Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 96

Thrall:
Have way for me get red and green bars from that indicator only when it touches lines 20 and 80 ? Sometimes that indicator say red or green in middle "50".... I think 20 and 80 lines is more accurate..

If you are referring to double smoothed stochastic histo, that indicator is changing color on slope change

PS; that is why the regular version is always better than the histo version : on regular version you can see the values too, while on histo version you see just the thing you decided to be some criteria (ie : it is limited to show just a part of the regular version)

Stochastic trend x 10

stochastictrend_x10.zip

thanks for your share. i need somethings in this thread.

I have asked for this previously but without success.

Could someone make a signal/alert based on the crossing of 2 separate 'K' and slowing settings of stochastics?

As long as the signal/alert can be used twice on one chart with different settings then this would be a very useful tool for assessing direction.

Illustration attached showing 233 'K' with slowing 5 (Red/slow), 144K with slowing 5 (Blue/medium) and 89K with slowing 5 (Lime/fast).

Thanks if anyone can do this.

TEAMTRADER

Files:
audcadh4.png  69 kb

A kind of a composite stochastic : composite_stochastic.ex4

It combines stochastic values from different time frames into a single stochastic value giving a kind of a stochastic over all time frames

Renko and Range charts do not accept timeframe indicators.

Perhaps the timeframes can be changed to separate settings of stochs instead of separate timeframes?

Renko and range are the safest way of trading.

Can this be coded successfully?

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:

Perhaps the timeframes can be changed to separate settings of stochs instead of separate timeframes?

TEAMTRADER

what do you mean with "the safest way of trading"?

engula:
what do you mean with "the safest way of trading"?

Lowest and most controllable risk.

If the stochs indi signal/alert can be made I will post an illustration.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:

TEAMTRADER

The idea of that indicator is not to combine stochastic of different settings, but to check the overall trend that is valid on all time frames.

PS: I do not see any reason why the indicator should not work on any offline type of chart - here is one example :

Files:

The idea of that indicator is not to combine stochastic of different settings, but to check the overall trend that is valid on all time frames.

The indicator does not give signals or alerts as far as I can see - which is the specific requirement for scalping on renko/range.

The composite does not work on any of my offline charts.

Direction from a stochs indicator can often be a predicted future direction so that is why I was looking for a signal/alert for the separate settings of stochastics as in post 956.

I know I have asked for this before so it cannot be easy.

Thanks if it can be done.

TEAMTRADER

Reason: