New EA based on the !xMeter - page 59

A niggling problem???

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone can help. I am running version 2_2_3 on FXPro with settings of minimum currency pairs 8, look back 4, Sto Period M5 and Sto Calc 2. I'm getting an error in the experts terminal tab stating:

!xmeter_v2_2_3_fp EURUSD,M1: invalid integer number as parameter 2 for Indicator call function

Any ideas what's wrong?

Cheers Carl for this latest version.

T

is Stochastic working properly?

Dear Carl,

is this function Stochastic working properly in your code?

in your code

Stochastic();

if (Sto_K0 Sto_K1 && Sto_K1 Sto_D0)

BuyOK = true;

else

{

BuyOK = false;

return(false);

}

But it placed order above 80. Is there any bug or without executing the function the function ManageBuy skip the coding? Many orders it places the order weather it is buy or sell it not working. see the attached screenshot of the trading.

My settings

Stoch = true

xMeterLookBackPer = 84

Files:
screen.jpg  233 kb

guruliving:
Hi Carl, How is your test going?

Too early to evaluate, but so far it look good. The lookbackperiod should be kept low, I'm testing with anything from 1 hour to 48 hours.

BTW, I''m not able to reply to you PM's here due to the restrictipons of this site, so I will send a separate e-mail instead.

Cheers,

Carl

guruliving:
This thread is intended for good car mechanic. Here we are try to build a automatic super car(EA). So there is no need for driver. This thread is restricted for drivers. If you want to part of this thread learn car engine basics (MQL) and come back. So if you are not a good mechanic then don't waste your time and go to driver zone (Mt4 Indicator) which is suitable for you. Take care :-) ..........

Actually, I have been trading professionally for 13 years and am doing decently well by any measure. It seems to pay off to be in the driver's seat

!xMeter_v2_2_3_fp.mq4

celica:
hello bro Ferru Fx;

Thanks for sharing your xmeter ea.

I am newbie in forex. I have used your ea (xmeter multipair trader reverse ea) from the first post, and undoubtly it was profitable.

I found out that this ea is not safe to run 24/5. therefore i Would be very grateful if you could release a new version of this ea(xmeter multipairs trader reverse ea) with use time range parameter ( time start trade and time off trade). so that the ea could run only on specific time hours.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Hi!

I've been running this EA for some time now, and thought that I should post my version, which is based on the !xMeter_v2_2_2_fp.mq4

I've added the Trading Hours, so it's now possible to set start hours and end hours together with GMToffset (the hours that differs between the broker server time and the GMT/UTC time). Default values are 00.00 - 24.00, which means that it opens trades all hours.

I've also added an on/off switch for the Stochastic indicator. Default is FALSE (not in use). When set to TRUE, new trades will only open if there's a crossing of Stochastic M1 (14,3,3) above/below the 80/20 lines. With this in use, there will be less trades, but the percentage of profitable trades increases.

It also print out the Trading hours on the screen, and a line to inform if the Stochastic filter is on.

Files:

Please download the file again so thsat you have the latest version with 3 different ways to intitiate orders for Stochastic, and added extra comments. I've just re-uploaded the mq4-file with the extra comments.

If Stoch is set to TRUE, then StoCalc can be 1, 2 or 3. The strictest rule is 1, as Stochastic must be above the 80-line and there must be a K/D crossing downwards. If instead set to 2 then only Stochastic-K need to cross the 20 or the 80-line between current bar and previous bar. If set to 3, then Stochastic-K only need to move up for a buy-signal and down for a sell-signal.

The code works fine, and I don't receive any error messages. Just download and use the latest file, which is 73 335 kb large.

guruliving:
Dear Carl,

is this function Stochastic working properly in your code?

in your code

Stochastic();

if (Sto_K0 Sto_K1 && Sto_K1 Sto_D0)

BuyOK = true;

else

{

BuyOK = false;

return(false);

}

But it placed order above 80. Is there any bug or without executing the function the function ManageBuy skip the coding? Many orders it places the order weather it is buy or sell it not working. see the attached screenshot of the trading.

My settings

Stoch = true

xMeterLookBackPer = 84

Hi Tritan!

Please try to change the settings to see which setting that causes the problem. Start with the default settings, then change one setting at a time, not several at once to try to pinpoint the cause of the error.

Cheers,

Tritan:
Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone can help. I am running version 2_2_3 on FXPro with settings of minimum currency pairs 8, look back 4, Sto Period M5 and Sto Calc 2. I'm getting an error in the experts terminal tab stating:

!xmeter_v2_2_3_fp EURUSD,M1: invalid integer number as parameter 2 for Indicator call function

Any ideas what's wrong?

Cheers Carl for this latest version.

T

guruliving:
Did your receive my m ail. Let me know your m a il ID. Plz send a mail to guruliving at g m ai l doot coom.

Thanks

Guru.

My mail address can be found in the mq4-code (line 110). I'm not able to respond to private messages here due to restriction of number of posts.

New Version working fine

Hi carl,

I coded and testing the new version with tailing stop working fine. I removed unwanted code and recode it. I am testing it past 20 days its performance is suberb. It expects to give 5% per day with low risk. I am still fixing some problems.

guruliving:
Hi carl, I coded and testing the new version with tailing stop working fine. I removed unwanted code and recode it. I am testing it past 20 days its performance is suberb. It expects to give 5% per day with low risk. I am still fixing some problems.

Please share your modified version, and also your settings.

I've been running ver 2.2.3 now for some weeks. One with 12 hours lookback and another with 24 hours lookback, with the other settings as default. There seem to be very little difference between using 12 or 24 hours. The EA has performed well except during the last week, since it shows big drawdowns. And on Monday and Tuesday it stopped out 5 CADJPY positions (opened with increased Martingale 1.5 x multiplied lots), which caused a drawdown of ~30% of the balance. Somehow it seem that it stopped out the positions before the S/L. Placing the cursor over the closed positions, it shows "so: 20%", although there's no such setting. And there are still 11 open positions with a minus of a total of about ~6% of the current balance.

So, I think this EA is dangerous in its current form (as all grid-EA's) when the market moves strongly in one direction for some currencies, which it did during the last week. AccountRiskPercent of 0.1 means 0.1 lot per 10,000, which I think it too much, since there can be over 20 positions open at the same time, and the S/L is as large as 500 pip.

I've noticed that it always opens new positions for the same pair against the strenght (typical for grids), which I dislike. So I'm thinking of setting RevRecoverTrigger to true and instead of using fixed pips for starting it, let it start depedning on other conditions instead. Like a combination of time (don't let a position run away in the wrong direction for several days), and based on the actual strenght-difference between the two currencies in the pair. Maybe other conditions as well. Basically, I think it's much more safe to switch the direction of a new trade with a hedged Martingale position, and then close them both when the two opened positions are in plus. I've traded manually with this method, and it works very well.

Reason: