Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 2

Thanks for those suggestions, IN10TION and newdigital.

In the meantime I came up with the idea of moving the memory hungry indicators temporarily to my desktop. At least this has enabled me to open MT4 and close the chart windows that I opened yesterday.

With MT4 open, I can now play around and adjust some settings while I'm waiting for some more memory to arrive.

Thanks again.

hello gurus,

i do imagine how possible it is to perform a lot of wonders with the coding of expert advisors and custom indicators to perform virtually anything on the meta4 platform.

i however like to know if all this coding knowledge and expertise could be aplied to other fields or platform and still perform the same miracle,or is it just limited to mt4 forex trading platforms?

Help

I wanted to know if there's another help or manual other than the help in the software so I can read more information about it??

Read this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706 (especially first post).

missing popup

Hi all

i have those popup alerts on my charts..but must have done something..they disseapered..lol i can still hear the sound ,,but cant find the litle bugger...

anybody know where to find it again so it shows on screen again ????

Where it was from?

New User Q's

Hi all!

I am looking at and am new to the world of MT4 and have a few questions (searched but did not find the answers). My experience is with TradeStation.

Can I develop my method in MT4 that will have physical signals and alerts appear when my conditions call for (trade), carry out that trade at a broker automatically (100% hands free)?

What types of reports are available?

Assuming that the first question is yes - is there a sample code that carries out all the functions required (to learn from)?

Thanks for the Help!!

BR

Look at thread thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706 (especially first post) - it is all you need from the beginning.

Question about changing EA parameters

If I have an EA running and change the parameters (say profit target or something), what happens? Will the EA use the new parameter? I understand a parameter that was related to orders already opened wouldn't mean anything, but I was thinking aboout profit target, stop oss, trailig stop, etc). Would the EA start again at the beginning?

Make Expert Advisor Visible ?_

hi just want to know

when you put your advisor in visual mode .. is there a a secret . cause some expert advisors dont show you the indicators they use ... simply shows nothing

Reason: