Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 102

Wulong10:
Now back to business ...

Look here, a minor part of my M1 chart. I removed most of the subwindows and left the one with the stoch, Mladen just has updated. The purple-white indicator is a simple DSS Bressert, settings 100-15. That's the leader.

Nonlag Stoch is maroon-springgreen. Hmm, I also removed the really fat indicators to prevent anyone from going crazy

Pava doesn't need that ...

No, my wife is NOT fat ...and I think she is beautiful.

Mntiwana likes to trade the M1, I have seen, so apply a really wrong and stupid MT4 BB to the Stoch and see that the best entry points are those where the BB compresses ...stoch settings : period 60, nlm period 12, pctfilter 60.

Oh yeah, the bullets are from Gadi Tickvolume Divergence.

All those indicators are for free ...but there are some Elite on the chart.

That's Hull Parabolic (the white - medium violet red), when it gets under the price, it goes up, when it gets on top, down ...

The other MA is a fast Hull para.

Normal people will trade with this chart alone, but I like to make things complicated.

No, I will not post this template, make one your self, it's fun !

Just uploaded a fresh picture so you could see how good the DSS Bressert is !

What I like about DSS Bressert is that on an hourly chart ot shows cycles in almost a "magic" way

Yes, the DSS Bressert is one of my favorite indicators, on M1, M5, M15, H1 it's not always, but a lot of times 'magical', with good divergence on top of that !

DSS seems to be a very stable indicator

hi mladen/mrtools,

i have following indies that look quite similar, but are still different. could you pls check if there's some wrong calculation in one of them or what the reason of the difference is? many thanks in advance.

nonlag_stochastic_nrp_yes.mq4

nonlag_stochastic_nrp_2.mq4

engula:
hi mladen/mrtools,

i have following indies that look quite similar, but are still different. could you pls check if there's some wrong calculation in one of them or what the reason of the difference is? many thanks in advance.

nonlag_stochastic_nrp_yes.mq4

nonlag_stochastic_nrp_2.mq4

Engula, from what I can tell neither one has a wrong calculation, the difference is how the non lag stochastic is calculated a faster way in the version 2 and it's also more user friendly and code wise it's done much simpler.

Hi TeamTrader, What indicator is this?

rhaychj:
Hi TeamTrader, What indicator is this?

rhaychj

What post are you referring to?

TEAMTRADER:
MLaden,

I have tested this for over a month on many timeframes and offline charts. Various stochastic settings but this setting is for big moves on the 4hr chart.

It is so efficient at detecting an imminent change of direction, with better consistency than divergence, that I believe it would help a lot of traders using bigger timeframes.

I'll leave it to you to see if you are able to code a signal/alert based on the crossing of 2 separate stochastics.

For coder traders the stochs settings for 4hr are - 8-3 (slowing) -2 (D) -3(lmma) and 34 -2-2-3. Where they both cross each other (down) above 65 there is a higher probability of the very near future direction going down. Where they both cross each other (up) above 35 there is a higher probability of the imminent future direction going up.

The illustration shows a square on screen of the area I was testing as well as on the stochastics indicators under the chart to show the actual crosses of the stochs indicators. These thicker verticals show the crossing of the stochastics above 65 and below 35.

TEAMTRADER

Do you have .mt4 for this TEAMTRADER?

mladen:
rhaychj What post are you referring to?

Hi Mladen, The post I have just quoted above

rhaychj:
Hi Mladen, The post I have just quoted above

rhaychj

As teamtrader stated in his post, that should be "2 separate stochastics."

But maybe best that he gives the exact explanation

Reason: