Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 11

Any takers on this one?

saltcafe:
Hi All,

I'm looking for a technique of displaying a chart on MT4 that will behave just like any other chart, (will allow me to attach indicators to it and automatically update in realtime) but will not be on a currency pair that is provided by the broker.

For example, let's say that the broker provides the following pairs: EURUSD & GBPUSD but does not provide: EURGBP

I'd like to create a chart in MT4 that would display to me the EURGPB chart assuming that I fed it with the prices from both the EURUSD and GBPUSD pairs.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks.

PS. This is just a hypothetical example, I know that most brokers provide the EURGBP pair, but I don't of a broker that provides PLNJPY, or other exotic pairs but they do provide currency pairs that could be used to generate such charts.

Any takers on this one?

:: Hi SaltCafe! yes you can do this with 3 choices:
  1. easy way: but not realtime, you have to make a historical file & view it offline.
  2. difficult one: make a blank chart (by changing chart colors) & draw the new currency pair on chart or use a sub window & minimize the main chart. You can only use indicators that have the setting to use "previous" or "first indicator data" or use customized indicators for that.
  3. change broker

IN10TION

saltcafe:
Any takers on this one?

Help a Newbie to MT4!!!

Ok guys, I need some assistance. I am new to MT4, however not new to trading, just getting into Forex(I am a equities option trader on medium term time frame) and since I usually trade medium term, have been looking for a vehicle I can intraday trade 24 hrs, viola! forex!

Ok, if there is a software platform out there that is available, I've tried it and checked it out. Metatrader, reminds me of tradestation, both have a proprietary language that the platform compiles into code.

Ok, here is the gist of it. I love all these brilliant expert advisors and custom indicators that you fellows have built(some real smart techs here). My question(s) are./

1. I see many indicators that are by themselves that you can add to a chart, then, I see, many indicators bundled together that you use as a system(more like a EA, however manual). Question, when you save a bundle of indicators for a developed system, how do you lump them together? How about the individual indicators?

2. How do you install the EA's? Do you lump the bundle of indicators into a EA set to manual?

I have loaded to my computer a couple of EA's and many indicators, some individual, some bundled into a complete system and template. I do not know how to bundle the system all into the same folder. The furthest I have got, is I will open metatrader editor and then "open" my forex EA's and indicators in my computer, choose one then hit "compile". The editor says that is is compiling and I will wait for more than 10min, it still says it is compiling with 0 errors. I cant find the indicator in the expert indicator file in terminal. What gives? It says it is compiling, doesn't look like it is doing anything. Does it take a while for the editor to compile? 30min for 1 indicator? It would seem that the system would compile the mql code into executable file whithin seconds.

I have tried to find the info on mql4 website and here. Where can I find the concise information on how to load into metatrader all these cool indicators and EA's that exist in ForexTSD? I would like to know how I should go about properly installing into metatrader the various indicators, systems and EA's depending on whether they are individual or complete system. Any leads and or help would be greatly appreciated! Mr.SilverandGold

Some answers are on this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

How to default to property settings on EA template?

Hello all,

I would appreciate someone can give some hints on how to change the template settings.

My problem was that whenever I make a change to the EA template, for example, change lot size from 0.01 to 0.1. I was able to change to 0.1 size and applied to the change. When I open up the property again for the template, and it was defaulted back to original value which is 0.01. Appreciate your help pls. Thanks.

About Indicator's modify

I have a indicator and I made a copy of it.

But when I run the "copy", nothing display.

Could you tell me why?

I also modified string short_name parameter in the code.

But the problem was the same as before.

Best regards

Franky

MT4 Profile use of computer resources

Do profiles that aren't accessed use my computer's resources?

I'm wondering if I have different templates and different currencies on other profiles than the one I'm using if the indicators on the other profiles are being computed.

No. Only the current profile is calculated and updated.

Hey thanks 4xCoder!

I didn't know if my MB Trading platform was slowed by a bunch of Metatrader profiles running in the background.

Reason: