cci_of_stochastic_amp_atr_3.ex4

Nice. Thanks

Hello Masters

Happy Weekend

need help in this

can you please add alert to this when color change or arrow appears dss_of_momentum__arrows___mtf_nmc.mq4

regards

Thanks in advance

AAREMM:
Hello Masters

Happy Weekend

need help in this

can you please add alert to this when color change or arrow appears dss_of_momentum__arrows___mtf_nmc.mq4

regards

Thanks in advance

Hello AAREMM, added the alerts

Reason: