Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 10

Time settings (Brokertime etc. ...)

Dear friends, dear Linuxser,

THANK YOU for Your help and answers!!

My question is:

I have heard and read here in the Forum, it is necessary

to adjust the time settings in some way (brokertime ?)

to perform successful trading.

Sorry, but I really don`t know, what this means!

WHAT are these adjustments? How do they affect trading?

HOW can I make this needed adjustments and

WHEN are they necessary? ( I am living in GMT +1.00 timezone )

Please explain in easy + understandable words, so I do not

have to ask again...

Thanks AGAIN 4 Your help!

Rolf

greyowl:

My question is:

have to ask again...

Rolf

Not sure what is your need.

The time provided in your trading platform can't be changed. This is the broker server time.

However, if you trade an EA with a time filter, you may adjust this time in the inputs parameters of the EA. Example if the EA trade the London open (07:00 GMT time) and your broker has an offset of 2hrs (GMT+2) ... Then the London open at your broker time will be 09:00. You will have to set the EA accordingly.

Hope this is what you meant.

FerruFx

Any tool to download MT4 data?

After 3 months I opened my Mt4 charts.

Whenever I open a new chart or even just change a time frame

it first starts downloading the data from the server.

Is there any tool present that automatically download all the data for all time frames (for all currency pairs)

Best wishes,

DAVE

greyowl:

My question is:

have to ask again...

Rolf

Sorry but no. Only a few indicators needs to adjusted to perform as request. Like pivot indicators, Murray Math, etc. But you don't need to adjust anymore.

Also, and this is different, you need to adjust your personal clock to don't lose the important news that affect the forex market..

That's mean to know the other trading places time.

If you're living with GMT +1, it's London time and you're a lucky guy because London time it's very important.

Technically:

Brokertime couldn't be adjusted and it's the time that shows your platform and sometimes could complicate a bit H4 candles.

Is that, it's simple.

PD. Time could affect you biological response and this could be a little problem. This happens when you live far away from most important market timezones. EG: You must wake up to 3 AM to attend London Open

How to display cross currencies in MT4

Hi All,

I'm looking for a technique of displaying a chart on MT4 that will behave just like any other chart, (will allow me to attach indicators to it and automatically update in realtime) but will not be on a currency pair that is provided by the broker.

For example, let's say that the broker provides the following pairs: EURUSD & GBPUSD but does not provide: EURGBP

I'd like to create a chart in MT4 that would display to me the EURGPB chart assuming that I fed it with the prices from both the EURUSD and GBPUSD pairs.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks.

PS. This is just a hypothetical example, I know that most brokers provide the EURGBP pair, but I don't of a broker that provides PLNJPY, or other exotic pairs but they do provide currency pairs that could be used to generate such charts.

To name a chart in metatrader

Hi!

I need help.When i open an chart of lets say GBPJPY 1hour on the top leftside on the frame of the chart its says GBPJPY,1H

who or is it possible to change that text ...

Regards

JF

jensfrode:
Hi!

I need help.When i open an chart of lets say GBPJPY 1hour on the top leftside on the frame of the chart its says GBPJPY,1H

Regards

JF

I believe you can't change that but you can hide it.

Just untick this option.

Before

After

jensfrode:
Hi!

Regards

JF

Sorry, I just understood the question. You mean to have the possibility to rename that labels

It's my wish too, since the beginning with MT4

Is not possible right now with current version.

Files:

Mt4 freezing

Mt4 Freezing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all

This is my first post. My MT4 keep freezing. I have installed it on with my live account on over six high spec Computers but still it freezes on all of them. Can anybody suggest anything?

bzman:
Mt4 Freezing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all

This is my first post. My MT4 keep freezing. I have installed it on with my live account on over six high spec Computers but still it freezes on all of them. Can anybody suggest anything?

Fresh installation with default settings (nothing added) and it's frozen? I don't believe that.

Check if your antivirus didn't vaulted the files.