Step Ma EA - page 14

jayjonbeach:
Ahhh, got ya, yes that is more clear.

This could be something we can try for a filter option, I'm just not sure if it will work as you intend.

The thing is, the price has to be moving in a positive direction on M30 in order to trigger a buy order (Step angle changes to up/blue) and in order for that to happen, everything lower than M30 also has to be moving up.

I think what you are seeing, is possibly what Mr. Tools and I are referring to, and as well, what I referred to before, where right after entering a trade, the price reverses. In the later case, there is not much you can do, the signal was given, and after that fact price on M1/M5 starts going the other way. Sometimes it won't go enough to trigger Step angle, sometimes it will, this is where a Stop Loss comes into play.

I will try and double check what you are saying you see, probably best checked on live trade situation.

Hi Drunkpips and Jayjonbeach,

Just for information still trying to fix the trailing and break even, want to get these right before moving to more changes but please keep them coming will catch up sooner or later.

please help

mrtools:
Gtudor,

If you don't mind me asking what broker are you using looking at your charts the EURUSD doesn't have any prefix or suffix before or after it, not sure about Silver and SP 500, Silver is covered in the Ea for magic number but SP 500 may help to change AutoMagic to false, other than that not sure.

ps) also something else make sure your broker allows micro mini(.01) lotsize.

I use Admiral Market

Can you help me to start, please ... ?

gtudor:
I use Admiral Market Can you help me to start, please ... ?

Let me look them up will be right back!

Thanks !

mrtools:
Let me look them up will be right back!

ok !

Wait.

I like it very much this EA .

gtudor:
ok !

Wait.

I like it very much this EA .

Went to their site looks like a normal Mt4 type account,another thing i just remembered, sometimes when i download something my computer changes the indicator name like for StepMa sometimes it changes its name to StepMa(1) if this is the case the Ea won't trade, but you will be getting errors in your terminal/experts or terminal/journal, might check that and see if there is any errors.

name

mrtools:
Went to their site looks like a normal Mt4 type account,another thing i just remembered, sometimes when i download something my computer changes the indicator name like for StepMa sometimes it changes its name to StepMa(1) if this is the case the Ea won't trade, but you will be getting errors in your terminal/experts or terminal/journal, might check that and see if there is any errors.

File looks like this and are in place:

Step_MA_v7_expert and StepMA_v7.

To rename him from StepMA_v7 in Step_MA_v7?

gtudor:
File looks like this and are in place:

Step_MA_v7_expert and StepMA_v7.

To rename him from StepMA_v7 in Step_MA_v7?

No sounds like its right, only other thing can think of is check the terminal journal tab and terminal expert tab on your open chart, see if its showing any errors from there, another just thought of possibility is to lower your extern double MaximumRisk = 0.001, I set it to .02 which may be too high for smaller accounts.

ok

mrtools:
No sounds like its right, only other thing can think of is check the terminal journal tab and terminal expert tab on your open chart, see if its showing any errors from there, another just thought of possibility is to lower your extern double MaximumRisk = 0.001, I set it to .02 which may be too high for smaller accounts.

2012.09.11 13:38:35 Custom indicator Step_MA_v7 [SP500],M1: loaded successfully

2012.09.11 13:39:25 Expert Step_MA_v7_expert [SP500],M1: loaded successfully

please

mrtools:

Can you give me your settings for EA and tell me on what symbols go?

gtudor:
Can you give me your settings for EA and tell me on what symbols go?

Its likely due to the time filter, mine was working in backtests no problem but did not trade live until AFTER the start time, which I set as 0 and 24, so it will trade 24 hours a day for now. So all day yesterday no trades but last night it started trading. Check your time filter settings and stick to normal Forex pairs until you get it working on them. (edit - hmmm, mine did not start trading until midnight, EST, I thought the time settings referred to Server time and on this account that server is 7 hours ahead of EST, so it started trading after 7am server time...)