Step Ma EA - page 18

please

You could put alert to this indicator (when it changes color) ?

Files:

mrtools:
You could put alert to this indicator (when it changes color) ?

Hi Gtudor,

Sorry for my late reply, added alerts on color change.

Files:

Thanks !

gtudor:

Hi Gtudor,

Sorry for my late reply, added alerts on color change.

Thank you so much!

help

jayjonbeach:
I too am working on this still, and getting frustrated now. I think the close order place IS the right place to put a TS , not the new order place(for one thing what you noted), and I am still trying to get it to work. I am now using a working version (I had to fix it) of Mr. Pips 3 level TS, and this is how it does it. If there is an open order, should it closed? If no, (else) then should it be modified? If yes, the TS kicks in.

Note that there are two levels BEFORE the TS kicks in. So if price moves ____ pips, move SL to BE. If moves ___pips, move SL to BE+ _____. If moves ____pips, then TS finally kicks in. This is definitely what I would like to see for this EA, and there was an error in the TS on the Mr. Pip EA but I found it and fixed it. So the Mr. Pip EA works great, all 3 levels, but when I try to transfer it over to here once again I am having difficulties.

I don't want to abandon this main framework if we can help it, just because the signal, Money Management, Time Filter, SL and TP are all working, and the only thing missing before we can move forward with possible filters, etc is more than one time option (like Asian session, LS, and NY session all selectable) and this multi-level TS (which can include BE). Sometimes I find a good EA like this Mr. Pip one, but the MM doesn't work, or the Time Filter doesn't work. Crikey is there one good EA out there where everything works!!!??? Hard to find, it seems.

Anyway I know I am close, and I am learning a lot through this process, but sure wish I knew code better.

Heloo

I began to test your EA. Could you tell me what setting do open faster transaction (when they change color)?.

I used your settings initially, but you should test several variants.

I like it, it's great.

Files:
sp500.gif  24 kb

mrtools:
Hi Jayjonbeach, Am testing this version,(v7) with a different trailing stop will see how it goes if it works will post it.

If you want to post it I will put it in strattester and backtest it to see if its working properly, will only take a few minutes

Is your computer too slow to use strat-tester (I think you mentioned something like this before) ?

gtudor:
Heloo

I began to test your EA. Could you tell me what setting do open faster transaction (when they change color)?.

I used your settings initially, but you should test several variants.

I like it, it's great.

Well I have never actually posted my settings, the EA's I posted just used the settings that were there already from Mr. Tools. You really need to play around with them, each TF and each pair can work better with slightly different settings, especially if you compare things like Gold, SPX, USD, etc. Important to play with are: Length, Kv, Stepsize, Highlow true or false.

I have not yet tried experimenting with Advance, Percentage, and UpDownshift, but really want to when I get a chance.

Note that in TF's less than H1, I have not got the EA to be profitable no matter which settings I have used, and only once with H1 with one pair only. As you can see in the picture you posted, the first trade there has a very late exit, and this needs to be addressed. Also, we still need the BE SL and multi-level TS (will help with exit) to be working correctly if we are going to have a chance at profitability, and a multi-stage Time Filter is needed for M15 and lower TF's.

Happy Tinkering

Step_MA_Expert EA with default settings except MM - MM set to false to trade by fix lot size.

It is the situation for EURUSD now:

===============

- StepMa_3D Ea_v1 is on this post.

- StepMa_3D EA is on this post.

- the settings of StepMa_3D EA for M15 timeframe is here.

- Step_MA_Expert EA with settings - use this post.

- Step_MA_v7_expert EA is on this post.

- StepMaEa_v7 EA is on this post.

- StepMaEa EA is on this post. This is a new version with a different Ea template.

mrtools:
Okay a new version with a different Ea template i probably should have started with in the first place, hopefully. Anyway ran a back test and to my surprise the trailing worked, also think the close on trend change worked, so if you've got room may want to test this version, if all goes well then off to a break even.If the back tester is to be believed not bad for the first run through with a 50 pip trailing. ps) the indicator can be found on this page post#174

Good work matey, I backtested this one quickly and I think everything seems to be working okay. Note however, the TS is missing the option to have the trigger price different from the actual trail amount, this is a very simple tweak that I can do going forward and will post it once I do.

I am confused by some of the code in this one:

int trendCurr = iCustom(s_symbol,StepMaTimeFrame,"StepMA_v7",Length,Kv,StepSize,MA_Mode,Advance,Percentage,UpDownShift,HighLow,ColorMode,5,StepMaBarToTest );

int trendPrev = iCustom(s_symbol,StepMaTimeFrame,"StepMA_v7",Length,Kv,StepSize,MA_Mode,Advance,Percentage,UpDownShift,HighLow,ColorMode,5,StepMaBarToTest+1);

if (trendCurr > 0 && trendPrev < 0)

{

OpenBuy();

----

Its different buy/sell logic than past versions but seems to work just fine. I just don't get what trendcurr > 0 means and how it makes sense for a buy, and same with trendPrev trendprev)

jayjonbeach:
Good work matey, I backtested this one quickly and I think everything seems to be working okay. Note however, the TS is missing the option to have the trigger price different from the actual trail amount, this is a very simple tweak that I can do going forward and will post it once I do.

I am confused by some of the code in this one:

int trendCurr = iCustom(s_symbol,StepMaTimeFrame,"StepMA_v7",Length,Kv,StepSize,MA_Mode,Advance,Percentage,UpDownShift,HighLow,ColorMode,5,StepMaBarToTest );

int trendPrev = iCustom(s_symbol,StepMaTimeFrame,"StepMA_v7",Length,Kv,StepSize,MA_Mode,Advance,Percentage,UpDownShift,HighLow,ColorMode,5,StepMaBarToTest+1);

if (trendCurr > 0 && trendPrev < 0)

{

OpenBuy();

----

Its different buy/sell logic than past versions but seems to work just fine. I just don't get what trendcurr > 0 means and how it makes sense for a buy, and same with trendPrev trendprev)

Don't think its different logic, just different way to try and get same result.For buy the current trend is buy color, but the previous trend color is sell, could even say trendPrev <= 0, not really much difference but maybe possibly more of a leaning towards changing to buy color.

mrtools:
Don't think its different logic, just different way to try and get same result.For buy the current trend is buy color, but the previous trend color is sell, could even say trendPrev <= 0, not really much difference but maybe possibly more of a leaning towards changing to buy color.

Thanks for reply, I guess I just don't understand how the "0" fits into it, or what exactly 0 represents in equation, don't forget I'm a total code newb! I did read the CG manual twice now, and the 2nd read after playing with many bots is sinking in much more now than the first read through. I actually feel I am getting an overall pretty good grasp now, and opening a completely new bot is not scary any more with most of the code seeming familiar or familiar type logic.

----

p.s - Attached is last version with a TS mod. There is a new extern double called "Trailamount". Now you can select where the TS kicks in (extern double lTrailingStop for buy or extern double sTrailingStop for sell ) AND how much to trail the current price (Trailamount). So for example if you put LTrailing stop as 75, and Trailamount as 30, when price goes 75 pips in your favour on a buy order, a TS will kick in and follow price 30 pips behind current price. I tested this quickly and appears to be working correctly.

Files:
stepmaea_v2.mq4  16 kb
Reason: