Step Ma EA - page 21

gtudor:
Sorry for the delay.

StepMaEa_V 1.01 open a sell trade on the S & P500 at 1310.00.

I want to put trailing stop at 1309.00.

That means put trailng stop at 1.00 (5 digit broker).

It works trailing stop of 10.0 (10 points) but not 1.0 (point).

Thanks

Gtudor,

from my experience a trailing stop is actually a stop loss moved as the price allows, most brokers require the open price to be a minumum price away from the order before the trailing stop will work, at least this is how it used to be but don't think this has changed,usually has to be 5 or more pips before the trailing stop will modify.

Thanks !

mrtools:
Gtudor, from my experience a trailing stop is actually a stop loss moved as the price allows, most brokers require the open price to be a minumum price away from the order before the trailing stop will work, at least this is how it used to be but don't think this has changed,usually has to be 5 or more pips before the trailing stop will modify.

Thank you. I'll try with trailing stop 5 points .

i dont know why,, the only stepma3d worked in my broker,, but there is some bug too with this ea,, if I set "use reentry" to "false", it will open buy immediately,, altough the indi said sell,,

the new version could not open trade on my plateform, xe markets, 5digit

drunkpips:
the new version could not open trade on my plateform, xe markets, 5digit

Drunkpips, which version, and are you getting any errors in your terminals journal.

jayjonbeach:
Well I have never actually posted my settings, the EA's I posted just used the settings that were there already from Mr. Tools. You really need to play around with them, each TF and each pair can work better with slightly different settings, especially if you compare things like Gold, SPX, USD, etc. Important to play with are: Length, Kv, Stepsize, Highlow true or false.

I have not yet tried experimenting with Advance, Percentage, and UpDownshift, but really want to when I get a chance.

Note that in TF's less than H1, I have not got the EA to be profitable no matter which settings I have used, and only once with H1 with one pair only. As you can see in the picture you posted, the first trade there has a very late exit, and this needs to be addressed. Also, we still need the BE SL and multi-level TS (will help with exit) to be working correctly if we are going to have a chance at profitability, and a multi-stage Time Filter is needed for M15 and lower TF's.

Happy Tinkering

Okay a new version with a different Ea template i probably should have started with in the first place, hopefully. Anyway ran a back test and to my surprise the trailing worked, also think the close on trend change worked, so if you've got room may want to test this version, if all goes well then off to a break even.If the back tester is to be believed not bad for the first run through with a 50 pip trailing.

pss) found some minor bugs in the tp,sl, and ts fixed those, streamlined the magic number code somewhat.Added a close on Friday.now its version 1.02

This is Step Ma Ea was originally Step Ma Ea_v1.45, added the ecn broker code, updated the 5 digit code in the Ea and indicator. My understanding of the code and how the Ea works from my testing. The Ea use the StepMa_v8EA indicator to make its decisions, for sells price must be coming from above the step ma and break the ma down + delta short pips then it should enter a sell the Ea use the step ma to determine its exits if price move delta short exit pips from price the Ea will close the trade, in the chart pictures i am showing some trades it took, and some possible potential. When these trades were taken i had delta short exit at 1 not for sure exactly how it worked and was using an old set file, but earlier this week the Ea took some sells on gbpusd would have been major winners if i would have had my settings right, have since changed delta short and long exits to 10. Buys work the same as the sells, in the setfile it is just basic starting settings for the Ea. You can choose either letting the indicators direction close your trades or you can use initial stop loss long and short and take profit long and short for regular stops and take profits. Anything that has the word size in it is using a formula from the indicator step size. The break even uses a break even gap and break even its in pips it uses Kz a volatility setting but it is hard coded at one, how it works is its break even time kz + break even gap is your actual break even. Also if you wish for more confirmation there is an EMA inside for that it is controlled by filter period. As i think of more things to add to how this Ea works will let every one know, oh another thing is buys should work exactly same as sells if your settings are mirroring each other. Am working on on an replacement indicator for this Ea am pretty close to having it complete, it will not repaint the colors, the indicator in this Ea far as i can see the Ea is using the numbers 0 and 5 buffer or guess should say not the colored part of the indicator, so should be fine.

Again in the pictures you can see the quick opens and closes am sure it was because i had delta short exits at 1, which didn't give the Ea room to do its thing, so in the set file attached this should be at 10 now, which still may be too close, but will see.

Reason: