New EA based on the !xMeter - page 58

guruliving:
Hi Carl, I tried your version. My broker is Go Markets, Server Time +GMT 2. On 20-06-2011 i started your version xmeter_v2_2_3_fp.mq4. It only placed orders after 15:00 PM. Why it took long time to place orders? And one question is can you move tailing stop based on certain profit level. ie. if the profit moves above 20 Pips move tailing stop should move to Trade Open Price + 10 Pips with some logic. Because the trade opened in my $5k demo account buy 0.05 1.43360 and it reached up to 1.43838 nearly 47 Pips it reached and finally it closed the trade with 3 pips profit. Can you add ADR of 20 days? So that it will prevent some unwanted trades outside of the trading scope.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I've re-uploaded a new version of 2.3.3 now with additional settings for Stochastic.

You can now choose period for the Stochastic. Use M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4 or D1.

Note: The parameter xMeterLockBackPer can and should be changed according to the Stochastic period. The default is 84, which means that xMeter looks back 84 hours, which is a very long time. That's 3.5 days!!! If you use this the default setting, then use long time frame of Stochastic period, like D1, H4 or H1. If you decrease this default value 84 hours to 48, 24 or even less, then you can also use lower periods for the Stochastic.

You can now choose how the signal shoould be calculated. 1 here means that the BUY-signal requires the K and D to cross below the 20-line, and a SELL-signal requires that the K and D crosses above the 80-line. This option gives few signals though (but is how Stochastics signals by default are calculated). I recommend using 2 instead. This means that only Stochastic-K must cross the 20 or 80-line (current bar compared to last bar).

Back to your questions. I added the Stochastic oscillator as an option. My experience based on analysis on historical data is that Stochastic is the best oscillator. Much better than RSI for instance. If you want to use it, then set this option to TRUE and tried different settings for Stochastic period and 2 as the StoCalc parameter

I can add ADR with period as an option as well as requested.

I will also take a closer look at how the trailing stop is calculated and moved.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you change the value for the parameter...

xMeterLockBackPer

....from its default value 84 to something lower. Because I believe that looking back 84 hours (3,5 days) is simply too long for calculating the strenght of the currencies.

guruliving:
Hi,

I am running 2 diff demo account of !xmeter_v2_2_3_fp with 5K. When i close one EA and restarting it cause the EA to place additional orders. And the other one working normal without placing orders. Restarting EA loosing its values in Variable and it should be restored in init() when starting the EA. Also additional errors continuously occured 40 times.

Error occured "2011.06.24 13:29:37 !xmeter_v2_2_3_fp EURUSD,M1: Error opening EURNZD SELL order : 4051".

2011.06.24 13:29:36 !xmeter_v2_2_3_fp EURUSD,M1: invalid lots amount for OrderSend function.

Anyone encounter this problem?

Error code 4051 means "Invalid function parameter value".

I have not changed anything in the code on how orders are sent. Only added options on how to trigger opening of trades. Adding start- and stophours, and Stochastic oscillator.

Looking at the program code, there's no TP or SL sent in the OrderSend command (a typical reason for errorsend problems). The parameters are 0. So it must be any other parameter.

I have not experienced similar problems when I stop and restart MetaTrader.

I strongly suggest to try with different brokers. I'm using Alpari UK Demo. Because often, problem can be broker-specific.

How about the param?

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the reply. Is it ok If i change the xMeterLookBackPer = 48 and Stoch = true and StoPeriod = "H1" and StoCalc = 2 and what is the difference between the new version and the old. Will it yield more signal or more % in profit?

guruliving:
Hi Carl, Thanks for the reply. Is it ok If i change the xMeterLookBackPer = 48 and Stoch = true and StoPeriod = "H1" and StoCalc = 2 and what is the difference between the new version and the old. Will it yield more signal or more % in profit?

I'm testing different settings myself, running thios EA on several demo-accounts.

My conclusion is that the default 84 hours is way too long and, as the currency strength will be misleading.

I suggest that you do the same set upp several installments of MetaTrader using the same broker, and use different settings. Run for at least one week before you then make adjustment to the settings.

Carl:
Sorry for the delay in replying.

Note: The parameter xMeterLockBackPer can and should be changed according to the Stochastic period. The default is 84, which means that xMeter looks back 84 hours, which is a very long time. That's 3.5 days!!! If you use this the default setting, then use long time frame of Stochastic period, like D1, H4 or H1. If you decrease this default value 84 hours to 48, 24 or even less, then you can also use lower periods for the Stochastic.

I suggest that you change the value for the parameter...

xMeterLockBackPer

....from its default value 84 to something lower. Because I believe that looking back 84 hours (3,5 days) is simply too long for calculating the strenght of the currencies.

It might be a silly question, but since I cannot read code, I need to ask: Regardless of which TF I put the EA, it shows in the settings "TimerFiler M1". Is that an indication that xMeterLockBackPer" doesn't look back the last 84 hours but the past 84 minutes?

First read the code

Hi toxxum,

iHighest(symb, 60, MODE_HIGH, xMeterLookBackPer / 3, 0);

the param 60 means H1. Plz first learn and familiar MQL and then ask questions.

guruliving:
Hi toxxum,

iHighest(symb, 60, MODE_HIGH, xMeterLookBackPer / 3, 0);

the param 60 means H1. Plz first learn and familiar MQL and then ask questions.

Thanks for the answer, I really appreciate it. As I said, I cannot read code and I have no intention to learn MQL. I cannot design or disassemble a car neither but I am a fairly good driver

No driver needed

toxxum:
Thanks for the answer, I really appreciate it. As I said, I cannot read code and I have no intention to learn MQL. I cannot design or disassemble a car neither but I am a fairly good driver

This thread is intended for good car mechanic. Here we are try to build a automatic super car(EA). So there is no need for driver. This thread is restricted for drivers. If you want to part of this thread learn car engine basics (MQL) and come back. So if you are not a good mechanic then don't waste your time and go to driver zone (Mt4 Indicator) which is suitable for you.

Take care :-) ..........

How is your testing

Hi Carl,

How is your test going?

Hi carl

Did your receive my m ail. Let me know your m a il ID. Plz send a mail to guruliving at g m ai l doot coom.

Thanks

Guru.

Reason: