New EA based on the !xMeter - page 65

No tick during the w-e...

toxxum:
Could there be an error in the code? When I make the changes and compile (without errors), the chart does not refresh any more and "initialising EA, waiting for tick..." remains there forever

between friday gmt 22h00 to sunday gmt 22h00 there are no quotation, and the EA does not receive any tick.

An EA works only at each tick. this is the tick which cause the run of the EA.

So, wait for sunday night and you will see that the EA works normally.

nivti1:
between friday gmt 22h00 to sunday gmt 22h00 there are no quotation, and the EA does not receive any tick.

An EA works only at each tick. this is the tick which cause the run of the EA.

So, wait for sunday night and you will see that the EA works normally.

I certainly know that the market is closed over the weekend. However, I made the modifications and put the EA on a demo account at around 7 a.m. GMT on Friday, i. e. during a time when the market was in full swing.

tick...

toxxum:
I certainly know that the market is closed over the weekend. However, I made the modifications and put the EA on a demo account at around 7 a.m. GMT on Friday, i. e. during a time when the market was in full swing.

it is weird! In any case, if xmeter print "waiting for tick" on the screen, this is because it does not receive tick.

I do not know what is the explanation.

try to take off the Ea from the chart and drag it again, or restart the mt4.

I have a version like yours ( with only EURUSD, EURGBP, GBPUSD ) and it has still worked perfectly on my chart.

which chart have you put xmeter on? You have to choose a pair with regurlarly tick like eurusd for example.

nivti1:
it is weird! In any case, if xmeter print "waiting for tick" on the screen, this is because it does not receive tick.

I do not know what is the explanation.

try to take off the Ea from the chart and drag it again, or restart the mt4.

I have a version like yours ( with only EURUSD, EURGBP, GBPUSD ) and it has still worked perfectly on my chart.

which chart have you put xmeter on? You have to choose a pair with regurlarly tick like eurusd for example.

I solved the problem by opening a chart for every single pair that xMeter trades, waited a few minutes until it had received sufficient tick data and then closed the charts. Sigh, the beauty of MT4 programming!

toxxum:
I solved the problem by opening a chart for every single pair that xMeter trades, waited a few minutes until it had received sufficient tick data and then closed the charts. Sigh, the beauty of MT4 programming!

ok that worked. I did not think the problem came from that.

but in future, you have only to open the history center ( F2 ) and load for every pairs concerned the M1 history.

Another thing : if you want to avoid high dd, you can as I did, set the grid at 50 ( instead of 30 ) and set the martingale to 1.1 ( instead of 1.5 )

I wonder if this EA is still working this year and

if anyone can share a latest version of it ?

Any attempts btw to make it for MQL5 ?

Thanks

question on recovery trades

hi everyone

thanks to all sharing on xmeter...

i'm testing the xmeter right now and i'm wondering why i don't see the recovery trades

i set grid 100

and delay 1440

now i should have recovery trades ?

or do i misunderstand something in trigger settings ?

thanks

--

Indicator not so performant

FerruFx:
Hi all,

I start this thread (with Rlinac agreement) about his great tool: the !xMeter.

!xMeter calculate the strength between different currencies. When I study the values on the picture below, it appears obvious that more the variation is large more it would be interesting to open a position.

So I decided to make an EA based on this invaluable indicator and which I come to present here.

This first version is only for EURUSD. If you like it, i would make the following versions: GBPUSD, AUDUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, USDCAD, EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, EURAUD, GBPJPY, GBPCHF.

Thanks for your feedback.

FerruFx

Hi FerruFX

I agree w/ you. This indicator is really interesting, but the calculation of the correlation does not convince me.

I am not sure about its reliability, I would consider to refine and rewrite it (may be based on other type of algorythm like Pearson one..

Furthermore, the timeframe for this correlation is H1. not sure about this TF too

Also, the AUD currency bring strong swaps, so AUDJPY in Long trades provides money, w/o trading in fact (50% per year at least)

IMHO (in my humble opinion), there is no weakness in the EA, just in this indie. This indie should be redefined.

of course, it's possible to analyse the trend before opening trades in the EA, or adding some filetring as Pivot DAy, or Long MA as MA100. except those points, the EA seems to me reliable

If you agree, you can reach me on my email address.

jaguar1637 from beathespread

jaguar1637:
Hi FerruFX

I agree w/ you. This indicator is really interesting, but the calculation of the correlation does not convince me.

I am not sure about its reliability, I would consider to refine and rewrite it (may be based on other type of algorythm like Pearson one..

Furthermore, the timeframe for this correlation is H1. not sure about this TF too

Also, the AUD currency bring strong swaps, so AUDJPY in Long trades provides money, w/o trading in fact (50% per year at least)

IMHO (in my humble opinion), there is no weakness in the EA, just in this indie. This indie should be redefined.

of course, it's possible to analyse the trend before opening trades in the EA, or adding some filetring as Pivot DAy, or Long MA as MA100. except those points, the EA seems to me reliable

If you agree, you can reach me on my email address.

jaguar1637 from beathespread

Hello jaguar,

If you could refine it, it will be great for all users of this indicator ( like me )

Allez, hop hop, au boulot

Reason: