Please help me regarding a little bit change in this Mq4 file - page 2

mladen:
That indicator is working in the wrong direction (from right to left and keeping the states from right - which makes it very similar to sidus type of indicators). That is probably the reason why you could not do that. But if I change the direction to correct direction to make it work as it should, the signals will not be anything like they are now and I doubt that it is what you are looking for

I hoped that this would give me a 'sell signal' when crossing below the 75 level and a buy signal when crossing above that same level.

I have a similar indicator that I was going to change based on the 25 level if the 75 level indicator was made good.

Could you tell me if there is a' stochs levels' indicator that gives these 2 signals (sell and buy) based on one level (Eg, 75) then I could change the level 25 to make a second indicator for the second set of signals.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Can this indicator be corrected please?

The purpose is to ONLY draw a;

1. support horizontal under the previous candle when the CCI crosses above level -100 and a

2. resistance horizontal over the previous candle when the CCI crosses below level +100.

It performs its task as above 1 and 2 but it performs additional tasks which are incorrect and;

3. draws additional resistance lines when the CCI crosses below -100 (incorrect) and

4. additional support lines when the CCI crosses above +100 (incorrect).

I hope this is clear as it is important.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:

Can this indicator be corrected please?

The purpose is to ONLY draw a;

1. support horizontal under the previous candle when the CCI crosses above level -100 and a

2. resistance horizontal over the previous candle when the CCI crosses below level +100.

It performs its task as above 1 and 2 but it performs additional tasks which are incorrect and;

3. draws additional resistance lines when the CCI crosses below -100 (incorrect) and

4. additional support lines when the CCI crosses above +100 (incorrect).

I hope this is clear as it is important.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

By "previous candle" do you mean candle that happened before the actual cross happens? Wouldn't that be repainting?

mladen:
By "previous candle" do you mean candle that happened before the actual cross happens? Wouldn't that be repainting?

Sorry, what I meant was the support/resistance horizontal is drawn under/over the previous candle when the CCI crosses over -100 (support) and under +100 (resistance).

It does not repaint.

When the CCI crosses above -100 the indicator draws a support horizontal under the candle previous to the current candle.

Could you do it please? I have tried everything and failed. It is the S&R lines when it goes under -100 and over +100 that are incorrect on this indicator.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Could this indicator be amended to show the support and resistance horizontal levels in the form of a ray rather than a horizontal line that stops at the latest price candle?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:

Could this indicator be amended to show the support and resistance horizontal levels in the form of a ray rather than a horizontal line that stops at the latest price candle?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

You can easily change that : at two places in the code there is "OBJPROP_RAY,false" part, change the "false" to "true" and it will work as you need it

mladen:
You can easily change that : at two places in the code there is "OBJPROP_RAY,false" part, change the "false" to "true" and it will work as you need it

I see that now - but the indicator does not stop those 'rays' when they are broken by the price. When a ray is broken it is supposed to stop at that point.

Is the original code incorrect?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Files:
GBPAUDH1.png  26 kb

TEAMTRADER:

I see that now - but the indicator does not stop those 'rays' when they are broken by the price. When a ray is broken it is supposed to stop at that point.

Is the original code incorrect?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Sorry, but I do not know what was the intention of the original code. When I see it, I have to assume that the original intention was to draw lines as they were (otherwise, why would a coder leave it as it was if that was not what she/he wanted)?

mladen:
Sorry, but I do not know what was the intention of the original code. When I see it, I have to assume that the original intention was to draw lines as they were (otherwise, why would a coder leave it as it was if that was not what she/he wanted)?

The intention of this indicator was to draw support and resistance horizontals and when they were broken, the horizontal would finish.

I see that when 'ray' is put at true, the intention is lost as the rays do not stop when the horizontal is broken by the price.

Only the unbroken rays should be showing so this is why I asked the question.

When used in live trading it is very difficult to see a new support or resistance and the 'ray' is the answer if it works correctly.

Does that help?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Hi Mladen, could you please fix my EA? (attached EA + vertex indicator)

The problem is, that the EA doesn't open any orders.The EA should open an order when vertex indicator is extreme overbought/oversold. I don't receive any error.

double red_line_current=iCustom(NULL,0,"vertex_mod_3.02 alertsvarrowsnmtf__1",60,0,0); //60= 1 hour timeframe

double red_line_previous=iCustom(NULL,0,"vertex_mod_3.02 alertsvarrowsnmtf__1",60,0,1);

double grey_up_current=iCustom(NULL,0,"vertex_mod_3.02 alertsvarrowsnmtf__1",60,2,0);

double grey_up_previous=iCustom(NULL,0,"vertex_mod_3.02 alertsvarrowsnmtf__1",60,2,1);

double grey_down_current=iCustom(NULL,0,"vertex_mod_3.02 alertsvarrowsnmtf__1",60,3,0);

double grey_down_previous=iCustom(NULL,0,"vertex_mod_3.02 alertsvarrowsnmtf__1",60,3,1);

double close_current=iClose(NULL,0,0);

double close_previous=iClose(NULL,0,1);

Here I want to buy:

if(close_current<=close_previous && red_line_current<red_line_previous && red_line_current<grey_down_current && red_line_previous>grey_down_previous)

{
            ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,Ask-SL*Point*10,Ask+TP*Point*10,"My EA",12345,0,Green);            
Reason: