New EA based on the !xMeter - page 69

Same goes for semaphores : you can not see anything but that moment alone. Not useful at all

hi

i read all parameters of EA but dont understand what is :

1) Correlation = 0.3; // correlation limit (correlations from what? between what)

2) xMeterLookBackPer = 1; // How many hours should we look back to calculate High and Low for xMeter?(only working from H1 ??? How x-Meter doing calculations from what? candles ? hi-low?)

3)TradeTrigger = 2; // Value must be greater than RecoverTrigger and less than 9. Will enter trade when currencies xMeter difference is greater than TradeTrigger.(this value from x-Meter indications? like in my pictures?)

4) What need EA for do enters? : Correlations + TradeTrigger?

5) Also i did not find why EA placing +30 pip TP for 1st Orders at all pairs...

6) MinCurrencyPairs = 4; // minimum number of pairs a currency must occur in to be tradeable (this parameter killing me because i DONT UNDERSTAD IT AT ALL: if i place 10 or 9 : GBP +EUR + USD .... if 6 : 8 currency ....if 3: almost all currency )

Please halp me to explane with different words (not like inside EA). Thx

I also think that this EA require Equity Close in % from Start Depo - for example we have +0.5% Close all

parksonchew:
Hi fellow members,

I've been following the ForexTSD forum of xMeter EA v2.2.7 with much interest.

However, I've been noticing that the currency strength meter embeded in the EA is far more different with the stand-alone xMeterMTF which is very reliable & accurate.

Will it be possible for anyone to help replace the xMeterEA currency strength meter with the xMeterMTF formula??

From what I observed by forward live test, with such modification there's a huge potential of this EA.

For those who is interested, kindly respond with email account in order for me to send the required mq4 file.

Your consideration and assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks and best regards.

If you send me xMeterMTF MQ4, I will embed it into the EA so you can optionally use it or the original. I'll then send you the EA. I tried to send you a PM, but I don't have enough posts.

If you watch the screen comments, you will see some of the meter values jumping quite wildly. This makes using the values a bit of a challenge. For instance, you will see a value go from 6.3 to 5.1, back to 6.3 and then 5.6, 6.3, etc.

I've looked at the source code for hours but can't figure out what is happening to cause this.

Any thoughts on what is causing it and/or how to fix it?

I downloaded !xMeter_v2_2_7 a few years ago but never used it. I was clearing unused files in my Experts sub-directory and recalled I'd never checked it out and have been forward testing on a Demo account to see how it goes - mostly out of curiosity. It's been running for two weeks now and it hasn't missed a beat yet! There are some negative outcomes but they are always compensated by the recovery orders. My experience over last 2 weeks the initial 3000 balance is now 3167 all based on 0.03 lot size.

I'm tempted to apply it to a real account but thought I'd ask my peers that have used it what their longer term experience has been and if they are still using it.

Newton51:
I downloaded !xMeter_v2_2_7 a few years ago but never used it. I was clearing unused files in my Experts sub-directory and recalled I'd never checked it out and have been forward testing on a Demo account to see how it goes - mostly out of curiosity. It's been running for two weeks now and it hasn't missed a beat yet! There are some negative outcomes but they are always compensated by the recovery orders. My experience over last 2 weeks the initial 3000 balance is now 3167 all based on 0.03 lot size. I'm tempted to apply it to a real account but thought I'd ask my peers that have used it what their longer term experience has been and if they are still using it.

Any upgrade?

ChuckNZ:

If you send me xMeterMTF MQ4, I will embed it into the EA so you can optionally use it or the original. I'll then send you the EA. I tried to send you a PM, but I don't have enough posts.

You have the source at the thread

whisperer:

Any upgrade?

For some reason I was repeatedly unable to log in using my Newton51 login | password.  There is no error in the password and the email address I created the account with is no longer availalble to me (so cannot use the password recovery).  Really odd.  I had to creat the suffix "-2" to reply to your query.

Since I started looking at !xMeter_v2_2_7 I have re-read the thread and as far as I can see it is the latest version.

Newton51-2:
For some reason I was repeatedly unable to log in using my Newton51 login | password.  There is no error in the password and the email address I created the account with is no longer availalble to me (so cannot use the password recovery).  Really odd.  I had to creat the suffix "-2" to reply to your query.

Since I started looking at !xMeter_v2_2_7 I have re-read the thread and as far as I can see it is the latest version.
That is one of the issues that will be worked on and solved - not just your case when user could not log in

mladen:
That is one of the issues that will be worked on and solved - not just your case when user could not log in
Many thanks for letting me know.  I understand now.
Reason: