New EA based on the !xMeter - page 67

nivti1:
Hello Paysonwelch,

Could you please share the latest version or tell us where to find it?

Thank you for advance

Rob shared it above, I found many versions in this thread you just have to dig back. I have several virtual machines setup to run this with different parameters and I will be testing it over a period of months. I'm keeping good records too.

Rob I'll make sure to watch the draw down. I noticed that this is 1,700 lines so it will take me a while to get used to the system. My understanding is that there are lots of little ins and outs to the strategy.

paysonwelch:
I noticed that this is 1,700 lines so it will take me a while to get used to the system. My understanding is that there are lots of little ins and outs to the strategy.

If anyone who knows this strategy could add code comments to the functions it would be very helpful for other ea developers

paysonwelch:
If anyone who knows this strategy could add code comments to the functions it would be very helpful for other ea developers

Actually scratch that, I am going through the code it's not too difficult to trace through.

Hello,

I got this error message when using stochastic:

2012.07.05 13:45:47 !xmeter_v2_2_7 GBPUSD,H1: invalid integer number as parameter 2 for Indicator call function

I think it's related to this part of the code:

bool Stochastic(string symbol, int operation)

But i'm unable to figure out what this error means...

==> ok got it:

extern int StoPeriod = 1;

instead of

extern string StoPeriod = "M1";

hi,

very intresting EA , i want to try it but..

there's a "manual" or an inputs explanation ?

thanks

equity protectio

^pip^:
hi,

very intresting EA , i want to try it but..

there's a "manual" or an inputs explanation ?

thanks

Hello,

Please be very careful - it is interesting but also dangerous - 3 times closed on equity protection

Several times it is opening positions on the top for buy and on the bottom for sell

Maybe if SO can share good settings with explanations

dombo:
Several times it is opening positions on the top for buy and on the bottom for sell

Here is an example of what probably happens when the ixmeter triggers a buy at the top of a range, and a sell at the bottom of a range:

Say you have the EA attached to EURUSD, and USD is showing strength and EUR weaknes on the currency meter.

But then price starts spiking up on EURUSD for the next few hours or so...until finally the currency meter shows EUR as strong and USD as weak, so the EA triggers a buy order.

But by that time it is too late.

EURUSD then starts retracing back down (after the buy order is triggered), and might even retrace enough so that USD becomes strong again, and EUR weak again, so the EA triggers a sell, but then price goes back up again and EUR becomes strong etc.

In a whipsaw, ranging environment like this, the EA can cause a lot of losses. But if there is a strong trend that keeps going up and up and up with little retracement, or in a strong down trend that keeps going down and down and down with little retracement it might be more profitable.

Most of the time by the time the short term up trend is over on EURUSD, the currency meter might finally show a buy EUR signal, but it is too late to enter unless, as I said, the trend is strong enough to keep going up after the meter finally shows strength on EUR etc.

can anyone make a indicator to display candle length in pips with an alert. i have used others before but they do not work to good. thanks

hifromeddie:
Here is an example of what probably happens when the ixmeter triggers a buy at the top of a range, and a sell at the bottom of a range:

Say you have the EA attached to EURUSD, and USD is showing strength and EUR weaknes on the currency meter.

But then price starts spiking up on EURUSD for the next few hours or so...until finally the currency meter shows EUR as strong and USD as weak, so the EA triggers a buy order.

But by that time it is too late.

hi , it's exactly what I thought. Unless a martingale is set up to try to remove the losses, the xMeter is not so perfect

I know i have been away for sometime, but since there is new attention to this thread ill add my two cents

I was playing around with this EA, and it had amazing returns.

the only issue was filters on direction, as I dont mind if it takes a trade and suffers a retracement, but i do mind if it takes a trade in the wrong overall direction, as than martingale becomes dangerous.

I added a filter THV coral and it worked. ( however i moved on to other projects and lost track of this)

I recently put it back, and it takes no trades, I wonder if there is something wrong with the code ( due to MT4 updates)

i was using a v2.2.7

Reason: