Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 16

how to generate the .ex4 file

Hi,

I am new to metatrader and metaeditor. The installation was succeed but I don't know why I can't generate the .ex4 file. I compiled the sample .mq4 file but the corresponding .ex4 file generated always in 0 size.

Help please!

Kenny

Indicator disappears! (Help)

Greetings everyone! (I'm new here),

I completely empty the indicator's folder so that I can control what I put in it. Is that an acceptable procedure?

Could anybody tell me why an .ex4 file, that I drag into the "indicators" folder (while MT4 is closed) doesn't show under "Custom Indicators" when I open MT4? And when I recheck the "indicators" folder, I see a mqlcache.dat file in stead?

And if I drag an .ex4 file TOGETHER WITH the corresponding .mq4 file into a completely empty "indicators" and then open MT4, I can see the indicator's name under "Custom Indicator", but cannot attach it to the chart. Why?... And when I close MT4 and recheck the contents of "indicator", I see the mq4 file of the indicator, but the .ex4 is now replaced by a .log file. Why? NB: A mqlcache.dat file appears as well.

What am I doing wrong?

half-half

Hello,

How can I run 2 EA's (or the same one with different settings) on the same platform, different accounts.

When I attach the second one to another account, the first one is desactivated...

thx in advance

File Types

Are all xx.mg4 experts? and all .ex4 indicators?

I find a lot of indicators that have have a .ex4 and mg4 extension. Seems they are only indicators because they do nothing when I upload them to the experts directors and try to install them to a chart.

Arrows, Shapes, Symbols not working

Anyone ever have this problem? When I insert an arrow, symbol (thumbs up, thumbs down, etc) or shape, I get a squiggly line that looks somewhat like a letter instead of the symbol. I have changed the codes under the properties for that particular object but that only changes it to another type of letter or "wingding".

I downloaded several demos from Fxdd, ODL and Ibfx. The same problem is occuring on all platforms. I am running Windows XP but it is also occuring on another computer that is running Vista.

I am stumped?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

alpine4133:
Are all xx.mg4 experts? and all .ex4 indicators? I find a lot of indicators that have have a .ex4 and mg4 extension. Seems they are only indicators because they do nothing when I upload them to the experts directors and try to install them to a chart.

No.

mq4 is the source code (the one you can modify)

ex4 is the compiled code (the one that MT4 needs to do something like plot RSI)

treuzelen:
Hello,

How can I run 2 EA's (or the same one with different settings) on the same platform, different accounts.

When I attach the second one to another account, the first one is desactivated...

thx in advance

You need to change the EA magic number: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175728

half-half:
Greetings everyone! (I'm new here),

I completely empty the indicator's folder so that I can control what I put in it. Is that an acceptable procedure?

Could anybody tell me why an .ex4 file, that I drag into the "indicators" folder (while MT4 is closed) doesn't show under "Custom Indicators" when I open MT4? And when I recheck the "indicators" folder, I see a

file in stead?

And if I drag an .ex4 file TOGETHER WITH the corresponding .mq4 file into a completely empty "indicators" and then open MT4, I can see the indicator's name under "Custom Indicator", but cannot attach it to the chart. Why?... And when I close MT4 and recheck the contents of "indicator", I see the mq4 file of the indicator, but the .ex4 is now replaced by a .log file. Why? NB: A mqlcache.dat file appears as well.

What am I doing wrong?

half-half

To first question: YES, if you know what are you doing.

To second question: try to delete mqlcache.dat and restart MT4.

To third question: if you have a log, most chances that your indicator is defective

To four question...

arixer:
Hi,

I am new to metatrader and metaeditor. The installation was succeed but I don't know why I can't generate the .ex4 file. I compiled the sample .mq4 file but the corresponding .ex4 file generated always in 0 size.

Help please!

Kenny

Defective source code?

Indicator disappears.

Thank you Linuxser for answering my questions. That was helpful.

last month 5 min chart

is there a way (a tool?, a service?) to go back on a 5 minute chart to check out last month? thanks!

longdraw:
is there a way (a tool?, a service?) to go back on a 5 minute chart to check out last month? thanks!

Keep pushing revpag key.

hello mis amigos = ( my friends)

i was just wonder how can we activate the forex robot trader if any one know how pls post it. ty

Reason: