Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 61

Updated visual statement for Alpha with PercentEquityTrailing = 1; 19 pairs:

All the settings are on this post

------------

Updated situation for Alpha EA with PercentEquityTrailing = 1 and with RSI settings (same 19 pairs with no MM, 10,000 starting deposit with 0.04 lot size);

19 pairs.

------------

All the settings are on this post.

Long Term Testing?

I notice this EA was originally posted almost a year ago, so was wondering if anyone has got any long term forward testing results that they'd be will to share.

I've been trialling this on demo and live accounts, for a couple of weeks with a little weirdness, so I'd really appreciate seeing what others experiences are like over a longer period of time, say month, 3 months, 6 months.... (More?)

Cheers

JM

jm_killybegs:
I notice this EA was originally posted almost a year ago, so was wondering if anyone has got any long term forward testing results that they'd be will to share.

I've been trialling this on demo and live accounts, for a couple of weeks with a little weirdness, so I'd really appreciate seeing what others experiences are like over a longer period of time, say month, 3 months, 6 months.... (More?)

Cheers

JM

Newdigital needed to change the broker because the five digits problem with Alpary UK but last statements are here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178132/page40

So. What would be the best broker to use Alpha9?

I do not know. Broker with 4 digits.

----------

Files:

Equity Trailing

Correct me if I'm wrong but the equity trailing tries to "caputure" equity above a set percentage of your account balance. It then closes all trades which transfers that gain into your balance. It will then start trading again immediately. If you have a 1,000 dollar balance and you have "PercentEquityTrailing" set to 10, when your equity gets to 1,100 it will close all trades to increase your account balance. The next time when your equity gets to 1210 it will do the same.

The wait time only applies to "AccountEquityPercentProtection" which is a last ditch effort to save account "balance"

Has anyone experimented with the 200sma buy/sell filter?

Confirmed

I agree, that's what seems to be happening now. Somehow, it had previously got in some kind of twist. it was saying that it was closing all trades because the positive equity trailing had been hit, but it left open some losing trades. Could have been a broker blocking issue... (trade context busy!)

I'm still seeing pretty good results here, so I like this EA, especially that it's free! Although, some significant forward testing is required.

I've also seen on a couple of demo accounts, that despite not being in the "black", rather in negative equity, it will keep opening new trades, and that increase the chances of the equity protection kicking in. In my opinion, a reallynice feature would be the ability to say, don't open new trades once 5% of equity is committed, and close all if 10% negative is hit. Although, at the moment, I'm trying it with a very, very small live account, and I can "afford" to lose this, so I'm running without any equity protection.

I know, my bad if it all goes, but because the balance is so low, I figure I can risk it, and I also need to give it 100% of the equity to breathe. What I am having to do therefore is manually go in, and tell it not to place any more trades, until I am happy that the balance is returning to a more normal place.

And that's working (currently), and hopefully if I get enough trust in this EA, I can soon leave it on complete autopilot, which is what we all want right?

Also, if a trade looks like it's sitting their "stale", and not going in the direction that the EA thought it would, I have been setting the ocassional SL and TP, to try to keep some funds safe.

For curiosities, sake, and as mentioned in an earlier post, I've got it running against some commodities and stocks, and that's showing well in the black.... (attached)

stocks_and_commodities.zip

-----------

All the settings are on this post

Alpha EA with PercentEquityTrailing = 1 and with RSI settings (19 pairs with no MM, 10,000 starting deposit with 0.04 lot size);

19 pairs.

------------

All the settings are on this post.

------------

Alpha with RSI settings for small deposit size - not any trades yet.

Reason: