Step Ma EA - page 9

newdigital:
Step Ma EA with default settings except MM - MM set to false to trade by fix lot size.

===============

- StepMa_3D Ea_v1 is on this post.

- StepMa_3D EA is on this post.

- the settings of StepMa_3D EA for M15 timeframe is here.

- Step_MA_Expert EA with settings - use this post.

Thx for the share and I will try that EA also tomorrow with the current one.

mrtools:
Ok found my errors and hopefully corrected them but there is no telling how the Ea will perform, the indicator for this Ea (the v3) is doing the repainting especially the fast step ma is the easiest to tell.Believe it or not was trying to follow the first post strategy but having a lot of distractions lately, guess it caused me to loose focus, so hopefully this version is better. Not able to back test at the moment but think it should be ok.

In the Ea is extern int bars = 1, that is first closed bar back. So maybe can adjust this for repainting. The "Point" in the v3 code doesn't affect it as far as i have been able to tell, seems to be there mainly for the comments.

V8 indicator far as i can tell doesn't repaint have tried to simplify it somewhat but never could get it right.Explanation about Step Ma Ea which uses v8Ea indicator is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

WOW.

Amazing work Mr tools and in a short time also.

Again thank you for your effort and support as usual.

Now the EA can just be described as LEGENDARY -2

It follows the rules perfectly whether it's The entry or Close or even the re-entry. Superb work Mr tools.

I tried it on many pairs and almost 70% of the time it gave 100% success rate.

But again what makes it LEGENDARY -2 is that it has only two problems.

1) It doesn't always apply the take profit rule.

In the zip file attached you will find 4 tests on 4 different pairs : USD CHF - GBP USD - EUR USD - USD JPY

Some times it just leave the order opened till the end time of the duration of the back test and just closes at stop instead of closed at TP.

When I checked this I found that the market has already exceeded the TP by many points and yet it didn't close on TP.

See this pic :

You will find that it made a perfect entry and although I made the TP=11 and the market was up by 40+ pips it didn't close on TP but instead it just continued to the end and closed on loss.

You will find that it made that in all the tests I attached. But in some pairs it does that in the last trade like in EUR USD and GBP USD and sometimes in the first trade like USD CHF and USD JPY.

2) Problem number two is that when it closes and order on TP it opens another one in the same instant. If that can be removed and instead we have an option whether to open another trade in the same instant considering that the trend is still in the same direction ot another option to just wait for the next signal and open another trade.

Those were the only two problems.

------------------------

1) The way I made the settings to get those perfect results is that I made the stop loss = 1000000 ( so no stop loss or trailing stop ) and that's because if it followed the rules and applied the TP it will never a stop loss. Also the second readon is that I wanted to see how the EA will work with the closing signals and TP.

2) Take profit = 11 ( That's just my lucky number ) but try to keep it simple because in most cases the trend won't just fly up to 150 pips or something.

3) Don't close at close signals because while working manually with this indicator i found that many times it gives a close signal and after two three bars another entry signal is given.

-----------------------

You will notice that if the TP is applied correctly we will have much much more successful trades because once it gives the entry signal it will reach the TP price in 95% of the cases.

Again Thanks for your superb effort and LEGENDARY -2 Indicator.

Files:
back_tests.rar  35 kb
usd_chf_g.gif  61 kb

Found more bugs and hopefully now maybe the close will work correctly on profit or loss, anyways want to fwd test from tomorrow till the end of the week to see how it goes. Will be updating here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

from now on as needed. Will always post the updated version there, maybe it will make less confusion.

elmloook:
Thx so much for ur reply and concern Mr tools. That's what makes this forum so awesome.

1) As for the indicator and the colouring rule. I never found this colour option before in any post in this thread about the v8 indicator so it's the first time I See the rule now and so I made the colour option set to 2 now and it's working fine

2) I know you said that the EA was useless but I just quoted the part that I think makes the EA goes against the 1st post rules.

Also I'm using the EA that was posted along with the V8 indicator in one of ur posts and that newdigital referred to for other members.

I'm not using it but wanted to see the logic of it's work.

3) The repainting point. I'm not sure if this means that the indicator goes from red to blue for example then back to red again or you mean something else.

If that's the case then the problem is in v8 indi cause that's the one the change colour according to trend but other versions like for example v3 ( The one I'm using now ) doesn't change colours.

And if by repainting you mean for example that at one point the lines may cross ( in v3 not v8 ) then after a couple of bars that cross goes away then this can be fixed by maybe only opening an order after a confirmation by say 3-4 bars cause as I use this indicator I noticed that once it gives a signal it pretty much goes for not short time with it.

4) The picture I took wasn't to show the backtest. I only wanted to see when it opens the orders and when it closes them and how much it's obeying the rules

5) Strangely also after I knew the colouring rule in the v8 indi I applied it now to the same chart and still it didn't open or close trades when coloures changed.

6) If the EA could follow the rules in the first post step by step then it would be so profitable. And if you made according to other rules or strategy then plz state it along with the next EA

7) I thank you again for your concern and willing to help.

Ok found my errors and hopefully corrected them but there is no telling how the Ea will perform, the indicator for this Ea (the v3) is doing the repainting especially the fast step ma is the easiest to tell.Believe it or not was trying to follow the first post strategy but having a lot of distractions lately, guess it caused me to loose focus, so hopefully this version is better. Not able to back test at the moment but think it should be ok.

In the Ea is extern int bars = 1, that is first closed bar back. So maybe can adjust this for repainting. The "Point" in the v3 code doesn't affect it as far as i have been able to tell, seems to be there mainly for the comments.

V8 indicator far as i can tell doesn't repaint have tried to simplify it somewhat but never could get it right.Explanation about Step Ma Ea which uses v8Ea indicator is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

ps1)now its v1a, found some more bugs hopefully got them this time added an on off for the trade error alerts if you use a broker with constant requotes like one of mine the alerts become too much, also tried to shore up the close routine due to backtests done by Elmloook, thanks to him and Newdigital for their help.

Files:

mrtools:
Found more bugs and hopefully now maybe the close will work correctly on profit or loss, anyways want to fwd test from tomorrow till the end of the week to see how it goes. Will be updating here

from now on as needed. Will always post the updated version there, maybe it will make less confusion.

Thank you for the updated version mr tools.

I tried it now but unfortunately it's still the same problem. Don't close all the time at TP or SL but instead the trade just keeps going till the market closes. ( End of chart in back test ).

I'm thinking that maybe if you didn't know where the bug to this problem can be fixed from We can have another EA running that closes the trades on the TP or SL.

I have two EA that can do this so I thought about this.

Tomorrow I will run this updated version of EA and set TP say 11 say on GBP USD chart

I will then open another GBP USD chart and run that other EA that closes the trades and set the TP on 12.

So in that manner I think even if the step EA didn't close the trade on the 11 TP the other EA will close it on 12.

But I don't know if this can be done or not and also I don't know if that was done will the step MA open another trade or it has to close the trade itself to open another one.

That's just something I thought about.

I will try this tomorrow when the market opens but till then

What do you think mr tools and newdigital or any other mamber that's following this thread ?

elmloook:
Thank you for the updated version mr tools.

I tried it now but unfortunately it's still the same problem. Don't close all the time at TP or SL but instead the trade just keeps going till the market closes. ( End of chart in back test ).

I'm thinking that maybe if you didn't know where the bug to this problem can be fixed from We can have another EA running that closes the trades on the TP or SL.

Tomorrow I will run this updated version of EA and set TP say 11 say on GBP USD chart

I will then open another GBP USD chart and run that other EA that closes the trades and set the TP on 12.

So in that manner I think even if the step EA didn't close the trade on the 11 TP the other EA will close it on 12.

But I don't know if this can be done or not and also I don't know if that was done will the step MA open another trade or it has to close the trade itself to open another one.

What do you think mr tools and newdigital or any other mamber that's following this thread ?

Elmoook,

By any chance did you turn the useStepMaClose to true while testing, i ask because while testing i constantly forget things like that, and also the close function in there works very well using other strategies.

mrtools:
Elmoook, By any chance did you turn the useStepMaClose to true while testing, i ask because while testing i constantly forget things like that, and also the close function in there works very well using other strategies.

Yes the useStepMaClose works perfectly and closes on the right signals whether it was a buy or sell trade.

But when I work with this indicator manually I don't work with the closing signals cause it's some times fake.

I may get a close signal now and after two bars I get another re-enter signal. So that's why I only work with TP and entry signals.

And since I do that manually I didn't change it on back testing. I close the useStepMaClose and make it false so as to work only with TP.

Also the TP option in the EA works on 70 % of the cases but just sometimes it seems to ignore it and leave the order open till it's closed when the chart reaches it's end on the back test.

As I said I will try forward testing it when the market open and of course I will constantly upload the results here.

But you didn't answer my question about using another EA with it just to be sure it closes in TP in the last post.

Here it's again :

I just tried now the Idea of operating two EAs at the same time.

The stepMA along with another EA to ensure that the trade will close at the desired TP.

And the idea worked. So I will begin forward testing this and will try to post the results here regualrly to see how this will work.

Again thanks for the effort, time and concern mr tools and newdigital.

jayjonbeach:
Talk about a simple concept for EA, did anyone already consider making an EA based on only this ONE Indy and only on colour change only? If blue buy, if red exit buy and enter short. Repeat, repeat, etc

Or is this one of the repainting Indy's? (pic is from earlier in thread)

If so, there are non-repainting ones like this, even non-lag nrp ma on fast setting etc.

What also looks great, is the non-lag set on one TF higher, like H4 on the H1 chart, but I think it is not possible to code an EA on this signal IIRC? Also of course, it will repaint 3 or 4 bars due to MTF but signal once solidified might still be good, if able to code it.

Based on the pic below, its hard to imagine an EA not being profitable, it will have times where it gets chopped around (which could be filtered out) and takes small losses or has some BE but overall the big wins will pay for that and much more.

Does this version of StepMA I attached also repaint (from Igorad but who knows if it has been messed with)? Or do they all by default and that is the issue you trying to work around?

Hello Mr. Tools. Could you please let me know which Indicator this is (version) and which settings this was in this post?

Also if it is a repainter as I seen you mentioning something about this earlier in the thread.

Thanks very much

Edit - actually I was able to duplicate the settings finally (using the Indy in the post above that I quoted), so I only really want to know now:

1 - does it repaint?

2 - Can we make an EA based on this concept? (either colour or angle)

Thanks looking forward to your reply!

jayjonbeach:
Hello Mr. Tools. Could you please let me know which Indicator this is (version) and which settings this was in this post?

Also if it is a repainter as I seen you mentioning something about this earlier in the thread.

Thanks very much

Edit - actually I was able to duplicate the settings finally (using the Indy in the post above that I quoted), so I only really want to know now:

1 - does it repaint?

2 - Can we make an EA based on this concept? (either colour or angle)

Thanks looking forward to your reply!

Hi Jayjonbeach,

The indicator(somewhat updated) is the same as the one posted here with the Ea.

About repainting not sure but last I saw Newdigital's fwd testing this version was doing pretty good, but a good way to test for that is put it on 1 minute visual backtest with any Ea and watch it, best way I know of.

Reason: