New EA based on the !xMeter - page 60

Bugs in !xmeter_v2_2_3_fp

Carl:
I've noticed that it always opens new positions for the same pair against the strenght (typical for grids), which I dislike

check my post #586. There is bug with your function Stochastic(). It will always sail your boat in wrong direction. in iStochastic (pairname ..... is wrong. This will bring iStochastic value of different pair and not the one you expect.

2.2.3-fp corrected -> 2.2.4

Hello,

I have reviewed the code in 2.2.3-fp and found several issues that I have corrected in that file.

I ahve also added some features such as an entry based on Turbo RSX and also an equity protection.

Enjoy.

Files:

corrected 2.3.3.

Sorry for that!

I'm attaching a corrected version here!

2011-06-25 Updated version as follows:

- Choose period for Stochastic (from M1 to D1)

- Choose signal (1 = K/D crossing beyond 20/80, 2 = K crossing 20/80, 3 = K moving in wanted direction).

Signal 3 gives most signals. I recommend using signal 2.

Files:

liloufx:
Hello,

I have reviewed the code in 2.2.3-fp and found several issues that I have corrected in that file.

I ahve also added some features such as an entry based on Turbo RSX and also an equity protection.

Enjoy.

Good

But why change EA-name from the current one to "nba 1.1"?!!!

/Ref: extern string EAversion = "nba 1.1";

I also noticed that your version is based on my first version of 2_2_3 with the bugs. My latest version 2_3_3 (files size = 71.6 Kb, which was uploaded at #561 - sorry for that, but managing re-uploading of attachments on this site is/was not easy) has this bug fixed as well as allows to change time-frame for Stochastic.

BTW, what's your experience with the Turbo RSX indicator? I know that there are some EA's that use this indicator. For instance EXMQ / Panda Scalper / Silver EA (the last two ones are BTW commercial copycats of the first one which is free) uses this indicator together with the Laguerre_RSI indicator. Personally I think it's somewhat late in its signal. FYI, some years ago I did a regression analysis on historical data for many different indicators, and Stochastic ended up as the #1 indicator.

Maybe future versions should have several popular indicators available, so that it's possible to choose and combine between several ones.

Also, when it comes to grid-trading EA's, there are two ones that sticks out as being superior to all others that I've tried - Forex Hacked and IndoRun. And I suggest that we take a closer look at those to in order to make improvements.

Keep up the good work

version xMeter 2.2.4->2.2.5

Sorry I forgot that I changed the reference name.

The RSX is just some test I'm doing, nothing definitive or nothing that I'd advise to use.

I actually made a lot of tests on Forex Hacked. This EA is also filled with bugs and so far I find xMeter a much better martingale EA than forex hacked.

The strength I see in xMeter is that it tries to take position in the main trend. Sometimes the trend reverses and then we use the martingale to get out of that trade.

The difference between forexhacked and xMeter is that FH relies on martingale only whereas xMeter uses the martingale to save a trade. For we should only stay in a martingale trade the minimum because the longer time you are in, the more risks you take.

FH is really dumb compared to the advanced features I found in xMeter.

I have also quickly tested indo but this is too similar to blessing nothing specific stiked me with that EA.

To finish with have you had any success with the Stochastics with different timeframes? Personally I think that xMeter as it is which waits for a trend to be established to enter is quite OK. So I would use RSX or stochastics in hte same way, do enter into an established trend. The reason I used RSX is that it's a bit more smoothed than RSI.

Files:

Many Thanks

Hi liloufx,

Many times i indexed the bug in Stochastic to Carl. I don't know why he didn't fix the bug or he doesn't know how to fix it. Any how thanks for fix the error. And you added useRSX but set it to false. Have to enabled useRSX and what is your experience with useRSX.

double jrsx_0 = iCustom(pair, PERIOD_H4, "Turbo_JRSX2",7,0,1);

double jrsx_1 = iCustom(pair, PERIOD_H4, "Turbo_JRSX2",7,0,2);

Can you explain about the above 2 lines?

Regards,

Guru.

RSX on H4

My idea was to compare the xMeter with another way to find a trend. You can actually use both triggers at the same time xMeter and RSX. I wanted to check whether RSX would have better success in 1 trade baskets than xMeter. For the moment I haven't enough feedback to have an opinion whether my idea is worth anything.

Would you see any improvement that could be done in xMeter?

The 2 lines are used to get the value of the turbo RSX indicator for the last closed bar and the previous one.

why do not you share your version of the EA Guru?

guruliving:
Hi carl, I coded and testing the new version with tailing stop working fine. I removed unwanted code and recode it. I am testing it past 20 days its performance is suberb. It expects to give 5% per day with low risk. I am still fixing some problems.

Why do not you share your version of the EA? so that all of us can start testing it?

btw there is site, i am not sure if you have come across already, which gives you a good correlation of all the pairs, hope this will be of some use

forex correlation

Regrds

Many Thanks

Hi,

I am now testing more than 8 versions of this EA with different setting. I am sharply watching its progress. If i post one version of EA, it will confuse this thread. Because i alterered code and removed unwanted funcations. It will take atleast 3 months to decide which version working well. Then I will post my version soon.

Regards,

K.Guru.

sibjac:
Why do not you share your version of the EA? so that all of us can start testing it?

btw there is site, i am not sure if you have come across already, which gives you a good correlation of all the pairs, hope this will be of some use

forex correlation

Regrds

Updated version

Hi!

Attached is my latest updated corrected version 2.2.6

- corrections made on Stochastic signals due to multiple uploads 2011/07/08. StoCalc and StoPeriod was missing

- corrected default settings of starttime/endtime to 0/24, and EAversion to !xMeter

liloufx added RSX (Turbo_JRSX2) as an indicator to intiate trade. I have no problem with that, contrary, it's a good indicator. BUT, I don't think it's a good idea to use "either or", that is, either !xmeter OR RSX. Because the basic idea with this EA is to use !xmeter as THE indicator to initiate trade. And that additional indicators, like the Stochastic I added, ONLY is used to as an AND condition. That is, both conditions must be true, not either or. I have not changed that part of the code, but I strongly suggest liloufx to change the code so that RSX is used as an additional condition, and not as an alternative to !xmeter.

FYI, I regard this EA in its current form as very dangerous and yet it can be extremely profitable. The problem is the Grid Strategy with Martingale. This EA uses the strength of the currencies to enter into trades, but once a position goes in the wrong direction it DOES NOT consider the currency strength, but instead only uses the grid strategy to open more positiuons in the wrong direction. Eventually, the trend will move back, but there's no such guarantee. I've tried this EA using different settings, but the basic problem remains - it continues to open more and more positions against the trend, and against what the currency strength says. And sooner or later it ends up in a big DD that wipes out the account. There are other good grid EA's, like Forex Hacked and Indorun. But they only trade GBPUSD, a currency pair that historically moves back and forth in way that few other currency pair does.

So, my suggestion for improvements now are:

- Additional indicators should ONLY be used with !xmeter, and never as alternatives.

- Positions should ONLY be opened when the currency strength points in the same direction, and NEVER against it. And this also for additional positions for the same currency pair.

Files:
Reason: