Step Ma EA - page 12

Step_MA_Expert EA with default settings except MM - MM set to false to trade by fix lot size.

It is open trade for now:

===============

- StepMa_3D Ea_v1 is on this post.

- StepMa_3D EA is on this post.

- the settings of StepMa_3D EA for M15 timeframe is here.

- Step_MA_Expert EA with settings - use this post.

- Step_MA_v7_expert EA is on this post.

Files:

Step_MA_Expert EA with default settings except MM - MM set to false to trade by fix lot size.

It is the situation right now:

===============

Files:

===============

Most profitable pairs for bow:

AUDUSD:

EURUSD:

===============

please help

mrtools:
This is step ma 7 expert, it opens and closes on change of color of step ma v7. Added a break even and step ma trailing stop, the break even is working in back testing but not so sure about the trailing stop yet, so for now considering this Ea a work in progress.Did as much back testing as was possible on my puter, but its very unreliable as usual.But what I have found is the Kv setting seems to be the key, and not so much the step ma length. Anyway please test this and let us know what you think it needs so we can develop it further. The StepMA_v7 needs to be in expert/indicators file, and would recommend to use this indicator version because did some very minor tweaks to this one.

I did something wrong, but to me the graph has only one color!

Files:
eurusd15.gif  22 kb

mrtools:
This is step ma 7 expert, it opens and closes on change of color of step ma v7. Added a break even and step ma trailing stop, the break even is working in back testing but not so sure about the trailing stop yet, so for now considering this Ea a work in progress.Did as much back testing as was possible on my puter, but its very unreliable as usual.But what I have found is the Kv setting seems to be the key, and not so much the step ma length. Anyway please test this and let us know what you think it needs so we can develop it further. The StepMA_v7 needs to be in expert/indicators file, and would recommend to use this indicator version because did some very minor tweaks to this one.

what time frame are we to test it wit ?

gtudor:
I did something wrong, but to me the graph has only one color!

Hi Gtudor,

In the indicator external parameters change extern int ColorMode = 0; to ColorMode = 2;

fabulono:
what time frame are we to test it wit ?

Hi Fabulono,

Would say any time frame, but probably look for time frames with good long lasting trends to latch onto.

mrtools:

Great stuff thanks so much, will put it to work right away.

Can I ask what kind of tweaking was done to Indy?

jayjonbeach:
Great stuff thanks so much, will put it to work right away. Can I ask what kind of tweaking was done to Indy?

Have looked at code and have some additional questions to above.

StepMabartotest - If we put 2 here, does this mean EA will wait until current bar closes before opening trade (looks at last bar vs 2 bars back like original)? It looks like you opted to have the current bar compared to last as default correct? (which means repainting can be a factor)

BE pips and profit - is the BEpips the number of pips before a stop is even placed at BE? What is the profit setting for?

Time filter - I have never been clear about the whole GMT thing, how different Brokers are all different, and how to account for all these things etc. Most of my demo Brokers all seem to be 4 hours ahead, if I want the robot to start trading at 10pm does this mean I should put 2am as start time?

Gold - The bot I coded worked for Gold, will this one still work and all settings? (important for me)

----

You sure did a lot of work here, thanks very much!

Lots of testing to do here for sure, to which I'm sure I'll have more questions and things to report.

Cheers

Reason: