Step Ma EA - page 15

mrtools:
Hi Drunkpips and Jayjonbeach, Just for information still trying to fix the trailing and break even, want to get these right before moving to more changes but please keep them coming will catch up sooner or later.

Awesome and fully agree, these things are potentially critical to get this EA profitable, especially on TF's lower than H1

Of course there are hundreds of things we can do to try to improve it, and to my surprise it more than likely WILL need more than the time filter on TF's lower than H1, I did not expect this but after a lot of testing all day and night yesterday this was my conclusion. It might only need one filter, but even this is jumping the gun because without BE and TS we can't know for sure if anything more than that is needed. The other potentially very helpful thing is my wishlist option, of ALSO having an entry or exit option on the CURRENT candle IF the Step angle changes AND price has moved ___ pips from last candle (needs to be selectable due to TF, instrument differences)

So far it is trading well live last night on M1, but I know without any of the above it will not be profitable long term.

Hi all, I'm new to the forums and so far I'm just starting in the world of forex but I have knowledge of it and then I take this post to ask some questions that I have regarding this great EA.

I have noticed that since it opened this post, different variations have risen with their respective versions of this EA, including its variations is one called StepMA_3D_Ea_v2.mq4 which gained NewDigital this version and configuration for M15 that worked , and then I think eventually it climbed NewDigital other versions of this that I name, now also later in another version called date Step_MA_v7_Expert rose, which is what I been testing and because doubts have surguido BASIC.

1) Because there are two variations of MA Step, which is the differences between them

- StepMA_3D_Ea_v2.mq4

and

- Step_MA_v7_Expert

2) Which version of all variation and increases is the most recommended for the purpose of generating constant returns.

3) After the date of this post, the version that went up StepMA_3D_Ea_v2.mq4 NewDigital with a configuration for M15, is the best or perhaps excites another?

4) Step_MA_v7_Expert variation, which is what I've tried or looked good because I lack many test, note first that ..

- I opened a position with almost 200 pips StopLoss without TakeProfit, and went to the EA settings and modify the following parameters with these values

Stoploss: 60

TakeProfit: 20

And yet, I remain open position with 200 pips stoploss without TakeProfit, then I'm making wrong or if I can target some of those who have tried these settings EA that is right and that timeframe.

Thank you very much again and forgive my English translator and then use my little knowledge second.

oh and I forgot, the EA opened a position in the EURJPY and suddenly the hill, in this case under what terms the Step_MA_v7_Expert on schedule, the close a position of nothing ...? as the stop loss was nearly 210 pips from where the hill

juandiegofx:
oh and I forgot, the EA opened a position in the EURJPY and suddenly the hill, in this case under what terms the Step_MA_v7_Expert on schedule, the close a position of nothing ...? as the stop loss was nearly 210 pips from where the hill

Hi Juandiegofx,

The best version IMHO is Step Ma Expert, the 3d versions to me ok, the latest version v7 has great potential especially if I ever get all the bugs out,this trade on EurUsd its been in all week got a new version on and the trailing stop still not right , but not a bad thing for this trade.

Files:

mrtools:
Hi Juandiegofx, the latest version v7 has great potential especially if I ever get all the bugs out,this trade on EurUsd its been in all week got a new version on and the trailing stop still not right , but not a bad thing for this trade.

Fingers crossed, have done lots of testing, Strat tester, visual backtests, forward tests and I don't think its possible to get the EA profitable on M1 - M30 long term without a proper BE SL or TS in place. H1 is iffy, H4 can be done as is.

M30 down will also very likely need at least one filter, and I have tons of great ones that work for me in manual trading so no shortage of ideas. I just don't want to put the cart before the horse, we need the basics working first, and then properly tested and analysed before doing more optimizing and tweaking.

jayjonbeach:
Fingers crossed, have done lots of testing, Strat tester, visual backtests, forward tests and I don't think its possible to get the EA profitable on M1 - M30 long term without a proper BE SL or TS in place. H1 is iffy, H4 can be done as is. M30 down will also very likely need at least one filter, and I have tons of great ones that work for me in manual trading so no shortage of ideas. I just don't want to put the cart before the horse, we need the basics working first, and then properly tested and analysed before doing more optimizing and tweaking.

Hi Jayjonbeach,

Over the weekend did a few more tweaks with the trailing stop if it don't work then will probably start over and rebuild the whole Ea.

Well, these are my test results from Friday 14, Sunday 16 and Monday 17, with settings as is mentioned as a POST NewDigital ago for the M15 timeframe, but in my case with SL 50 and TP 10

I wonder what suggestions do about it .. Modify some settings, or use certain currencies or instruments, or just turn the EA in particular section or use another TimeFrame ...

stepmav7expert.htm

Files:

juandiegofx:
Well, these are my test results from Friday 14, Sunday 16 and Monday 17, with settings as is mentioned as a POST NewDigital ago for the M15 timeframe, but in my case with SL 50 and TP 10

I wonder what suggestions do about it .. Modify some settings, or use certain currencies or instruments, or just turn the EA in particular section or use another TimeFrame ...

stepmav7expert.htm

Hi Juan. See my post right above yours. Besides the things I mentioned there, the exit is a key thing that needs improvement, as I said there are many things that can be done but first we need the basics working correctly.

Thanks, today I had a problem with EA is that with the settings provided us NewDigital for M15, worked perfect and my SL 50 and TP 10, then today the EA opened as three position where each SL 210 and had no had no TakeProfit, curiously that I had already passed but the question is what happens??? Why do this?

That on that side the other is that I have noticed my missed this in certain instruments

missed

CADJPY -63.67, 12.55,13.38

EURNZD -41.84, 8.20

EURAUD -52.44, 10,31,10.04

AUDCHF -53.49, 11.55, 10.59, 1.29

USDCHF -54.08,

CADCHF -52.32, 10.79, 4.41

GBPCHF -67.14, 12.94, 6.14

So do not know if Mrs Tool or NewDigital could mention me if certain instruments where this EA work with greater success, or filter more.

thanks

You want to stick to trending pairs, and strong trenders, stay away from AN, and others like it.

Stick to AU, EA, and usually EU, things that move hard and fast, at least for this EA. Even these can have periods of ranging, and if your able, best to remove the bot imho until it passes, at least until there is a filter

M15 is NOT profitable with the version 7 StepEA, not sure which you are using, but see my post, nothing under H1 will work as it is from my testing

Reason: